IGNORED

Why Joseph M. still lives at home

twin2

Steve Joesph responds to FJers a legitimate question naysayers as to why he still lives at home.

/blog.titus2.com/

Hi Steve! :greetings-wavingblue:

You're an asshat!

Joseph comes across as just as arrogant and removed from reality as his father. Which I guess was Steve-o's aim.

Joseph comes across as just as arrogant and removed from reality as his father. Which I guess was Steve-o's aim.

Agree!! I think all the males in that family r like that!

Agree!! I think all the males in that family r like that!

As opposed to the firm grasp of reality the women exhibit.... ;)

As opposed to the firm grasp of reality the women exhibit.... ;)

As well as the women! (I realize I should have added them after I made the comment)

Joseph only THINKS he's making the decision by himself to not live alone. I know how these families work. The parents brainwash the children into believing they're making independent choices, but in reality the children are merely playing out the choices their parents have already ingrained in them.

Example: As a young adult, I believed I'd made the choice to not attend college. I didn't think I needed college! I chose to not go! It was my choice for my life! Umm...not. My parents had ingrained all these anti-college thoughts in my head. When the time came for me to "choose" what to do after high school, of course I didn't choose college!

Because it would be degrading for him to do his own laundry, cook his own meals, and men living on their own turn into sex fiends.

I could not stop laughing reading "Joseph's" blog post.

I have never understood the fundy accountabiliy thing. Joseph says that if he was living alone, he wouldn't have anyone to back up his word. That just saying "you'll have to trust me" has less credibility than the accountability he has living with his parents. Isn't trust supposed to be a big part of any relationship? If you can't trust the word of the person you are going to marry, whether they live at home or not, your marriage is starting off fucked. It's as though he is saying that all that matters is that daddy and mommy can vouch that he is marriage material. Who the fuck says he can provide references from his family for a relationship? As though all women want their future in-laws as references. What's to say that someone's parents won't lie just because they are ready to get him out of the house, even if he is fundy? You don't even use family as a job reference because everyone knows they will lie for you.

To me the glaring hole in this accountability belief is that a man is supposed to go from being under his father's authority to being the head of his own house, with total authority over his wife and children. If he cannot be trusted to make decisions and live a rightous life when he is single, how is he suddenly supposed to have the ability to do so once he is is married?

Since Joseph doesn't have friends, activities, interests or anything that doesn't involve his parents, I think he cannot understand the joy in living on your own. The best part is being able to say that everything in your place is yours. No one can tell you want to do and you get to live on your own terms. He doesn't understand that having to make your own decisions helps you grow up and, through trial and error, you are better able to continue making the right decisions.

Haley on October 11, 2013 at 7:29 pm said:

Thank you so much for your biblical and well reasoned response! So many people don’t understand why I live at home even though I am in my 30s and have my own house.

Joseph, have you considered renting out your house to a Godly family? The income would be helpful when Jesus brings the right young lady to you.

>>>>>>>>

He’s still working on it and so it isn’t rentable.

Godly Christian Haley (ahem) thanks Steve for this response.

Does the Maxwell parents providing "free" room & board to the adult kids count as something taxable that the adult Maxwell children have to claim on their returns?

I ask because there was a situation in my state where a single mother living with her parents (and paying documented rent to them which was important) was audited because her stated income raised red flags with the IRS given the cost-of-living for this area. The IRS did seem to be persecuting her in this case, and since she had paperwork for her expenses she was ultimately vindicated.

Since the Maxwell parents are providing goods and services of value (room & board), are there tax implications? I have no idea how this works with adult children who are not students.

"willing and accommodating spirits to let us live in their home without charge as income-earning young adults" :lol: :cracking-up:

Stevehovah just wants you under his thumb forever, you dumb dickweed. :roll:

"willing and accommodating spirits to let us live in their home without charge as income-earning young adults" :lol: :cracking-up:

Stevehovah just wants you under his thumb forever, you dumb dickweed. :roll:

And, btw, aren't most of their incomes made within the various family businesses?

Archived