IGNORED

Kristina has a new blog post up

library_youth

I wonder about her brother. Was his education any better than she and her sister's education? Was he catered to since he was a boy while the girls were pushed off onto the sideline? I feel sorry for him if he got the same crap that the girls were fed. It'll be hard to support a family if you can't get a decent job.

I wonder why fundies run around spouting off the ridiculousness that girls don't need to be educated when it is women who educate the next generation of men. Not very bright on their part.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn I do that when I am not pregnant. i regularly get lost in thoughts and attempt to wash with conditioner or condition my hair with shavin cream.

And I have brushed my teeth with neosporin no less than three times this year. (I have a big tube that looks like a travel size toothpaste tube to my distracted brain)

Clearly, I am an idiot. But I have embraced it...I am not trying to tell people the one true way to live.

I used to brush with Neosporin. I moved it into another drawer, far away from the toothpaste. That stuff tastes horrible.

*edited to add a few words I left out.

Guest Anonymous

Word.

Yup.

Also, people who write "defiantly" instead of "definitely" make me wanna smash some break-y stuff. I get so tempted to be all, "Oh, you defiantly had too much to drink last night? To whom was your defiance aimed, and were they appropriately outraged by your rebelliousness?"

GAAAAAH.

I actually do feel sorry for her, especially now that I learned that she has fibromyalgia.

I think it takes an incredible amount of courage, determination and strength to break away from any cult or cult-like movements. Kristina was brought up in this environment, her family and probably all of her friends are fundies and she has no education and probably no money.

It's not easy to just leave all that and be on your own, especially if she has a disease that makes it impossible for her to work.

I went through a burn out depression a few years ago and found myself in a situation where I could do nothing but rely on my closest family. No way that I would have had the energy to break away from them and start a life on my own, with no money, no support and no possibility to hold a job.

Yes, I do feel sorry for her.

I wonder about her brother. Was his education any better than she and her sister's education? Was he catered to since he was a boy while the girls were pushed off onto the sideline? I feel sorry for him if he got the same crap that the girls were fed. It'll be hard to support a family if you can't get a decent job.

I wonder why fundies run around spouting off the ridiculousness that girls don't need to be educated when it is women who educate the next generation of men. Not very bright on their part.

He did flounder for a while. I don't know what kind of education he got, but he apparently had a rebellious period but 'came back to god'. When he first got married he went through a bunch of different jobs and times when they were broke because of no job. His wife used to blog and said as much. His mom recently said that he just graduated from the police academy though, so maybe his floundering days are over and he'll be able to support his family?

I actually do feel sorry for her, especially now that I learned that she has fibromyalgia.

I think it takes an incredible amount of courage, determination and strength to break away from any cult or cult-like movements. Kristina was brought up in this environment, her family and probably all of her friends are fundies and she has no education and probably no money.

It's not easy to just leave all that and be on your own, especially if she has a disease that makes it impossible for her to work.

I went through a burn out depression a few years ago and found myself in a situation where I could do nothing but rely on my closest family. No way that I would have had the energy to break away from them and start a life on my own, with no money, no support and no possibility to hold a job.

Yes, I do feel sorry for her.

I see what you're saying, but I have to (mostly) disagree. My sympathy for the previous generation of children who were raised in teh crazy dies when they inflict it upon a new generation of children. And what she could do, without breaking away altogether, is make a decision on her own to take birth control pills. If anyone outside the family was gauche enough to ask about the lack of new pregnancies, she could simply say that her doctor said that she might have complications getting pregnant again due to her physical ailments.

She very well may kill herself in short order if she doesn't do something. And while that would be sad for her, it would mostly be sad for the horde of children she left behind to be raised by her daughter.

I see what you're saying, but I have to (mostly) disagree. My sympathy for the previous generation of children who were raised in teh crazy dies when they inflict it upon a new generation of children. And what she could do, without breaking away altogether, is make a decision on her own to take birth control pills. If anyone outside the family was gauche enough to ask about the lack of new pregnancies, she could simply say that her doctor said that she might have complications getting pregnant again due to her physical ailments.

She very well may kill herself in short order if she doesn't do something. And while that would be sad for her, it would mostly be sad for the horde of children she left behind to be raised by her daughter.

Yes agreed.

