IGNORED

Happy 21st Birthday Reversal Anna!

kpmom

I hope Stevie doesn't subject Anna to an excursion to that wildlife safari like he did Sarah for her b-day earlier this year.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope Stevie doesn't subject Anna to an excursion to that wildlife safari like he did Sarah for her b-day earlier this year.

>>>>> we will be interacting with animals tomorrow as John :whistle: has 'work' commitments.

Notice that Aunt Tamie-Faye has posted. Stevie do you sensor worldly birthday cards?

As an earlier poster stated it does look like a Funddie dating ad.

And Green Smoothie my arse.

Ineffably sad life. Poor Anna. Surely they could have found something more worthwhile to say than she deals well with leftovers.

Sadly it is probably only leftovers and her birthday date that differentiates her from her sisters. It is a narrow narrow green smoothie filled world in which she lives.

Okay, I just have to ask now, has Steve Maxwell started printing and distributing his own line of Halloween literature? My friend's son got a religious booklet in his Halloween pumpkin with the following verses:

"The most common food that people choke to death on in American restaurants is hard-boiled egg yolk, and the Number One killer in the U.S. is death. There is a lot of it around."

"Think about it for a moment: everything you hold dear to you is going to be torn from your hands by death."

What with all the Maxwell talk of death on a regular basis, does this look to anyone else like something Stevehovah could have written?

... and the Number One killer in the U.S. is death. There is a lot of it around."

Just my antipodean opinion, but I don't think dying from death is an America only thing. There is a lot of it about, worldwide some would say! :lol:

I completely agree. :lol:

This just creeped me out so much, and honestly looked like something that could have been made and distributed by Maxhell.

It also looks like someone crocheted a brown jock strap for one of her brothers. What the hell is that thing?

And, seriously, the family can only thing of 4 little-known facts about Anna, 3 of which are about food?

I was looking at the fuzzy jock strap, too, and wondering WTF? I actually blew the photo up so I could get some perspective on it and based on the size of other items in the photo, there's just no other explanation. It's brown, it's "down", it's a winter jock strap, alright.

It's knit, not crochet. I just hope they used expensive merino and not something cheap and scratchy. The severe chaffing would keep you awake during Bible time anyway.

I don't really care what beliefs Anna has been indoctrinated with her whole life. Reading that birthday write up had to make her just a little bit sad. It depressed the hell out of me. I hope that Steve and Teri write their own private message to Anna because it is extra sad that they can't be bothered to write anything.

It is obvious that Steve has ripped away his children's sense of individuality. Anna's favorite breakfast is what the family is basically forced to eat. Her favorite breakfast might be eggs Benedict, but she will probably never have the opportunity to figure that out. The kids have to like what Steve tells them to like or like whatever he gives them them opportunity to like.

I wonder if he keeps his children from interacting with the outside world because he is afraid that his kids will learn that most parents don't treat their kids, the way he treats his. That what Steve is doing isn't exactly typical abd that there are other ways to live. It is common for abusers to keep their families isolated, so that no one finds out about the abuse and so that the abused don't learn that they are bring abused. I didn't realize how fucked up my family life was until I moved away to college when I could gain prespective on my mother's destructive behavior. The maxwell children won't get this chance and that is sad.

Not to continue to beat a dead, snark horse but this sentence is atrioucous:

Anna makes incredible soups, usually without a recipe. “What did you put in it, Anna?†one might ask. “I put some of this in and that and…†In other words, she is amazing with her flavoring.
. Sarah, you aren't putting the first half the sentence into other words. You are actually saying something different. Anna is good at cooking soup without a recipe and she is skilled with seasoning and flavoring soup.

Okay, I just have to ask now, has Steve Maxwell started printing and distributing his own line of Halloween literature? My friend's son got a religious booklet in his Halloween pumpkin with the following verses:

"The most common food that people choke to death on in American restaurants is hard-boiled egg yolk, and the Number One killer in the U.S. is death. There is a lot of it around."

"Think about it for a moment: everything you hold dear to you is going to be torn from your hands by death."

OMG, what a happy, joyful person who wrote/distributed that! :roll:

I never thought making soup without a recipe was a particular talent. I've done it many times - not regularly, but I've done it.

Through some stock in a pot, put a bunch of veggies in, maybe some meat, maybe some rice or beans or lentils, add some seasoning, and let it stew for a while. Done.

It's a pretty easy, really.

I don't think the maxwell children or the maxwell girls get to explore any other talents than cooking, cleaning, and playing an instrument. I am particularly proud of my ability to cook most any dish without a recipe. I love to cook and have friends and family over for dinner. But if I asked my friends to write something about me for my birthday, I doubt they would talk about my talent for cooking soup. I have a feeling they would focus on different parts of my personality and/or tell stories of fun/interesting/crazy times we had together. The Maxwell children have no individual personalities and as for wacky misadventures, is Sarah going to talk about the time they fed chipmunks, or when Anna got crazy and wanted to rearrange the furniture, or that one time during bible study. They really little else to talk about than Anna's killer soup making skills.

I don't really care what beliefs Anna has been indoctrinated with her whole life. Reading that birthday write up had to make her just a little bit sad. It depressed the hell out of me. I hope that Steve and Teri write their own private message to Anna because it is extra sad that they can't be bothered to write anything.

It is obvious that Steve has ripped away his children's sense of individuality. Anna's favorite breakfast is what the family is basically forced to eat. Her favorite breakfast might be eggs Benedict, but she will probably never have the opportunity to figure that out. The kids have to like what Steve tells them to like or like whatever he gives them them opportunity to like.

