IGNORED

Hadessah Janna- Mahri - yep you heard that right

homeschoolmomma1

A lady I know through a friend had a baby this week and named her Hadessah Janna- Mahri

She is a fudie. They homeschool (so the teacher will not have problems with the name) that poor child will never live down that long name. Oh and the last name i am not giving away but it is sad to think THAT there is still a long last name to add :(

Hadassah (and variants of it) are not uncommon names to me, I know a few at least. It's up there with Sarah, Rachel, David and Zach for common Jewish names. The rest, oy.

Yes the Hadassaah isn't bad as long as it's not misspelled. I wonder if the "Mahri" is supposed to be pronounced "Ma-REE" (like Maria) or "MAH-ree"

Hmmmm. Never heard the name before, let alone know someone with the name, yet I've met numerous Sarahs, Rachels, Davids and Zachs...

Yeah, I disagree that it's as common as Sarah or Rachel. It's unique, but not nuts.

Yeah, I disagree that it's as common as Sarah or Rachel. It's unique, but not nuts.

Might be my area/background then, my family is mostly either conservative or orthodox/hasidim. It's the third most popular from camp from what I remember and I have two cousins with that name. It's honestly not my favorite, I'm a Leah fan, and yet can't think of anyone with that name.

I'm sure our Jewish FJ'ites will correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Hadassah the Hebrew name of Esther?

Hadassah is also the name of the Women's Zionist Organization of America. It's a pretty remarkable organization founded by an extraordinary woman, Henrietta Szold.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadassah

Little Hadassah in this video by The Maccabeats is just adorable.

I don't like any of those names, but none of them are toooo awful on their own. That mix, though, with all those 'a's? It just doesn't look or sound nice.

Ugh. That name is horrible. Any one of those names on their own would be perfectly fine, but not all together plus a long surname. That's ridiculous.

If you're going to use a name that's already uncommon, don't change the freaking spelling.

Haha. I have a fundie-raised friend with a first name that makes people assume she's Jewish. I don't think that's what your friend meant to do, but watch that little girl make instafriends in parts of Chicago or New York and then have to tell them "actually my parents are Christians, just crazy ones."

Archived