IGNORED

MERGE Kirk Cameron Movie: Mercy Rule/ Kirk Mad at Grammy's

DomWackTroll

mercyrulemovie.com/

Wife Chelsea co-stars. And guess who wrote the screenplay? Douglas Wilson's son, Nate.

ETA: Okay, I just watched the trailer again, and am I nuts or is there a sign above their kitchen sink that says DOMINION?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was about 9 or 10 when Growing Pains came in on TV. I had crush on Kirk Cameron. I regret that now. I am glad that my parents wouldn't give me the money to buy a Kirk Cameron poster at the school book fair. Even though their refusal sucked at the time. I am grateful now.

Nope, you're not nuts, the sign definitely says "Dominion." WTF?

I love how Kirk introduces the actors who are featured in the film. He's super-enthusiastic and asking if we "remember" these people from other work they've done. Me personally, I've never heard of any of them, save Cameron himself and his wife. But that could just be me. Also love him claiming that his last feature saved numerous marriages that were in danger of falling apart. Uh-huh, sure.

Kirk looks pretty rough here, like he's not sleeping enough and drinking too much coffee. He seems really jittery.

I love how Kirk introduces the actors who are featured in the film. He's super-enthusiastic and asking if we "remember" these people from other work they've done. Me personally, I've never heard of any of them, save Cameron himself and his wife. But that could just be me. Also love him claiming that his last feature saved numerous marriages that were in danger of falling apart. Uh-huh, sure.

Kirk looks pretty rough here, like he's not sleeping enough and drinking too much coffee. He seems really jittery.

I've never seen the movie or read the book (Fireproof) but a few people on line swear by whatever the book (love dare???) was that the movie promoted...but I am developing a theory on fundie marriages and that is that most of them truly suck, based on all the moaning and whining about marriage.

But I digress. He was also wearing a "Liberty" sweatshirt in the trailer, I'm guessing Liberty University??

And, Am I understanding the trailer right when he says he asked his million fans and they said "You should release this sucker direct to video."

I kept expecting him to wipe his nose on the back of his hand and say, "What? I'm fine, man. I'M FINE."

That seriously has to be one of the worst, disjointed movie trailers I have ever seen. What the heck is this movie even about?

Kirk, please just go away already. Please stop releasing crappy movies. Really. There are enough on instant Netflix without you constantly releasing more.

That seriously has to be one of the worst, disjointed movie trailers I have ever seen. What the heck is this movie even about?

I wondered that too. I also wondered if, other than his soliloquy , it was even a talkie, since we didn't hear any conversation, plot points or tempting tidbits about the movie in the trailer.

I wondered that too. I also wondered if, other than his soliloquy , it was even a talkie, since we didn't hear any conversation, plot points or tempting tidbits about the movie in the trailer.

Not sure. It is being presented as the "official movie trailer" per Kirk. He was even posting it via his Facebook while going on a rant about Macklemore and the Grammys and how the line as been drawn and how families are being attacked.....all the while promoting his dumb movie. It has all been deleted now, of course.

Kirk Cameron is his own worst enemy. He has yet to figure that out.

It would make more sense to release a movie on Valentine's Day about how women such as his sister should aspire to be more than submissive doormats and if they are in a romantic relationship with a man he should value them as a partner instead of releasing a film he encourages the family to watch together. I'm not a big fan of the Hallmark-ization of holidays but it is good for couples to have some romantic time away from any children they may have. Everything doesn't need to be a family event. Since Kirk Cameron is behind this I should not expect anything about it to make sense.

I kept expecting him to wipe his nose on the back of his hand and say, "What? I'm fine, man. I'M FINE."

I thought the same! If I didn't know better, I'd say he was on drugs.

As to the Liberty sweatshirt, I'm sure it was Liberty University. They helped him make his last film,Unstoppable, and when they showed the film at the theater he had a live intro at Liberty University that seemed to go on forever. But the crowd I saw the movie with (watching purely for research purposes) ate it up.

He also had a tour using the ideas from the Love Dare and Fireproof for couples to improve their marriages. I attended it over the summer (again research but this was really above and beyond the call of duty). The event ended with lots of men crying at the altar over their sins in their marriages. So I am assuming that is what he is talking about when he says that it saves marriages. The whole event was bizarre. He came off as completely full of himself. From what I could gather, most of the couples came at the wives' insistence in order to guilt the husbands into proper behavior. I'd be interested to see if any real changes occurred or if it was all just a public spectacle of remorse. I've never seen anything like it.

