IGNORED

Seven sisters catholic musical group going viral

Diana

0.jpg

The group name is Flos Mariae and their songs are the most hilarious thing, their song Amen is going viral in Spain and you only need to watch the video to understand why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vIqUDb00o8

After watching this you probably thinking that its too funny to be real, this has to be a joke or a advertising campaign.. but aparently they are a real family of 16 siblings all very Catholic Apostolic and Roman, the parents have this website(catholicosonline.com/) and there are videos of them on youtube from years ago, like this one(yes they also have a web called catholicslovefriendship for single catholics with vocation to holy matrimony): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFG1DVXOEkM

This is the about us setion of their group page: flosmariae.com/quienes_somos/index.html

"Some of the Bellido Durán sisters(Alba, María, Flor, Estel, Victoria, Patricia y Montserrat) promised to the Virgin, to Jesús, that if their mother, María Durán de Bellido (founder of Catholicos Online), healed of a malignant tumour, they would do a musical group to venerate the Virgin Mary and spread the Christian Catholic faith, and María Durán de Bellido promised to the Virgin that she would help them to make this musical group, for the Glory of God. María Durán de Bellido has a good operation and was healed, for that reason here you have the fulfilled promise. "

Thats not their only song, they have more, and all are ridiculous! You can watch them on their channel, because they also post all their songs with english subtitles. Here some examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t5Nch4XKOk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFXCFlCT5uI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqOo0wUiko4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLbqLi8ZdA8

And thats not all! we will have new Flos Mariae songs for a lot of time because: "FLOS MARIAE is a musical group formed because of devotion and a promise to the Virgin Mary, mother of God, and not because of vocation to be singers, although they like singing and they make an effort to give the best to God; FLOS MARIAE will not do any tour or public performances.""FLOS MARIAE launch in january 2.014 their first CD with 21 songs. Every song will be published every 3 days. Next CDs songs will be published one every week." "FLOS MARIAE has a lot to thank to God, for the intercession of the kindly Virgin Mary, Mother of God, and they are going to fulfill their promise, whereby, they will accompany you weekly for a lot of years, God willing."

Whoah. For a minute there, I was like "The seven sisters converted to Catholicism? Have I stumbled into an alternate universe? How do I get back? This is really, really, wrong." :lol:

Whoah. For a minute there, I was like "The seven sisters converted to Catholicism? Have I stumbled into an alternate universe? How do I get back? This is really, really, wrong." :lol:

oh i forgot that there are other fundy seven sisters famous here already haha maybe i should change the title?

The girl in the centre looks like Lorde... But not much resemblance other than physical.

That was....something. So they really aren't joking with this?

I like todos tuus Maria even better. Where did they get all those wedding dresses? I also liked the comments- "best thing I have seen, you are like the spice girls of the church!"

Lovely hair - beautiful prom dresses - horrible song - average voices - and the saddest most apathetic facial expressions I have ever seen. Every video & picture feels like they should be mouthing "Help Me!"

WOW! They are like The Corrs on crack.

Hey! At least they are actually singing unlike our recent Raquel band :lol:

WOW! They are like The Corrs on crack.

Hey! At least they are actually singing unlike our recent Raquel band :lol:

But do they have an intro video, band colors, mugs, and started a tweet trend?! Raquel knows what is important!

In the song Amen, the English subtitles say:

As a slice of cheese prisoner in a sandwich you feel restless between the doubt and the fear and you scream "I can't."

Is there something getting lost in translation because "a slice of cheese prisoner in a sandwich" makes no sense. :lol:

But do they have an intro video, band colors, mugs, and started a tweet trend?! Raquel knows what is important!

As a slice of cheese prisoner in a sandwich you feel restless between the doubt and the fear and you scream "I can't."

Is there something getting lost in translation because "a slice of cheese prisoner in a sandwich" makes no sense. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I think it SHOULD read as

'As a slice of cheese is prisoner in a sandwich you feel restless between the doubt and the fear and you scream. I can't.'

Though would make more sense as

'As a slice of cheese is prisoner in a sandwich you feel restless between the mustard and the ham and you scream 'Where's the MAYO!'