Kristina has non-fundie relatives. Acually, in pictures it looks like her family is the only one fundie. Her sister left when she was 18 and lived with an aunt or somebody who helped her get a job and I think to go to college for a bit before she got pregnant. So it isn't like she is completely cut off from all normal people or people that would help her if she chose to leave that lifestyle. I also wonder if her parents used some sort of birth control because they only had three kids.

Kristina has non-fundie relatives. Acually, in pictures it looks like her family is the only one fundie. Her sister left when she was 18 and lived with an aunt or somebody who helped her get a job and I think to go to college for a bit before she got pregnant. So it isn't like she is completely cut off from all normal people or people that would help her if she chose to leave that lifestyle. I also wonder if her parents used some sort of birth control because they only had three kids.

I thought her sister came back to the pond and just got married with some guy, fundy-way...?

I thought her sister came back to the pond and just got married with some guy, fundy-way...?

She did, but clearly she has extended family.

The worst thing is the sister getting pregnancy sort of proved their point about the dangers and evils of the world.

I thought there was something on Kristina's mother's blog about her mother and father (or maybe step father??) being saved?

I think the other family are Christians, just normal ones who wear jeans, date, go to college, and get jobs. Her post about her never going to work was in response to a relative questioning her. I don't remember reading how her family turned fundie.

We're not talking about an uncommonly used or difficult to spell word, such as schadenfreude.

Marry me?

I LOVE the experience of schadenfreude. It's so naughty.... but so goooooooooood.....

IIRC, it was Kristina herself who first went fundy and her family followed.

Nope. Her parents separated in like 1994 or something and when the reconciled they became fundies. They went to church before but the became more "active" and eventually the "6 in rule" showed up. She is just a product of her environment.

I hate snarking on her - she is one of the few that is not completely drunk on kool aid and thinks for herself. Plus, she had the guts to come on here and talk to us, instead of just pick fights like some of the others. She may be pushing herself with these babies and I hope she lets her body get a rest but she seems happy otherwise. This is all she knows - let her be happy. I truly believe she is not brainwashed like a lot of the others. Heck! She even bought the Pearl book to read it and blogged her thoughts. In the end she disagreed with most of it - she is different the most of the other stale ladies we are reading.

Really? She thinks for herself? She totally ignored and refused to respond to posts that proved that the Bible didn't say what she had been taught to say. And then there was the whole "women working is a sin, except I only want to see women doctors." thing that she flat out said she wouldn't address.

This is all she knows - let her be happy.

I'm not stopping her. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that my poor opinion of her should affect her happiness in any way.

I'm not stopping her. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that my poor opinion of her should affect her happiness in any way.

And who knows, she might be even happier if she knew more. And plus, how can she be thinking for herself and not drinking the kool-aid if this is all she knows?

She is just a product of her environment.

Aren't they all?

I refuse to swallow the koolaid that we should leave certain pet fundies alone. This. Is. A. Snark. Site.

And who knows, she might be even happier if she knew more. And plus, how can she be thinking for herself and not drinking the kool-aid if this is all she knows?

yes! And she knows that the day she'll be so exhausted with her 3 kids under 18 months she can come here and find people who will be understanding than rather say "you are so blessed" "god would not give you what you can't handle" and other BS

Kristina is a product of her own making. She knew enough to come here, but refuses to learn anything for us (or anyone else for that matter). She purposefully keeps herself ignorant on some misguided notion that education is worthless for women. I will not pat her on the head and say, "Awwwww...". I will however tell her she needs to pull her head out of her ass and grow up.

What irritates me the most about Kristina is that she expects everyone else to take care of her instead of standing up and taking care of herself. We've warned her about life's potential travesties and yet, should something unfortunate happen to her husband, she just expects everyone else to take care of her and however many children she has at that point. She and her husband are on WIC because they can't afford the child they have and yet she gets pregnant again and just expects the tax payers to dole out the money it will cost to feed and diaper them. She's a moocher who tries to disguise it as faithfulness. I'm not fooled.

Marry me?

I LOVE the experience of schadenfreude. It's so naughty.... but so goooooooooood.....

Consider us courting. 6 inch rule until our Arby's date.

She and her husband are on WIC because they can't afford the child they have and yet she gets pregnant again and just expects the tax payers to dole out the money it will cost to feed and diaper them. She's a moocher who tries to disguise it as faithfulness. I'm not fooled.

I didn't know they were on WIC. Did she say that somewhere on her blog? I thought fundies were all vehemently opposed to WIC and food stamps from the evil gubmint. Or maybe that was just Emily of Under1000.

Archived