Also, in the smaller (and additional price) Q&A, Cameron made it seem like the press was out to get him for the Piers Morgan anti-gay comments and he was a martyr for the cause. This was received with applause.

I am going to take one for the team and watch the new one but will wait until I can get a used copy.

I hated the movie Fireproof. And yes, it was the big 'fad' in churches afterword. My question is this: If the book was so great for couples and the classes at church healed so many marriages, why don't you still hear about it? Why don't churches have these Fireproof seminars and classes year-round?

When Growing Pains was out and I was a teen, I trashed more Kirk posters, or occasionally switched them for River Phoenix (sign) I thought he was a smug ass, before he came out as some end all be all Christian solider. Then when I met people who knew him, they all said yup, he is a right ass. I never heard one person who had connections to him say he was a nice guy, instead everyone said he was a pretentious asshole. So any time he acts a right ass, I am never surprised. I am disappointed in his sister though, I heard she was nice, but always Christian, no matter what they all claim. I really hope his scandal days come soon, or more people just forget who the hell he is, and force him to be a greeter at Wal-mart or something. I really hate this bloke.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And here my mind went to something as innocent as caffeine for Kirk's jitters. Maybe he and Ray Comfort do more than peel bananas when they get together for their videos...

I already love my family so I don't need to see his movie on Valentines Day. I don't think my family would like me, though, if I forced them to endure that movie.

When Growing Pains was out and I was a teen, I trashed more Kirk posters, or occasionally switched them for River Phoenix (sign) I thought he was a smug ass, before he came out as some end all be all Christian solider. Then when I met people who knew him, they all said yup, he is a right ass. I never heard one person who had connections to him say he was a nice guy, instead everyone said he was a pretentious asshole. So any time he acts a right ass, I am never surprised. I am disappointed in his sister though, I heard she was nice, but always Christian, no matter what they all claim. I really hope his scandal days come soon, or more people just forget who the hell he is, and force him to be a greeter at Wal-mart or something. I really hate this bloke.

Women are expected to put up a nice front to advertise this lifestyle more than men I think. Just look at the difference between John and Jana Duggar. I've become suspicious of people like Candace being nice, I think it's all an act and in private she's just as much of a jerk as Kirk :shifty-kitty:

He is on a commercial for Liberty University. I also agree with the tweaking diagnosis. It is more than similar to the symptoms of peruvian marching powder.

Women are expected to put up a nice front to advertise this lifestyle more than men I think. Just look at the difference between John and Jana Duggar. I've become suspicious of people like Candace being nice, I think it's all an act and in private she's just as much of a jerk as Kirk :shifty-kitty:

I won't argue Candace isn't an ass now, but in her Full House days, when I knew people who knew her (all the friends were the same age as Candace or close in age), she was a nice, Christian girl, who at least could be friends with Mormons and Catholics, and could be fun to hang out with, even if it was very difficult because of her schedule as a working actress. But she was a kid then and not full blow bat crap crazy just yet.

As to the train rumors, no surprise at all! That park is full of "men seeking men for a casual encounter" locations. In fact I was once hanging out there with some gay friends and they pointed out the walking trails, you might chose to avoid in the post dusk pre dawn hours. Then they laughed and said whose kidding who, sometimes you'll stumble on something mid day. I swear I remember rumors that included Kirk back in that conversation too, but several names were brought up and most I forgot as this was about 10 years ago. It is a very common down low, anonymous gay sex location.

I've never seen the movie or read the book (Fireproof) but a few people on line swear by whatever the book (love dare???) was that the movie promoted...but I am developing a theory on fundie marriages and that is that most of them truly suck, based on all the moaning and whining about marriage.

But I digress. He was also wearing a "Liberty" sweatshirt in the trailer, I'm guessing Liberty University??

And, Am I understanding the trailer right when he says he asked his million fans and they said "You should release this sucker direct to video."

During our bad years in our marriage I read the book desperate for anything that would help. Some of the concepts were good, but it went to shit pretty badly. And I learned I can't have a good marriage if I don't get saved.

Ya that "trailer" gave absolutely no info beyond baseball.

Which is apparently only played by boys. It looked as if only boys were playing and the girls were sitting in the bleechers with their moms.

Archived