IGNORED

MERGE Kirk Cameron Movie: Mercy Rule/ Kirk Mad at Grammy's

DomWackTroll

OK, I went back to the site and hit a treasure trove....

There is a Study Guide for this movie... of course, all the great movies had one (Casablanca was more or less propaganda... did it have one? ANd who can forget the study guides that came with Gone with the Wind, The Godfather and the Original Star Wars!

Until these guys can release a movie to the theaters that makes millions and does not have a study guide, they will not have dominion of Entertainment.... just saying. Learning that Dante (from their shirts) is a scrapyard

Here is the study guide link ://downloads.mercyrulemovie.com/studyguide.pdf

and the movie web page that offers the link. mercyrulemovie.com/

and here is one of my favorite parts of the study guide, because they actually tell you who the bad guy is in the conversation, in case watching the movie (because I assume most peoplewho use the study guide will use it after they see the movie) might not make it clear enough who is bad and who is good.... I did NOT add the parens.

Eco-lobbyist (bad guy): “How much of your operating budget comes from

subsidies- state, local, federal?â€

Ben: “Zero. Zip. Zippidy. Nada. We make our own way, like God and George

Washington intended.â€

How is Ben’s thinking about the way to run a business different from how many

other people think about the government’s “help�

Many people today have been taught that they are entitled to free money

and deserve government handouts at every turn. Pops came to America as an

immigrant without a penny to his name. He built Dante Scrapyards from scratch

and passed it on to his boys. With a work ethic that mirrored their dad’s, the

boys worked hard and earned their own keep. They never expected or asked for

anything from the government. They built something that brought industry and

prosperity to their family and their city. God made men free to pursue honest,

hard work and the Founding Fathers formed a government to protect these rights.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am almost as annoyed at the misuse of the word "bigot" as I am at the overuse of the phrase "slut-shaming." Jeebus, people, you are not doing the religious homeschool movement (to clarify: not MOST homeschoolers, just the legalistic ones we harp on here) any favors by showcasing your inability to use a dictionary or ignorance of basic Constitutional history.

I identify as a secular humanist, and if pressed I would say I have atheistic leanings. However, I do NOT hate Christianity as a whole. When Mormons come to my door, I do not take it as an opportunity to tear down their beliefs. I don't go out of my way to deface churches, delight in (most) crises of faith (unless that faith was obviously harming the person, aka Duggar "family values"), or insult those who follow religion. The only time I really bring up the subject is here, because FJ is a safe space for snarking, or if I see religion being used politically to control people. I think most FJers follow the same guidelines. How does that compare to rabid and vociferous contempt for same sex marriage?

Aaaaaah, my new favorite thing is adding "the way God and George Washington intended."

As in, "Honey, we are having burritos tonight, the way God and George Washington intended!"

And maybe then some mutually satisfying sex later, the way John and Abigail Adams intended.

How did you like the Grammy's all out assault on the traditional family? As a husband and father, I am proud to announce the release of my new family movie, MERCY RULE. Last night, the lines were drawn thick and dark. Now more than ever, we must work together to create the world we want for our children.

I know the world I want my child to grow up in, and it sure as shit doesn’t look like Kirk’s. Thank god. Speaking of – God’s got an entire universe to deal with. I’m pretty sure he isn’t focusing on one planet, and he’s even more unlikely to be micromanaging the sex lives of the creatures on it. That said, if God ever does get frustrated enough to come down and slap someone upside the head, it’s going to be the one who instigated the fight (I’m looking at you Kirk and crew).

"I've never seen such a display of intolerance, bigotry and hatred. #Grammys #antichristian," Fox News' Todd Starnes tweeted.

Hey! A little self awareness! Oh wait, you weren't talking about yourself... Shit.

"Heads up: Grammy telecast to feature sodomy-based wedding ceremonies," Bryan Fischer, of the American Family Association, wrote.

Yeah, and don’t you know half of his readers tuned in to the Grammys just to see if anyone really was actually having sex on stage. That’s the way this sentence made it sound anyway, so you know they were all hoping against hope that there would be some sort of anal orgy that they could simultaneously get off on and denigrate. It excites them. I think that the absolute normalcy of loving couples pledging themselves to be married really throws them and angers them further. These people could keep an entire battalion of psychiatrists busy for the next millennium. :roll:

WTF does "there's no quit in family" mean?

The expression "there is no I in team" came about because I is a letter.

"There's no crying in baseball" makes sense, because of the "ing" ending on the verb, and it is memorable because Tom Hanks was so obnoxious-yet-funny saying it in "A League of Their Own."

But "there's no quit in family?" :wtf:

Whoever came up with "there's no quit in family" had to have been on drugs, unless they played Scrabble with someone who tried to pass of "famquitily" as a word.

Thoughtful, "Famquitily" is a perfectly cromulent word.

Thoughtful, "Famquitily" is a perfectly cromulent word.

:lol:

Dad, is that you?

My father always tried to pass off totally fake words as real when playing Scrabble. I think it was his way of getting out of playing, since he was more of a card-game person than a word-game person.