I couldn't listen to the entire video. Does the slice of cheese ever break free from its prison of bread?

Gosh, a coworker sent me a link to listen to this group a few days ago, and we spent lunch break laughing about this! If it helps, I am a native spaniard, and I have huge problems understanding them. The lyrics don´t make much sense, regardless the language. So the translation might, in fact, be right.

:lol: :lol:

I think it SHOULD read as

'As a slice of cheese is prisoner in a sandwich you feel restless between the doubt and the fear and you scream. I can't.'

Though would make more sense as

'As a slice of cheese is prisoner in a sandwich you feel restless between the mustard and the ham and you scream 'Where's the MAYO!'

That makes much more sense. I was trying to figure out if "slice of cheese prisoner" was some sort of regional saying. If you google that you get prison menus. :lol:

I can't decide what's worst:

-The complete lack of singing ability on the part of every single girl

-Their weird frozen expressions while not singing

-The insane outfits (especially in that "purity" video")

-The nearly incomprehensible lyrics

-The way they just stand in a row like that

-The fact that they are serious

I could only watch thirty seconds of that before I had to stop, because the singing was that off-key. The little bit I watched was painful, and I'm going to detox by listening to some opera.

Thats a good translation of the lyrics "como una loncha de queso en un sandwich preso" i think they tried a metaphor there...and yes, in spanish sounds hilarious too.. :lol:

Hey there! These girls are from a city near mine. Yes they are real. They're becoming freak-celebrities. We have very few catholic fundies here so it's fun to snark about national ones.

The family also has a bridal dress business. The most tacky bridal dresses I've ever seen!

The little one needs to stop bobbing her head. It is really annoying and distracting.

I turned this on and forgot that I had unplugged my headphones. My (very tone deaf) husband came in and was all 'Wtf are you listening to? Even I can sing better than they can'.

So yeah, if my tone deaf husband thinks you can't sing, you have some serious issues.

I can't decide what's worst:

-The complete lack of singing ability on the part of every single girl

-Their weird frozen expressions while not singing

-The insane outfits (especially in that "purity" video")

-The nearly incomprehensible lyrics

-The way they just stand in a row like that

-The fact that they are serious

I vote the frozen expressions :lol: So creepy!

Just pretty much everything is wrong with this though.

Hey there! These girls are from a city near mine. Yes they are real. They're becoming freak-celebrities. We have very few catholic fundies here so it's fun to snark about national ones.

The family also has a bridal dress business. The most tacky bridal dresses I've ever seen!

thats explains the outfits!

The girl in the centre looks like Lorde... But not much resemblance other than physical.

lol, that was my first thought.

lavanguardia.com/gente/20140228/54401858487/flos-mariae.html

*La Vanguardia is huge news site*

This news is in spanish, I will translate the part where they explain why that started doing this.

Algunas de las hermanas Bellido Durán (Alba, María, Flor, Estel, Victoria, Patricia y Montserrat) prometieron a la Virgen, a Jesús, que si su madre, María Durán de Bellido (la fundadora de Catholicos Online), sanaba del tumor maligno, harían un grupo musical para venerar a la Virgen María y propagar la fe cristiana católica, y María Durán de Bellido prometió a la Virgen que las ayudaría a conseguir hacer este grupo musical, para Gloria de Dios. María Durán de Bellido pasó muy bien la operación y se curó, por eso aquí tenéis la promesa cumplida", explican en su página.

Translation:

"Some of the Bellido Duran sisters (Alba, María, Flor, Estel, Victoria, Patricia y Montserrat) promise to the Virgin Mary, and Jesus that if their mother, María Durán de Bellido (the founder of Catholicos Online), would heal of her malign tumor, they would make a music group and will cherish the Virgin Mary and spread the Christian catholic faith. María Durán de Bellido promise the Virgen Mary that she would help the girls make the music group, for the glory of God. María Durán de Bellido operation went very well and she was healed, there you have the promise was made, they explain on their website."

Soooooo they basically think the Virgin Mary and Jesus heal their mother? Oh, so modern medicine gets no credit here? :angry-banghead:

Archived