IGNORED

Pastor Terry Jones Arrested Before He Could Burn Qurans

doggie

our favorite god loving people hating pseudo christian.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/1 ... 09765.html

MULBERRY, Fla. -- A Florida pastor was arrested Wednesday as he drove a pickup truck towing a large barbecue-style grill filled with kerosene-soaked Qurans to a park, where the pastor had said he was planning to burn 2,998 of the Muslim holy books_ one for every victim of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

Sheriff's deputies in Polk County, Fla., arrested Pastor Terry Jones, 61, and his associate pastor, Marvin Sapp Jr., 44, each on a felony charge of unlawful conveyance of fuel. Jones had said he was heading to a nearby park in Mulberry to burn the Qurans on Wednesday, the 12th anniversary of the attacks. Sheriff's officials said that Jones was also charged with unlawful open-carry of a firearm, a misdemeanor, and that Sapp faces a charge of having no valid registration for the trailer.

our favorite god loving people hating pseudo christian.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/1 ... 09765.html

MULBERRY, Fla. -- A Florida pastor was arrested Wednesday as he drove a pickup truck towing a large barbecue-style grill filled with kerosene-soaked Qurans to a park, where the pastor had said he was planning to burn 2,998 of the Muslim holy books_ one for every victim of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

Sheriff's deputies in Polk County, Fla., arrested Pastor Terry Jones, 61, and his associate pastor, Marvin Sapp Jr., 44, each on a felony charge of unlawful conveyance of fuel. Jones had said he was heading to a nearby park in Mulberry to burn the Qurans on Wednesday, the 12th anniversary of the attacks. Sheriff's officials said that Jones was also charged with unlawful open-carry of a firearm, a misdemeanor, and that Sapp faces a charge of having no valid registration for the trailer.

This guy again? Ugh. He's one of the (few) people I'd like to put in a rocket headed to the sun.

I'm not a fan of the faux patriotism that the anniversary of Sept. 11 brings (especially since we murder people every day, but we'd be pissed if someone "celebrated" that), but this is the worst kind. It's been 12 years, can we STOP blaming the Muslims now? I'm so sick of how anti-Muslim people become around this time of the year (not to say they're not loud and proud about it other times), and how they all want to rehash the awful event. It was tragic, I agree, but I'm sick of hearing where everyone was when they heard, and how they still "Stand" with the people of NYC. I wonder why we're not "celebrating" the anniversaries or "standing" with the people of Columbine, Sandy Hook, the Civil War, the War of 1812, etc. Those events were tragic, and awful, and innocent people died - why don't they get parades, and named holidays?

I'll get off my soap box now that I've gotten that out.

ETA: I'm probably in the minority with my Sept. 11th rant, but please realize that I don't mean to offend those that lost loved ones - I'm just sick of everyone acting like it's all about them when it's NOT.

This guy again? Ugh. He's one of the (few) people I'd like to put in a rocket headed to the sun.

I'm not a fan of the faux patriotism that the anniversary of Sept. 11 brings (especially since we murder people every day, but we'd be pissed if someone "celebrated" that), but this is the worst kind. It's been 12 years, can we STOP blaming the Muslims now? I'm so sick of how anti-Muslim people become around this time of the year (not to say they're not loud and proud about it other times), and how they all want to rehash the awful event. It was tragic, I agree, but I'm sick of hearing where everyone was when they heard, and how they still "Stand" with the people of NYC. I wonder why we're not "celebrating" the anniversaries or "standing" with the people of Columbine, Sandy Hook, the Civil War, the War of 1812, etc. Those events were tragic, and awful, and innocent people died - why don't they get parades, and named holidays?

ETA: I'm probably in the minority with my Sept. 11th rant, but please realize that I don't mean to offend those that lost loved ones - I'm just sick of everyone acting like it's all about them when it's NOT.

I thoroughly agree. It's not that I'm not still sick over what happened, it's not that I don't have enormous sympathy for those directly effected, but how about we discuss how that sort of fundamentalist terrorist organization got started, funded, and given weapons? Oh, our government? Our policies? Nope, just some flag waving and sad pictures.

You're definitely not in the minority. I'm also tired of people who get patriotic around September 11 but don't have the slightest clue about foreign policy or Islamic fundamentalism or anything else that led up to 9-11. It's just a bandwagon they jump on because it's easy to blame them or those people for it.

It bugs me to no end that nobody seems to remember the Oklahoma City bombing. My guess is that it's partly out of denial that somebody who could have been the boy next door murdered innocents, including children.

You're definitely not alone. I'm sick of hearing about it. It's been 12 years already. If you weren't directly affected, why are you still going on about it? Why aren't we lowering the flags and mourning the victims of Oklahoma City? That was a terrorist attack also. Oh, right. That was a white American. We don't acknowledge terrorism perpetrated by white Americans. That would force us to admit that maybe other societies have lunatic fringes that don't represent their general population either.

Thank goodness I'm not alone on the 9/11 drama box. :) And you're all right about the Oklahoma City bombing. Isn't it terrible that people jumped to "foreigners" on that one? I admit I'm shocked it was a "homegrown" terrorist too, but that doesn't make it less tragic! UGH!

Right on Childless! We can't admit that we (Americans) cause terror in other countries, so we DEFINITELY can't admit that we could cause terror in our own country!

Archived