IGNORED

Seven sisters catholic musical group going viral

Diana

I guess the rules must be different for these Catholic fundies, they're all defrauding by showing their shoulders and some their knees and thighs.

But the singing OMG how awful. The song might have been intresting if they were in tune.

I guess the rules must be different for these Catholic fundies, they're all defrauding by showing their shoulders and some their knees and thighs.

But the singing OMG how awful. The song might have been intresting if they were in tune.

Catholics living in traditionally Catholic countries tend not to be as puritanical as their co-religionists in the English speaking world. The obvious reason for this is that Puritanism started in England and seems to be confined to those areas where the English settled. While there have been a number of Catholic reform movements over the centuries, the American Catholic obsession with modesty, homeschooling, and sola skirtura seem to have been borrowed from American fundamentalist Protestantism. The panegyrics to American exceptionism and essays about why Thomas Aquinas would have approved of small government that you find in "First Things" would also strike Catholics from Catholic countries as odd. The most glaring example of how Protestant American Catholicism is, is to see how "orthodox" American Catholics turn their noses up at folk Catholicism from traditional Catholic countries or to see how they regard Catholics from Latin America or the Phillipines with distain. A couple of years ago, I read an article on "Crisis Magazine" that claimed that immigration from Latin America needed to be stopped, because Latinos tend to vote Democratic and would support pro-choice politicians. :pink-shock: Needless to say, that was the last time I read Crisis.

I couldn't listen to the entire video. Does the slice of cheese ever break free from its prison of bread?

No. It is eaten, with paper, by Teri Maxwell.

I watched all of these last night with my friend. It was better than watching a funny movie or stand-up comedy.

I watched all of these last night with my friend. It was better than watching a funny movie or stand-up comedy.

I assume you pre-medicated with (a lot) of wine or similar substance. I know I'd have to...

Is it the awkward translation, or do none of these lyrics make sense?

I do speak Spanish, but I can't keep up with those who speak it fast, and I refuse to listen to this song over and over again to try and pick out the lyrics. Could somebody who has a better command of the Spanish language than I do please tell us if the lyrics are really as bad as the English translation makes them out to be, or if their translator just needs to be fired.

Agree on the tone deaf, they can NOT sing. Well, some of them don't sound half bad, just might need some training. Some of the others... The Lord did say make a joyful NOISE, but he did not say go and make a CD of it.

I assume you pre-medicated with (a lot) of wine or similar substance. I know I'd have to...

Nope, we were stone-cold sober.

Almost a million views on "Amen." And some entertainer made a parody video, and on their Twitter they got pissed off and said "there are minors in this group and they're being teased at school! How do you expect to handle this issue?"

So many things they didn't think through before they put this shit up on the internet. SO many things..

lavanguardia.com/gente/20140228/54401858487/flos-mariae.html

*La Vanguardia is huge news site*

This news is in spanish, I will translate the part where they explain why that started doing this.

Algunas de las hermanas Bellido Durán (Alba, María, Flor, Estel, Victoria, Patricia y Montserrat) prometieron a la Virgen, a Jesús, que si su madre, María Durán de Bellido (la fundadora de Catholicos Online), sanaba del tumor maligno, harían un grupo musical para venerar a la Virgen María y propagar la fe cristiana católica, y María Durán de Bellido prometió a la Virgen que las ayudaría a conseguir hacer este grupo musical, para Gloria de Dios. María Durán de Bellido pasó muy bien la operación y se curó, por eso aquí tenéis la promesa cumplida", explican en su página.

Translation:

"Some of the Bellido Duran sisters (Alba, María, Flor, Estel, Victoria, Patricia y Montserrat) promise to the Virgin Mary, and Jesus that if their mother, María Durán de Bellido (the founder of Catholicos Online), would heal of her malign tumor, they would make a music group and will cherish the Virgin Mary and spread the Christian catholic faith. María Durán de Bellido promise the Virgen Mary that she would help the girls make the music group, for the glory of God. María Durán de Bellido operation went very well and she was healed, there you have the promise was made, they explain on their website."

Soooooo they basically think the Virgin Mary and Jesus heal their mother? Oh, so modern medicine gets no credit here? :angry-banghead:

Every single person who gives all the credit to God and Jesus need to stop using medical science and see if they heal or die. What the fuck made these girls promise a singing group when they can't sing? Why not a ministry or something they could do?

Is it the awkward translation, or do none of these lyrics make sense?

I do speak Spanish, but I can't keep up with those who speak it fast, and I refuse to listen to this song over and over again to try and pick out the lyrics. Could somebody who has a better command of the Spanish language than I do please tell us if the lyrics are really as bad as the English translation makes them out to be, or if their translator just needs to be fired.

Agree on the tone deaf, they can NOT sing. Well, some of them don't sound half bad, just might need some training. Some of the others... The Lord did say make a joyful NOISE, but he did not say go and make a CD of it.

The subtitles are accurate. I had to listen to that part about the sandwich a few times to make sure I wasn't overhearing a word.

i dont know the lyrics are ridiculous in spanish too, but maybe the translation is not the best either, now they have a song in english so no need of subtitles there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BanptyfT ... DEOlZX2c8A

Dear lord. :shock: No need for subtitles? This video is worse than the rest of them. English is my first language and best subject, but half the time, I had no idea what they were saying.

Also, it's like they picked the two most off-key sisters of the bunch and put them together. Horrendous.

I did get a good laugh out of them this morning. Here, from what I can decipher, are some of the lyrics. It is obvious they used google translate instead of a real person for this song, but I can mostly understand some of it.

Don't worry (repeat a lot)

Live your days...

I will forgive always

That's the chorus Anyway, have to go to work now, but I can do more later.

I did get a good laugh out of them this morning. Here, from what I can decipher, are some of the lyrics. It is obvious they used google translate instead of a real person for this song, but I can mostly understand some of it.

Don't worry (repeat a lot)

Live your days...

I will forgive always

That's the chorus Anyway, have to go to work now, but I can do more later.

Oh look, they have a lyrics-only version!

youtube.com/watch?v=YYujFTm4RgM&list=UUhxGMiVDMz-7hDEOlZX2c8A

This last one is my fav! XD

x2. The flat notes, the pouffy red prom dress, the "dancing," the bizarre translation... it's pure gold.

Does it exist a spanish catholic family without a girl called Montserrat ?!

Montserrat is a catalan Virgin name, and the family in the videos is from Catalonia, maybe is a popular name there in the catholic families, the only person i know with that name is Montserrat Caballé (she is also from there) but im not from catalonia so idek.

Archived