IGNORED

What wil fundies do? Velveeta Shortage: 'Cheesepocalypse?'

Chowder Head

:shock: :pink-shock: NOOOnooooo what will the fundies do.. the casseroles. Velveeta is having shortage.

http://www.npr.org/2014/01/15/262738827 ... epocalypse

http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydish/l ... z2qbcQR9Hi

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/bus ... e/4358509/

cheesy rotellie dip noooo :lol:

Sodium citrate! It is the trick for turning any cheese into velveeta texture, and it works unnervingly well. We used this stuff in fondue recently, and it kept the cheese and the wine from separating.

http://sciencefare.org/2013/08/14/the-b ... modernist/

I use Velveeta to wrap my dogs' pills in. It works better than Pill Pockets and is cheaper, too. I sometimes use the bricks of Velveeta and sometimes the slices. In our house, plastic-wrapped cheese slices are called "dog cheese" because they were useful for getting a reluctant German shepherd into the house. The German shepherd has gone to the Rainbow Bridge now, but Velveeta is still good dog cheese.

I use Velveeta to wrap my dogs' pills in. It works better than Pill Pockets and is cheaper, too. I sometimes use the bricks of Velveeta and sometimes the slices. In our house, plastic-wrapped cheese slices are called "dog cheese" because they were useful for getting a reluctant German shepherd into the house. The German shepherd has gone to the Rainbow Bridge now, but Velveeta is still good dog cheese.

Spreadable cheese (like this stuff kaukaunacheese.com) was "Dog Cheese" in our house. That's how it appeared on the grocery list, too. You brought a smile to my face making me remember that, PennySycamore. Many thanks.

Velveeta is disgusting - except in a grilled cheese sandwich or in spicy chili dip. I would be refrain from these items (my fat cells would rejoice), but I would absolutely wait until I could get "name brand" Velveeta again.

My parents' dog gets cream cheese fashioned into pellets around his meds. Not my thing, but he loves it.

I can relate to that, but my "dog cheese" was the individually wrapped cheese product known as American cheese. Sometimes it actually was the Velveeta slices, other times, it was some store brand. Eventually, my dogs wouldn't notice if the pill was put in their canned food, so I didn't have to buy that cheese as much. Now, they're both at the Rainbow Bridge. Their glucosamine pills for arthritis was flavored, so that was easiest to give them.

• 2 weeks later...
Ive never had it or even seen anything made with it.

It's used in Rotel cheese dip. I imagine there was a lot of purchased for Sunday's game.

Happy to report the Velveeta shortage did not keep us from having Rotel dip for the Super Bowl. That is the only dish I use it for...although I will confess to making Anna's chickenetti recipe once for curiosity's sake. Never again...

Just because of this thread I picked up a packet of low fat velveeta in the store yesterday: 25% less fat than regular Velveeta. 60 calories per 1 oz. 60% less fat than cheddar cheese! Should we recommend it to the Duggars?

I put it back anyway. Velveeta is gross.

Our dogs get their pills with a dab of peanut butter, a dab of cream cheese or (their preference not mine) a generous squirt of Easy Cheese for the really big or bad tasting pills that they have learned to spit back at me.

Easy Cheese is probably even more disgusting than Velveeta! :animals-dogrun:

Archived