IGNORED

The Chalk Family

Feberin

Anyone hear about the Chalk family? They're an Australian family that has had two sets of quads from fertility treatments. They're not fundie but they have twelve children aged ten and under. I'm not breaking any of the links because they're all news sources not private blogs or anything. I saw a documentary about them after they had their second set of quads and they really strike me as baby addicted. At least it seems they're being more careful about having higher order multiples or at least haven't had any since their second set of quads resulted in loosing one of the babies.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/today-tonight/ ... vf-mix-up/

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/an ... 6527695491

http://womansday.ninemsn.com.au/lifesty ... -to-school

Holy crap that's a lot of kids :o

Two sets of quads and twins, as well as a few single kids?????

I would lose.my.mind. Truly I would. :cray-cray:

One of the quads was lost in utero. Still, that's a lot of fucking kids so close together.

I couldn't tell why type of fertility treatments they used, besides sperm donation.

Imagine having that many 10 and under :o

They could have had eight kids under three at one point. Imagine how hard that would be :o That would be harder than fundie families, as someone with 12 kids with normal spacing of about two years (or even if someone was super fertile and conceived 2 months after the last baby most of the time) will at least have teenagers who are capable of watching the kids for a bit while the parents have a break, or can help out with chores, and can be unsupervised for a bit without putting fingers in plug sockets or spreading the contents of their diaper on the wall.

I am suspicious of the ultimate motives of this family. ALL of their kids were concevied through IVF and donor sperm. Now, they're suing because they had triplets instead of twins?

Imagine having that many 10 and under :o

They could have had eight kids under three at one point. Imagine how hard that would be :o That would be harder than fundie families, as someone with 12 kids with normal spacing of about two years (or even if someone was super fertile and conceived 2 months after the last baby most of the time) will at least have teenagers who are capable of watching the kids for a bit while the parents have a break, or can help out with chores, and can be unsupervised for a bit without putting fingers in plug sockets or spreading the contents of their diaper on the wall.

There is no way in hell I could deal with that.

Shelby, Emma, Ellie, Samuel, Joseph, Sarah, Alice and Matthew, Grace, Jackie, and.... Tiger Lily....

One of these things is not like the other...

Unless Tiger Lily is a common Australian name and I just dont know....

I am suspicious of the ultimate motives of this family. ALL of their kids were concevied through IVF and donor sperm. Now, they're suing because they had triplets instead of twins?

Same, and also, when did she have triplet girls as her quads turned triplets were two girls and boy with a girl who died. Were the twin girls originally triplets or something. And then they are suing the doctor/ I thought that was so weird too. People are getting a little too sue-happy anymore I think.

:embarrassed: I apparently fail reading comprehension!

The article is confusing on that aspect. I reread it and it's a real jump from lawsuit to this family.

Archived