IGNORED

The Weiss Family?

actuallyjessica

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not necessarily. There is a Weiss family in my town that are active in the Methodist Church and have been for several generations. One of their ancestors was a Methodist minister (1870's I think). The elder Mr. Weiss was a good fried of my grandfather.

There is a Weiss family in my ELCA Lutheran church.

There are many German names in our congregation, some of which could be Jewish surnames, actually.

Could Skylar be a potential suitor for Michaels Bates?

i've considered this. he seems to be "friends" with michael.

There is another defrauding picture of Skylar on the Bates family page today--a post about the preparations for the Eric n Chad weddingpalooza. Kelly says that Skylar coordinated all the reception food prep. A fundy hottie who isn't afraid to be in the kitchen? Jana Duggar, grab him now!!!

blog.thebatesfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/91.jpg

There is a third Weiss in these photos. I don't think we have seen Ansley Weiss before.

blog.thebatesfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/81.jpg

I tried googling her and came up with nada, but there are pictures of her on mama's facebook. I assume she is a sibling because she and Peyton have similar features.

• 4 months later...

Looks like Skylar just turned 21 on February 3rd. He might be a tidbit young for our dear Jana. But he is quite the looker for sure! I am anxiously waiting for them to suddenly announce she is in a courtship with some random guy out of the blue. Always trying to fool the internets.

I really do hope Jana Weiss happens. Their children would be so beautiful.

And honestly, it'd be nice to see Jana SMILE again.

Isn't he the one sitting beside Michael Bates in the Erin's wedding episode? I swear it looks like him,and not her beau.It's the scene where she is with her parents and Kelly is going over the dip amts for the reception.

I really do hope Jana Weiss happens. Their children would be so beautiful.

And honestly, it'd be nice to see Jana SMILE again.

Was that Skylar on last night's 19K episode helping good 'ol Josh with renovating his basement??? Kind of interesting if it was him there at the same time the Duggar tribe were on their way to visit!!! Plus, what was Skylar doing in DC and since when are he and Josh friends????

Was that Skylar on last night's 19K episode helping good 'ol Josh with renovating his basement??? Kind of interesting if it was him there at the same time the Duggar tribe were on their way to visit!!! Plus, what was Skylar doing in DC and since when are he and Josh friends????

Yes that was him. I LOVED the moment when Anna announces Josh's family is arriving in a few hours because of the weather and you can hear him in the background asking how bad weather would make them show up a day early. While it totally seemed staged it was good to hear somebody on the show point out how odd it was.

I don't know about Skyler and Jana. I still think that Jana is waiting for a boy to be released from his commitments with Gothard.

I know a week or so ago, people were commenting on Jinger's hair change. And when I saw the picture of them on the Today Show (? I could be wrong on the location, I'm guessing by the windows in the background) with her hair having barrel curves instead of her normal perm, I was wondering if she was courting. (On a related note, holy crap does she look different/beautiful with her hair like that. I was not expecting such a drastic change.)

Could Jinger have scored Skylar?

There is another defrauding picture of Skylar on the Bates family page today--a post about the preparations for the Eric n Chad weddingpalooza. Kelly says that Skylar coordinated all the reception food prep. A fundy hottie who isn't afraid to be in the kitchen? Jana Duggar, grab him now!!!

I know I'm late to the party on this, but I just gotta say...

Oh dear lord, his arms! (swoon) Count me defrauded!

get in line, ladies! hahaha. i found him first!

well, second... but.. still.

Am I the only one who doesn't find Skylar attractive AT ALL? Is there something wrong with me?

No, we are both perfectly normal ;)

Well it was interesting that dude happened to be at Josh's home helping out :think: Didn't he attend Erin's wedding? If he was at the wedding...I wonder if he had "already" made plans to visit Josh in DC. Does anyone get where I'm going with this? We have seen Skylar in quite a few pics with the Duggars these past few months. There was speculation about him and Michael Bates...well we all know how that turned out :) So what else do we know about HIM. Is he another young conservative, trying to be radical fundie like Ben? Or is he more mainstream/fundie lite, like Derick? Does he have a steady job? Is he in college? He seems to be traveling too much to have a steady job. I could be wrong. Wonder why his parents divorced. Thought that was a NO NO in fundie world. Well I give them props for ending it if it just wasn't working :clap: Yeah...he's not bad on the eyes but he still hangs with high profile fundies that I have a few issues with. So I HOPE he isn't courting any Duggar girl at the moment. I think he might be a media distraction to keep us talking...or they might be trying to fool us :shifty:

Isn't that Ben/Jessa in the kitchen prep wedding photo?

I think it's deceptive since you see the other face, which almost looks like it's on Jessa's body making it weird and next to the whichever boy it is I can't ID. LOL.