:lol:

Dad, is that you?

My father always tried to pass off totally fake words as real when playing Scrabble. I think it was his way of getting out of playing, since he was more of a card-game person than a word-game person.

I stole that word from The Simpsons years ago and it's slowly worked it's way into regular rotation 8-) For the record, I do love me some Scrabble, but I'm the annoying rules-Nazi lovingly stroking a pocket dictionary whilst making intimidating eye-contact during other players' turns. Your dad would NOT want to tangle with me on the Scrabble board :lol:

The still photo looks like it's from a horror movie. What's with the camera angle and pissed off expressions? I'm going to have nightmares of Kirk standing over me with a baseball bat.

The trailer is like a really long Cheerios commercial. But lamer.

Mercy Rule sounds like it could be the title of a gay leather daddy BDSM movie. That trailer was awful.

Thirty-three couples might have had the greatest night ever when they got married at the 2014 Grammy Awards, but actor Kirk Cameron was not impressed.

The ceremony brought me to tears, and I'm a Jesus lover. Either Kirk Cameron and others like him don't "have Jesus in their hearts" (born again talk, but what do I know...I'm Catholic) or I don't. The ceremony moved me, which is probably considered the work of satan in the eyes of fundies. Not that I care what they think...just stating something. One of us is wrong. I really feel in my heart that it's not me. Just thinking aloud.

I really feel in my heart that it's not me. Just thinking aloud.

But they say the same thing in their hearts they feel you are wrong. thats the problem everyone thinks they are right.

WTF does "there's no quit in family" mean?

The expression "there is no I in team" came about because I is a letter.

"There's no crying in baseball" makes sense, because of the "ing" ending on the verb, and it is memorable because Tom Hanks was so obnoxious-yet-funny saying it in "A League of Their Own."

But "there's no quit in family?" :wtf:

Whoever came up with "there's no quit in family" had to have been on drugs, unless they played Scrabble with someone who tried to pass of "famquitily" as a word.

I am laughing way too hard at "famquitily." It may be because I've had more than two glasses of wine, but still.

I am laughing way too hard at "famquitily." It may be because I've had more than two glasses of wine, but still.

Isn't "famquitily the thing the Sister Wives give their kids right when they're about to leave for college? :D

I saw this YouTube funny or die video with child actors calling out kirk, it's pretty funny

I don't know if I'm doing the link right but it's

http://youtu.be/x0Tqde7OeZ8

Hahaha! This is the best thing I've seen in a long time. I'm on my third viewing of it right now.

Heads up: Grammy telecast to feature sodomy-based wedding ceremonies," Bryan Fischer, of the American Family Association, wrote.

I'm going to start referring to heterosexual marriages as "penis-vagina based wedding ceremonies" from now on!

I saw this YouTube funny or die video with child actors calling out kirk, it's pretty funny

I don't know if I'm doing the link right but it's

http://youtu.be/x0Tqde7OeZ8

This is the best thing I've seen in awhile! :lol:

Kirk definitely needs more CCOKC-Blocking in his life.

But they say the same thing in their hearts they feel you are wrong. thats the problem everyone thinks they are right.

That doesn't make a bit of difference. Anyone can say anything. It doesn't mean it's true. If a person's actions, heart, or mindset don't match up with their God's, then don't pay them any attention. When a Conservative Christian speaks out for the same things that Jesus spoke out for, then I will pay them some attention.

That doesn't make a bit of difference. Anyone can say anything. It doesn't mean it's true. If a person's actions, heart, or mindset don't match up with their God's, then don't pay them any attention. When a Conservative Christian speaks out for the same things that Jesus spoke out for, then I will pay them some attention.

in their heart they fully believe that this is what god wants and they are doing gods work. they will die for that belief even. we see the Taliban feeling this way. the heart is easy to fool and beliefs can't be verified by the believer so they can't really even check themselves.

in their heart they fully believe that this is what god wants and they are doing gods work. they will die for that belief even. we see the Taliban feeling this way. the heart is easy to fool and beliefs can't be verified by the believer so they can't really even check themselves.

I don't know what you're trying to say, or how it relates to what you quoted me saying.

This is the best thing I've seen in awhile! :lol:

Kirk definitely needs more CCOKC-Blocking in his life.

"I'm a CCOKC...and Kirk, you're just a dick." Love that line! :lol:

I'm friends on FB with a former teacher of mine that became a role model in so many ways when I was forced into attending a fundamental Baptist church and school growing up. She was the only person who quietly encouraged me to read new things by taking me to the local - not school- library, and to think outside the box my classmates and I had been sandwiched into. I was shocked to see her share on her wall the Kirk "Choo-Choo" Cameron post about Macklemoore, Madonna, Queen L and the weddings at the Grammys. She said he was a warrior for God. I keep telling myself that she's much older now and she might not be the same mentally now as she was back then. She also fell in love and married one of the deacons in the church, so I'm going to tell myself that he finally broke her down to build her back up in accordance to his beliefs. I have to believe that otherwise I might start crying. Damn, Mrs C., what did they do to you? :cry:

Archived