IGNORED

MERGE Kirk Cameron Movie: Mercy Rule/ Kirk Mad at Grammy's

DomWackTroll

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which is apparently only played by boys. It looked as if only boys were playing and the girls were sitting in the bleechers with their moms.

Of course the girls are sitting in the bleachers with their mothers...in fundie world...everyone knows that girls playing such games leads to all sorts of unspeakable things...like improved self esteem...leadership skill and possibly lesbianism.

I won't argue Candace isn't an ass now, but in her Full House days, when I knew people who knew her (all the friends were the same age as Candace or close in age), she was a nice, Christian girl, who at least could be friends with Mormons and Catholics, and could be fun to hang out with, even if it was very difficult because of her schedule as a working actress. But she was a kid then and not full blow bat crap crazy just yet.

As to the train rumors, no surprise at all! That park is full of "men seeking men for a casual encounter" locations. In fact I was once hanging out there with some gay friends and they pointed out the walking trails, you might chose to avoid in the post dusk pre dawn hours. Then they laughed and said whose kidding who, sometimes you'll stumble on something mid day. I swear I remember rumors that included Kirk back in that conversation too, but several names were brought up and most I forgot as this was about 10 years ago. It is a very common down low, anonymous gay sex location.

Cool, I love insider info! Did your friends know Kirk as well?

I believe what your friends said. I always thought she was adorable as a kid, such a shame.

WTF does "there's no quit in family" mean?

The expression "there is no I in team" came about because I is a letter.

"There's no crying in baseball" makes sense, because of the "ing" ending on the verb, and it is memorable because Tom Hanks was so obnoxious-yet-funny saying it in "A League of Their Own."

But "there's no quit in family?" :wtf:

Whoever came up with "there's no quit in family" had to have been on drugs, unless they played Scrabble with someone who tried to pass of "famquitily" as a word.

Whoever came up with "there's no quit in family" had to have been on drugs, unless they played Scrabble with someone who tried to pass of "famquitily" as a word.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well, Kirk does know the Duggars. That sounds like a stupid saying the Duggars would say. I could totally see Jim Bob in one of his talking head interviews with his stiff Lego hair saying "there's no quit in family."

That trailer was awful and of course Kirk is pimping out Liberty in the movie. Some Wal-Mart stores still sell that Love Dare book that is connected to Fireproof. On Christmas Eve, I drove to a small to pick up an elderly relative for a get together and she asked me to take her to Wal-Mart to buy some last minute gifts. We went into the book section and The Love Dare book was there. I wasn't really surprised because Wal-Mart has a history of heavily promoting Christian books and films.

When my brother and sister-in-law were having marriage troubles, my SIL was convinced that if her husband watched Fireproof and read Love Dare, everything would work out perfectly between them. Didn't work, and they are pretty much divorced now.

I didn't know Chick-fil-A had a song.

I didn't either. I knew who Tim Hawkins was from his hedge of protection comedy routine.

Cool, I love insider info! Did your friends know Kirk as well?

I believe what your friends said. I always thought she was adorable as a kid, such a shame.

I need to stay a little vague because of the old giving myself a bit too much away on the internet, but no they didn't know Kirk really well, some of the comments came from friends who worked in TV, and from the School he attended. The same with Candace many of the people I knew, knew her through her schooling as well. I went to a school not far from the one they attended out, which is how we crossed path.

When my brother and sister-in-law were having marriage troubles, my SIL was convinced that if her husband watched Fireproof and read Love Dare, everything would work out perfectly between them. Didn't work, and they are pretty much divorced now.

I watched fireproof with my husband also. He mocked it the whole time. And the divorce was the best thing that could happen to me :)

I thought fireproof was boring, but that's what I think of romance in general. My fundy lite friend, however, loved it.

The link to the tailed wouldn't work for me. What's this new movie supposed to be about?

I thought fireproof was boring, but that's what I think of romance in general. My fundy lite friend, however, loved it.

The link to the tailed wouldn't work for me. What's this new movie supposed to be about?

