IGNORED

Sarah Palin's new tome about War On Christmas

gustava

I just went to a Hallmark store. There was an entire aisle of Christmas cards and the store was decked out with Christmas ornaments and free Christmas cookies for customers. There were more Duck Dynasty-themed cards than Chanukah cards. Yes, there really is a War on Christmas going on . . .

I just went to a Hallmark store. There was an entire aisle of Christmas cards and the store was decked out with Christmas ornaments and free Christmas cookies for customers. There were more Duck Dynasty-themed cards than Chanukah cards. Yes, there really is a War on Christmas going on . . .

Those ornaments arrive in July. Besides buying an ornament for a baby shower, who's going to purchase Christmas stuff while wearing shorts??

I can't stand this fucking twat, her self righteous slut of a daughter, or her douche of a husband.

Her daughter should be persevering at work, since apparently she isn't getting any child support.

people.com/people/article/0,,20753924,00.html

I can't stand this fucking twat, her self righteous slut of a daughter, or her douche of a husband.

I have known Todd for a while, haven't seen him in years but he's not half bad. I just think he is along for the ride and the cash cow. I know him from Iron Dog and sleds not politically. I only listened to half those clips, her voice just grates.

#13-- did she just refer to the US as "one of the world's oldest...nations"? Because the United States is only 237 years old and, while it's not the youngest country around it isn't remotely close to the oldest.

I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt there and assume she was referring to a European country but I cannot imagine that she actually is. I fear I might be giving her too much credit.

This is why I roll my eyes every year when the conservatives start mouthing off about "the war on christmas." From around the beginning October to the end of December the stores are freaking overflowing with Christmas items! Christmas music starts playing in stores the day after Halloween. There are stores devoted to the holiday year round:

christmasplace.com/

Yet, these people begrudge the acknowledgment of other holidays from different cultures. Their whining about a store clerk saying "Happy Holidays" is obnoxious. The store won't stop you from replying "Merry Christmas" if that's what you prefer but quit acting like you're being persecuted for your faith!

I love Christmas (although mine is more of the secular variety) and I hate how these asshats make people who celebrate it look like ignorant bigots. It makes me so angry.

Wow, the war on Christmas started early this year. I don't know what to make of Palin and these books she writes. They must sell well enough during the first few weeks to justify the effort, because I almost always see them in the $3 bin a year after they're published.

#13-- did she just refer to the US as "one of the world's oldest...nations"? Because the United States is only 237 years old and, while it's not the youngest country around it isn't remotely close to the oldest.

She did. I now have a large bruise on my forehead from the epic facepalm that required.

She did. I now have a large bruise on my forehead from the epic facepalm that required.

Sometimes I wonder if she's trolling all of us... Can she be that stupid? :angry-banghead:

You've got to remember this is Palin we're talking about. She is mind-numbingly stupid, incurious and woefully uneducated. And even scarier it is it's all wrapped up in a package that is bigoted, mean-spirited and vindictive. She's an idiot and a bully.

I've heard this before and, I believe, that when you refer to a country's age by the age of their current constitution (or whatever the particular country calls its founding documents) the US is the oldest country. A country like France, whose most recent constitution came in 1958, would therefore be considered only 25 or so years old.

*I don't prescribe to this theory myself, just adding in how I've heard others come to this conclusion.

I've heard this before and, I believe, that when you refer to a country's age by the age of their current constitution (or whatever the particular country calls its founding documents) the US is the oldest country. A country like France, whose most recent constitution came in 1958, would therefore be considered only 25 or so years old.

*I don't prescribe to this theory myself, just adding in how I've heard others come to this conclusion.

Even then, I could be wrong but I think England's last major change of government was the Restoration in 1660? At that time the parliament was already set up in (almost) its modern form and I don't think much has changed. Even by that logic unless I've forgotten something England is older.

Her mouth moving like that of a puppet on that site is oddly appropriate.

Also? Does anyone believe SHE wrote this book?

I don't.

I don't.

If she didn't write this thing we have to recognize the fact that there is a ghost-writer out there who is as mind-numbingly stupid as Palin. Or a ghost-writer with the brains to know exactly what drivel rings the bell for Palin & her kind and is capitalizing on it.

Even then, I could be wrong but I think England's last major change of government was the Restoration in 1660? At that time the parliament was already set up in (almost) its modern form and I don't think much has changed. Even by that logic unless I've forgotten something England is older.

I think they leave out monarchies, plus Great Britain doesn't have a constitution. When I have seen this "oldest country" label, it is usually meant to refer to constitutional republics or democracies. In that case, the US is probably the oldest country with that specific form of government.

If she didn't write this thing we have to recognize the fact that there is a ghost-writer out there who is as mind-numbingly stupid as Palin. Or a ghost-writer with the brains to know exactly what drivel rings the bell for Palin & her kind and is capitalizing on it.

God bless the Palin family. With the way they waterboard the English language they really do keep the ghostwriters employed.

Archived