IGNORED

The Weiss Family?

actuallyjessica

my eyes are opened to this hot piece of man after seeing the latest bates blog post, featuring a picture of skylar weiss. i googled him and found his google+ page, along with peyton weiss'.

now, i need to know more about this beautiful looking family.

Hey, this is MY CRUSH!!! I thought exactly the same. Nice one! :pink-shock:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far, I find that their mother is named Michelle and they probably live in Colorado. No Dad's name yet. Josh Duggar is her friend on Facebook. Her public page is not all that forthcoming.

The name... of her pinterest... is TRUST AND OBEY.

I think she spelled it wrong, shouldn't it be Trust Eeennnnddd Obey? :lol:

Edited to add: Skylar Weiss is quite fine.

I think I found the daughter's Etsy page - if so, it looks like they live in Florida (the page isn't very exciting so I won't bother linking it, but googling her name should bring it up).

They do live in Florida now. Dad's name is Michael and he is a doctor (OBGY). He went to med school at NYU. They do have more children than Skyler and Peyton, at least 2 other girls.

P.S. Promise I'm not creepy, I just use google for work and I know how to find what I want.

Edit: C&P'd the Dad's bio from the hospital website. No idea how these people are fundy, his education seems good...

"Michael I. Weiss, MD, is an obstetrician and gynecologist with expertise in many special treatment areas including bio-identical-natural hormone replacement; weight management; urinary incontinence; minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery; family planning; infertility; pregnancy care; and general gynecologic care, including simple in office procedures.

Dr. Weiss was born in Brooklyn, New York, and raised in Long Island, New York. In 1992, he received his medical degree from the New York University School of Medicine. He has practiced obstetrics and gynecology since 1998. Dr. Weiss is board certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology and is a Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology.

Medical Education: New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York

Internship: Internal Medicine, Naval Hospital, Oakland, California

Residency: Obstetrics and Gynecology, Naval Medical Center, Portsmouth, Virginia"

Dad also has a buzz cut and worked in Naval hospitals...

edit #2: I can link this Michael to the family but Michele's Facebook has 0 pictures of the dad so I wonder if they are divorced? I also found this on Mom's Facebook:

Received the sweetest and saddest message from Jessa this morniing. As you may already know, Michelle has miscarried. She went in for an ultra sound and there was no heartbeat. She now will begin the trial of labor. Please keep Michelle, Jim Bob and their children in your prayers.

So they are close to the Duggars, lots of Duggar pictures on her Facebook...which makes me think I know a OBGY who's willing to help J'chelle... :pink-shock:

edit #3: They divorced in 2007. http://pubrec10.hillsclerk.com/CaseDeta ... ID=1599979

Now I'm done. ;)

Thank you for all the info. Wow! They sound interesting.... Wish *they* had a blog or something. Divorced parents. Father who's a doctor. Interesting.

my eyes are opened to this hot piece of man after seeing the latest bates blog post, featuring a picture of skylar weiss. i googled him and found his google+ page, along with peyton weiss'.

now, i need to know more about this beautiful looking family.

photo+%252814%2529.JPG

Huh, Weiss is typically a Jewish surname no? Every Weiss I've encountered is at least culturally Jewish. Are they Christian converts?

Huh, Weiss is typically a Jewish surname no? Every Weiss I've encountered is at least culturally Jewish. Are they Christian converts?

The guy is also from Long Island, which would also support this theory.

The guy is also from Long Island, which would also support this theory.

Right, and he was born in Brooklyn. I assume he was born Jewish and became fundie later in life.

I think Skylar would be hotter sans beard and with a better-fitting shirt, but Peyton is a real natural beauty. Joseph Maxwell should be paying attention--she resembles Elizabeth a little bit--but I'm sure the fact that her father is a doctor and her parents are now divorced (!) would be Big Problems in Maxhell.

Right, and he was born in Brooklyn. I assume he was born Jewish and became fundie later in life..

The kids look Italian too. As a matter of fact, the son looks a lot like my cousin did when he was younger. There was another court case for the wife which was a foreclosure. She has an Italian maiden name. Lots of Italians in Brooklyn and Long Island.

That was my thought to when I saw the name.

OK I cannot figure out the scarf. Is she wearing two? One as a headband and the other around her neck? Or is it a headcovering?

Looks like a headband and matching scarf to me.

Am I the only one who doesn't find Skylar attractive AT ALL? Is there something wrong with me?

no, he seems like a standard issue hipster lite fundie lite guy. Plop him in a family picture of the Seppis and he'd fit right in, though his haircut and clothing are a tad more upscale...so, a Seppi with a better barber.

According to the mom's FB page, photos show they attended the ATI Conference in 2012. I have friends who are ATI and according to them you can't be divorced AND be ATI. You have to have a 2-parent household with BOTH parents supporting the ATI/Gothard agenda. I also know a couple of families who wanted to join ATI & even though both parents were fundie, if one parent didn't tow the Gothard line they were rejected. I'm just wondering how they are getting around this issue.

According to the mom's FB page, photos show they attended the ATI Conference in 2012. I have friends who are ATI and according to them you can't be divorced AND be ATI. You have to have a 2-parent household with BOTH parents supporting the ATI/Gothard agenda. I also know a couple of families who wanted to join ATI & even though both parents were fundie, if one parent didn't tow the Gothard line they were rejected. I'm just wondering how they are getting around this issue.

I wonder if they were already enrolled in ATI when the divorce happened and they were allowed to stay? It is weird because I didn't think they allowed divorced single parents either.

• 1 month later...

There is another defrauding picture of Skylar on the Bates family page today--a post about the preparations for the Eric n Chad weddingpalooza. Kelly says that Skylar coordinated all the reception food prep. A fundy hottie who isn't afraid to be in the kitchen? Jana Duggar, grab him now!!!

blog.thebatesfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/91.jpg

Not necessarily. There is a Weiss family in my town that are active in the Methodist Church and have been for several generations. One of their ancestors was a Methodist minister (1870's I think). The elder Mr. Weiss was a good fried of my grandfather.

Archived