Nobody knows. Kirky said something about love, sacrifice, and good ol' fashioned Christian values that will bring the family closer together, then he proceeds to give us clips about boys playing baseball, which explains absolutely nothing at all.

then again what is he not offended about?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/2 ... 87607.html

Thirty-three couples might have had the greatest night ever when they got married at the 2014 Grammy Awards, but actor Kirk Cameron was not impressed.

On Sunday, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis performed their equal rights anthem "Same Love" alongside Mary Lambert and Madonna while Queen Latifah officiated the marriages of 33 couples, gay and straight. After the show, Cameron took to Facebook to air his grievances over the same-sex ceremonies, calling the display an "assault on the traditional family."

In the post -- which has since been deleted from his Facebook but saved in a screen grab by The Wrap -- Cameron wrote, in part:

How did you like the Grammy's all out assault on the traditional family? As a husband and father, I am proud to announce the release of my new family movie, MERCY RULE. Last night, the lines were drawn thick and dark. Now more than ever, we must work together to create the world we want for our children. I'm hoping that just as Fireproof restored marriages, MERCY RULE will strengthen families.

The post was, undoubtedly, a means of self-promotion for the 43-year-old's newest flick, "Mercy Rule," which co-stars his wife and is apparently about "family, faith and baseball." Self-promotion drenched in homophobia, that is.

Cameron was not the only one to voice his condemnation of the Grammys' mass wedding. Other conservatives took to Twitter, freaking out over the same-sex marriages taking place on live primetime television.

"Heads up: Grammy telecast to feature sodomy-based wedding ceremonies," Bryan Fischer, of the American Family Association, wrote.

"I've never seen such a display of intolerance, bigotry and hatred. #Grammys #antichristian," Fox News' Todd Starnes tweeted.

While spending so much time focusing on the "negative" aspects of Sunday's show, the haters probably missed the memo from Beyonce and Jay Z about how sexy a marriage can be.

I don't understand how someone else's marriage is an assault on yours? Actually, your politics are an assault on their families. They're not the ones trying to legislate how you live.

Look at the first paragraph. His main goal was to promote himself and his stupid movie. I am so tired of people like Cameron getting media time to trumpet their views about 'family'. The world I want for my children is far different from the bigoted one Cameron, Gothard, Robertson and Fischer want.

Nobody knows. Kirky said something about love, sacrifice, and good ol' fashioned Christian values that will bring the family closer together, then he proceeds to give us clips about boys playing baseball, which explains absolutely nothing at all.

Hmmm... the Arndts play baseball and have 'good ole fashioned Christian values'. They certainly are the eptiome of a close family. :penguin-no: :penguin-no: They constantly promote their views via the media. Think Papa Arndt and Kirk operate from the same playbook? :wink-penguin:

How did the ceremony promote bigotry and hatred?

Because it forced people like Cameron, Starnes, et al to post bigoted and hateful rants all over the interwebs?

How did the ceremony promote bigotry and hatred?

Because the Religious Right's main comeback to accusations that they are being hateful is still "I know you are but what am I?"

Look at the first paragraph. His main goal was to promote himself and his stupid movie. I am so tired of people like Cameron getting media time to trumpet their views about 'family'. The world I want for my children is far different from the bigoted one Cameron, Gothard, Robertson and Fischer want.

yep when your movies are so bad you have to do everything you can to promote it.

no clue how a gay marriage is an attack. but I get the feeling these idiots think people will start choosing gay marriage over regular marriage if they are given a choice. or some such drivel. So tired of christians thinking they own everything and can dictate how it is used and what it is.

I'm hoping that just as Fireproof restored marriages, MERCY RULE will strengthen families.

Seriously, Kirk? And just for the record, could you supply us with a list of people whose marriages your feeble film "restored"?

Crack is whack, Kirk, and so is your ridiculous assertion that a same-sex marriage ceremony uniting two people in love will somehow impede on your heterosexual, Christian lifestyle.

Crack is whack, Kirk, and so is your ridiculous assertion that a same-sex marriage ceremony uniting two people in love will somehow impede on your heterosexual, Christian lifestyle.

I think it is because he will not be able to get gay married and keep his image no matter how much he wants too.

Has anybody ever told him that at one point, him adopting biracial children was an "assault on the traditional family"? That his kids were looked at as subhuman, as abnormal, as not deserving *equal* rights?

Archived