All of Kelly's photos from her blog are always labeled in the corner and she only put Skylar there and then the vague 'kitchen crew' because at that point it wasn't overly public about Jessa and Ben. I mean, it was, but not hugely, and no real update on where things still were at that point. I could see her having been told it could say it was them...Jessa only maybe, but, but not both, perhaps.

Besides for if you look at Ben's profile in the bus right before they pull up, his hairline from the side and the very slight scruff match this picture here of him from just the slightly further angled from the side angle.

DEFINITELY Jessa (so has to be Ben)

I knew I had seen her in that shirt this season on the show! Ha!

Watch the first 4 or so minutes of the pickle making/double dating episode.

Jessa is in the bathroom curling her hair before the double date and she's looking in the mirror while doing so, talking about the double date. She's wearing the exact same cream (white?) and navy blue-ish striped stripped shirt as she is in the kitchen photo.

You can also tell when you see from the side that the strips on the arm match the ones in this pic. If I knew how to screen cap from the tv I would, but I can't even figure out how to get the little menu thing to not be in the way putting it on pause to be super useful even if I could post the picture. Hopefully someone else can cap it for those who'd like to see!

It really is right after the credits basically.

Then it cuts to Michelle talking about Jessa being a little flighty since starting to date and things taking longer and starting to delegate since she'll likely be moving out/on anyway (which really should have been placed closer to when they have the Jinger doing the actual packing task stuff IMO b/c it seemed like when that part aired, it didn't at all trigger this previous part w/ Michelle's comments in most minds)

Then it goes on to the pickle making, etc.

Anyway, between Jessa's shirt here and what I think is absolutely undeniably her hair and profile anyway, plus if someone capped Ben's side profile on the bus where you can see his hairline, and especially by his ears and the little scruff, it's got to be them together with Skylar in the kitchen.

So maybe Jessa was able to do some good scouting for Jana or Jinger...and maybe Ben and Josh were able to have some good chats with him, too!

ETA: Is that actually Josiah's face between Jessa and whichever other boy that is? (I'm so bad figuring some of them out)? Height wise it seems possible, and his hair is lighter. At first it looked almost like bangs swept over, but looking at the graduation episode and some screen caps posted online from it, he's got that sort of poofy front part of his hair combed over and from the side in one of those pictures, it actually looks like that may well be him there.

Skylar is actually 20.

http://fl-voters.findthedata.org/l/5183 ... hele-Weiss

If you scroll down you can see all of the sibs' dates of birth. Besides, he seems a little conceited, or at least aware of how good looking many people find him. I would prefer to see Jana with someone a little more down to earth.

He looks enough like the Seppis that maybe he'll marry in that family (do they have any remaining girls?)

He looks too conceited or something, and while I like beards, he and the Seppis do nothing for me.

Skylar is actually 20.

http://fl-voters.findthedata.org/l/5183 ... hele-Weiss

If you scroll down you can see all of the sibs' dates of birth. Besides, he seems a little conceited, or at least aware of how good looking many people find him. I would prefer to see Jana with someone a little more down to earth.

Oh jeez. 20. I thought he'd at least be 23/24.

My vote is now on Jinger Weiss.

That's my vote too. And they may already be precourting or courting.

When I saw he was 20/21, I thought that too. I also agree that Jana needs someone more grounded and that Skyler is the type that seems to know he is attractive. I bet if he weren't fundie, he would be your typical fratty bro. I think Jinger would work well with that though.

That's my vote too. And they may already be precourting or courting.

Oh no! Since Jessa and Jill are courting/engaged and almost everybody voted on Jana not wanting to be in a relationship it is now all eyes on Jinger. That poor girl! I hope she is not courting or in a precourtship. I hope the family leaves her alone. Free Jinger!

Oh no! Since Jessa and Jill are courting/engaged and almost everybody voted on Jana not wanting to be in a relationship it is now all eyes on Jinger. That poor girl! I hope she is not courting or in a precourtship. I hope the family leaves her alone. Free Jinger!

I don't think that Jana doesn't want to be in a relationship now, just that she's waited for whatever reason. I think part of her waiting was a form of birth control; you can't have eleventy babies if you put off your wedding. But I, like at least a few others on here, think she has a boy who is committed to working at headquarters right now. If you're working at hq, you can't court until your commitment is up; but hq is where a lot of people go to meet people they could potentially court, and Jana's gone herself.

I imagine that we won't hear of a Jana courtship until her intended is finished with his duties, and we will hear about how they met through church (or some other BS statement that makes it sound like they didn't send Jana to hq with Gothard). They may even come up with a story like JB and Derick's meeting. [by the way, I'm still not entirely sold on the fact that Jill and Derick met via JB; it kinda seems like "well this is a more godly way to meet a guy." I could be entirely wrong but it just feels a bit fake to me.]

• 2 months later...

I've heard Jinger with Skylar and lately somebody named Jonathan who the Duggars are following on Twitter randomly. Says he is Hedge Fund manager, lives in Texas. I googled him. Came out of the homeschool situation in Arkansas.

Archived