IGNORED

Possibly another Pearl victim

dairyfreelife

huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/24/boy-dies-wrapped-in-blanket_n_4151662.html?ncid=webmail14

Not sure, but it sounds an awful lot like what happened Sean Paddock... :cry: Poor, poor baby.

Every time I read about a child that dies from unusually harsh discipline, I wonder if the victim was from a fundie family.

I read the article was the posted above. I don't think that this family was Fundie. What a horrible thing to happen to this child!!

God, how horrific. I agree it doesn't sound like the family are fundies. Recalls attachment therapy bullshit more than Pearl bullshit, IMO.

Yes, it reminds me of how some people "treated" kids with attachment disorder. The article specifically mentions it's a disciplinary tool the family apparently has used before. It sounds horrible, surprised no child died earlier. I don't see any connection to the Pearl's methods or to fun dies, just stupid people.

The article says he was in the custody of his grandmother because his mother had been charged with abuse. I would bet she abused this little boy.

[Climbing onto my soapbox...]

This looks like yet another case of "let's have blind faith in all grandmas being wonderful even if we're judging the mother."

This child was in grandma's custody because of concerns of domestic violence with the mother. So, the mom has a problem, and people blindly assume that "the grandma option" must be wonderful. Did anyone bother asking if that was actually the case, or whether grandma had any clue about child discipline or current safety advice?

Grandma then gets help from another grandma, Donna Trainor. Again, she's a grandma, so she must be wonderful, right? She declares that she used "the wrap" with her own family. People take her at face value, and don't bother to check her out or discover that she had a previous conviction for child abuse. See http://www.winknews.com/Local-Florida/2 ... mp8lxCWk5g

I'm following a coroner's inquest right now into the death of a 5 yr old boy at the hands of his grandparents. The case is just horrific - the boy and his sister were locked up, forced to spend hours in an unheated room lying in their own urine and feces, called pigs, given only small scraps of food and beaten. He died as a result of starvation, and developing pneumonia from inhaling some of the fecal bacteria that was all over his skin. The inquest is learning that there were old records showing that the grandma had previously been charged with child abuse in connection with the death of her infant daughter, and that grandpa had previously been charged with assaulting his step-children. The Catholic Children's Aid Society, however, never checked their own records before approving of the placement of the children with their grandparents.

Here's a link to the story: http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/201 ... ry-caring/

I cannot force my brain to accept "the wrap" as anything other than a torture technique. Teaching kids to fear the ones who are supposed to love and protect them just doesn't jive for me. Bloody monsters.

The article says he was in the custody of his grandmother because his mother had been charged with abuse. I would bet she abused this little boy.

It actually says "the child's mother had been involved in domestic violence" - which usually means some kind of spousal violence, not child abuse.

I read this article last night and was absolutely horrified. What sort of person would even consider treating a child (or any living being) this way? And then for others to go along with the suggestion. I hope all involved get life in prison, no parole. Any of them still fertile? Then make them not so.

I didn't get a fundie vibe - I just got that the people involved were pond scum that got off on cruelty to defenseless beings. We do not need any of these people procreating.

Archived