I wonder if he keeps his children from interacting with the outside world because he is afraid that his kids will learn that most parents don't treat their kids, the way he treats his. That what Steve is doing isn't exactly typical abd that there are other ways to live. It is common for abusers to keep their families isolated, so that no one finds out about the abuse and so that the abused don't learn that they are bring abused. I didn't realize how fucked up my family life was until I moved away to college when I could gain prespective on my mother's destructive behavior. The maxwell children won't get this chance and that is sad.

Not to continue to beat a dead, snark horse but this sentence is atrioucous:

. Sarah, you aren't putting the first half the sentence into other words. You are actually saying something different. Anna is good at cooking soup without a recipe and she is skilled with seasoning and flavoring soup.

The only people the Maxwells ever tell stories to (in person) know everything about the story already (they were probably there for it). These people never have to worry about making sense when they speak because they only speak with people they spend 24/7 with.

I can't wait to read the entry about how they celebrated Anna's special day with special family fellowship time, with precious family members, because they all love each other so much! and love sharing such special times together, yada yada.

I hope she at least got a cake and did not have to settle (happily, of course) for a couple of animal crackers.

It's really pathetic that when you make a birthday post about someone you love, the most you have is "she can make soup without following a recipe." That is beyond sad.

I don't think the maxwell children or the maxwell girls get to explore any other talents than cooking, cleaning, and playing an instrument.

But an instrument they don't like much and aren't too good at playing, remember, or else they might be tempted to idolatry. And only food that's bare-minimum sufficient for their caloric needs and doesn't taste too good, or they'll be tempted to gluttony.

It's really pathetic that when you make a birthday post about someone you love, the most you have is "she can make soup without following a recipe." That is beyond sad.

I took it as being a post aimed at all the comments on here about their boring, bland meals. 'See, we add spices to soup, so there!!'

Oh my, I'm feeling old. I still remember when Anna was a little girl! Now, she's old enough to drink (not that she will. ever.), the same age as a college junior (not that she'll ever attend college), and at a ripe age to marry (which may happen!). I do believe the Maxwells are trying to marry off Anna with their blog postings, but they never did that with Sarah. I don't know if it's because they thought God would just plop Prince Charming down on their front doors or because when Sarah was 21, online "courting" was too unseemly. Anyway, ten years later, the Maxwells are a bit more desperate about marrying off their daughter and meeting people over the web is a lot more acceptable.

I think it would be heartbreaking for Sarah if her younger sisters married before her. For someone raised to believe her role is to be wife and mother, it's bad enough she's spent the last 13 years waiting for her husband. If she sees her younger sisters married off, it's the final sign that her prospects are officially closed. I think that's sad for anyone, fundie or not.

With the birthday post being sort of the Maxwell version of an online dating ad, I'm trying to figure out what happened to John-Marie? I thought he was a shoe-in! He must have done something to piss off the Maxwells. Maybe he posted a loss on his sprinkler business or maybe he finally put his foot down and said "no" to relocating to Kansas if that was going to be a condition of marrying into the family. I would think if JM was intended for any Maxwell, it would have been announced by now. Maybe they are waiting for the birth of NR-Anna's baby in February to move to a courtship announcement? Inquiring minds want to know...

I think it would be heartbreaking for Sarah if her younger sisters married before her. For someone raised to believe her role is to be wife and mother, it's bad enough she's spent the last 13 years waiting for her husband. If she sees her younger sisters married off, it's the final sign that her prospects are officially closed. I think that's sad for anyone, fundie or not.

I kind of get the feeling Sarah is scared of marriage. She can remember when the family was not so crazy strict and isolated. She saw the change in her dad. She saw the depression in Terie and how Steve's answer to that problem was to get her pregnant 5 more times and become more controlling. Maybe she's scared she'll marry someone like that.

With the birthday post being sort of the Maxwell version of an online dating ad, I'm trying to figure out what happened to John-Marie? I thought he was a shoe-in! He must have done something to piss off the Maxwells. Maybe he posted a loss on his sprinkler business or maybe he finally put his foot down and said "no" to relocating to Kansas if that was going to be a condition of marrying into the family. I would think if JM was intended for any Maxwell, it would have been announced by now. Maybe they are waiting for the birth of NR-Anna's baby in February to move to a courtship announcement? Inquiring minds want to know...

I've always had the feeling that John-Marie is interested in Mary and is just waiting for her to get a little older. I predict there will be a courting announcement as soon as Steve allows her to graduate. That's why they have to advertise Anna so much. Mary is already taken.

BTW, Anna's birthday post reminded me of SPCA ads in the newspaper. "Free to a good home, great with kids, loves to go for walks." :lol:

I've always had the feeling that John-Marie is interested in Mary and is just waiting for her to get a little older. I predict there will be a courting announcement as soon as Steve allows her to graduate. That's why they have to advertise Anna so much. Mary is already taken.

BTW, Anna's birthday post reminded me of SPCA ads in the newspaper. "Free to a good home, great with kids, loves to go for walks." :lol:

Next thing you know, they'll have her in a cardboard box on the sidewalk outside of Safeway giving away free samples of her soup. With the sign of course.

And maybe you're right -- maybe J-M is meant for Mary. Well, quick, pick up one of those tainted Phillips boys for Sarah and maybe for Anna, too (there's enough of them, right?). It might be the best bargain Steve's had EVER!

Well, quick, pick up one of those tainted Phillips boys for Sarah and maybe for Anna, too (there's enough of them, right?). It might be the best bargain Steve's had EVER!

It's like buying used and saving the difference.

It's like buying used and saving the difference.

Oh, no, get them an Arndt. They are bound to be on clearance by now.

Archived