IGNORED

Lori Alexander: Valentine's Day Causes Divorce

Okay, I am looking at her blog and she says she came close to anorexia.

Their other daughter said:

When you read the words of these young women you start to get the full scope of the effect Lori's weight obsession really had on them. :( Honestly, I have a daughter myself, and it would rip my heart out if I thought she felt so badly about herself. We have worked very hard to teach her that what's on the outside doesn't matter. I can't imagine that Lori posted what she did knowing what her girls went through.

She wrote an entire post on dealing with a daughters weight:

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/06/dealing-with-daughters-weight.html#idc-container

On my daughter's very first doctor's appointment after she was born, the pediatrician told me to never talk about my weight in front of her, not even to my friends in passing. When I asked him why, he said that he saw anorexia in girls even before they were teenagers. He said that girls listen to their mothers talk about their bodies and they pick up the positives as well as the negatives. He also said that if my daughter says anything negative about her weight, to tell her that she is beautiful and there is nothing to worry about. He said not to force food, and to teach them to stop eating when they were full and to listen to their bodies. He said that he had this speech with everyone who brings in their baby girl on her first pediatrician visit. There were times growing up when my daughter said that her legs were too chunky and I'd tell her that she had the most beautiful legs I ever saw in my life. I followed all the doctor's advice and it worked well. None of my kids have weight issues. They eat like horses but they aren't overweight. They stop when they are full and they eat healthy. Never did I force them to eat anything they didn't want to eat. But what did the doctor know. He was Jewish. Lori was a good Christian mother and she knew better, which is why she got better results than I did.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was wondering the same thing. Salad for dinner every night seems very off kilter and extreme to me. I am also wondering how both Lori and her daughter got parasites. I am not saying it didn't happen, I am just kind of :oops: because I didn't know it was such a thing, and if it is I'd like to avoid it :shock:

I don't know how old you are, but when I was little, they called it "the worms." No one knew exactly what the worms were, but they knew when you had it. "Little Suzie has bad stomach pains." "UHOH SHE HAS THE WORMS!" "Little Suzie has a fever." "OH NO, IT'S PROBABLY THE WORMS!" Those freaking worms were the diagnosis to every symptom that someone had. Of course I would freak out, because I pictured worms crawling in my body. I can't be the only person in my age group who remembers the dreaded worms.

Yes, my understanding is that the phrase was a "help meet for him" where help = appropriate. Here's what dictionary.com has to say: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/helpmeet

no no, it's meet = appropriate

Let us give thanks to the Lord our God

It is meet and right so to do

It is very meet, right and our bounden duty at all times and in all places....

And this "Between the milk allergy, stomach problems, low energy, prone to fainting/face-planting, anemia, and my mom forcing me to eat my salad when I was young {stubbornly, I would sit at the the table for over two hours a night refusing to eat my salad}, I am where I am at today." They fucked up her eating to the point where it affected her brain. It caused her to be on the verge of anorexia. Good going Lori. That has mother of the year written all over it. Oh yeah, great ministry Lori has there. It's the "counsel women to produce anorexic children" ministry.

Add the spanking and voila excellent parental skills!! Lori must be so proud!!

blogspot.nl/2012/07/preventing-picky-eaters.html

I'm just commenting to let Ken know that I'm a born again Christian who attends a Southern Baptist church and has even functioned as a Sunday School teacher for high school kids. Yet I believe in evolution and that the culture in which Scripture was written should be taken into account when interpreting it for use in everyday life.

Believe in evolution?! You shall be in hell with the rest of us*. But if you believed in marital rape you would be good to go. Evolution bothers God. Raping your spouse, not that big of a deal to Him.

*Don't worry. We have s'mores and Latraviata will teach us how to smock.

Believe in evolution?! You shall be in hell with the rest of us*. But if you believed in marital rape you would be good to go. Evolution bothers God. Raping your spouse, not that big of a deal to Him.

*Don't worry. We have s'mores and Latraviata will teach us how to smock.

Yes a tribal society in the desert.

Jesus wore smocked pants, ask PP.

I think this interaction between Lori and one of her blog readers was interesting. It stuck out to me, and I thought of it immediately when I read that Lori's daughters both struggled with body image.

This was on The Truth About Men post where the take home message was lose weight and stop being a bitch if you someone to marry you. Anyway, this is what one of her readers said:

This is shaming women as opposed to helping them.

Lori replied:

Is shame always a bad thing???

It leads me to wonder if she applied this logic when "confronting" her daughters about their weight.

Link:

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-truth-about-men.html

The good news for Ken is that I have other things to do today, so this will be my last time slandering him via quote for at least a few hours :roll:

Anyway, I don't know if anyone has been following the interaction between a reader named "Courtney" and Ken and Lori. Ken responds to many of her posts and has gone as far as to invite her and her husband to lunch if they are ever out in California. Lori tends to get sharp with her, but Ken is always very pleasant. In any case, I was looking at the above mentioned post and found these comments by Ken.

Ken Alexander:

Courtney that is unfair to say!

I just looked at you and your husband on your blog and your are an ideal model of femininity.

A woman can wear these things and be feminine, but many who wear them are doing so to look masculine, or at least not feminine.

Your face and smile makes it look like you could wear a potato sack and still look feminine, even with short hair. But I do think you would look better with longer hair maybe to the shoulders .... but my opinion doesn’t count if your man likes it short. He is the one you are pleasing :).

:evil-eye: I am struggling with the idea that this 55 grandfather is telling this woman exactly how he thinks she should have her hair cut. It just kind of creeped me out.

Then I looked further up in the comments of the same post and found the following:

Ken Alexander

I may be late to this conversation, but I can tell you that if a woman is covered up, without cleavage showing or dress not too short, I have zero "0" issues with my eyes, my mind and my heart. Even if it is a bit showy I have zero issues.

What is really hard to fight against for a godly guy, so probably all guys is when a peek of forbidden fruit is showing.

He went on to say:

Stop giving men a peek is what needs to be taught...

For me I don't need all women all covered up. I want to see attractive legs, and shoulders, but how much leg and shoulder becomes an issue.

Don't worry about every single man. Adorn yourself with modesty. If 1/8th of your breast on each side is showing is that modest? What about a 1/4 of your breast? You decide on modesty and ask your husband and father what they think. Somewhere between the 1/8th and 1/4th I think modesty s lost, but best no cleavage. And dresses a couple pr few inches above the know can look great!

God calls women to be modest to help insure they are not a temptation to men.

The good news for Ken is that I have other things to do today, so this will be my last time slandering him via quote for at least a few hours :roll:

Anyway, I don't know if anyone has been following the interaction between a reader named "Courtney" and Ken and Lori. Ken responds to many of her posts and has gone as far as to invite her and her husband to lunch if they are ever out in California. Lori tends to get sharp with her, but Ken is always very pleasant. In any case, I was looking at the above mentioned post and found these comments by Ken.

Ken Alexander:

:evil-eye: I am struggling with the idea that this 55 grandfather is telling this woman exactly how he thinks she should have her hair cut. It just kind of creeped me out.

Then I looked further up in the comments of the same post and found the following:

Ken Alexander

He went on to say:

Jesus!!! My jaw is on the floor!

Ken replying to a blog reader in the above mentioned post:

As you know your last comments were deleted because they were untrue, unkind and uncalled for. It is interesting to see you throw stones and then do exactly what you accuse Lori of, not being compassionate.

You clearly state that you had body issues growing up, and yes, many girls and guys do. Lori's post is very specific in speaking to the "heavy and out of shape." Many body types exist and it is up to each person to determine what healthy living looks like for themselves.

It seems that you are asking for compassion from Lori in recognizing that you and many other women had/have body issues... and she will take it under consideration. But recognize that much of what you may be offended by may be your own past insecurities. Don't put all your feelings on Lori and this one post she wrote with the intent to be motivational, not demeaning. You have her all wrong on this

It blows my mind that while he was typing all of this he had 2 daughters with blogs describing battling body image issues. Absolutely blows my mind.

I am not sure which comments by this particular reader were deleted, but I do know that one commenter said something about the way their daughters dress and Ken of course chimed in to defend them while conceding that sometimes they dressed in a way he described as "Christian risque" :evil-eye: :evil-eye: Lori got on and promptly deleted the whole shebang.

Ken replying to a blog reader in the above mentioned post:

It blows my mind that while he was typing all of this he had 2 daughters with blogs describing battling body image issues. Absolutely blows my mind.

I am not sure which comments by this particular reader were deleted, but I do know that one commenter said something about the way their daughters dress and Ken of course chimed in to defend them while conceding that sometimes they dressed in a way he described as "Christian risque" :evil-eye: :evil-eye: Lori got on and promptly deleted the whole shebang.

Koala, the Alexanders are charlatans.

Archived