IGNORED

Keeeeep talking, Duck Dynasty, keep talking

MamaJunebug

I have watched a grand total of one episode of this show when my extended family was playing nice and visiting the week of my grandfather's funeral. It was painfully boring. I really don't understand the literal obsession people have with the show. It's like the Duggars; what could possibly happen that would be exciting on a show about squeaky clean holier-than-thou religious types?

Last night's episode.... The dentist told John Luke, the kid "You're a funny guy." The kid replied "Bend over and I'll show you." Last week there was gonad talk and "Si's gonad emporium." Oh yeah, squeaky clean like the Duggars.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have watched a grand total of one episode of this show when my extended family was playing nice and visiting the week of my grandfather's funeral. It was painfully boring. I really don't understand the literal obsession people have with the show. It's like the Duggars; what could possibly happen that would be exciting on a show about squeaky clean holier-than-thou religious types? If it were missionaries risking life and limb to feed and heal Sudanese refugees while dodging gunfire and ambushes, I could get behind that show. But more or less normal Southern families doing more or less normal Southern things? That's less interesting than home movies.

Yep, I haven't watched the show, but the description holds absolutely zero appeal to me.

Let's see...long, scruffy-bearded men in camo acting like idiots. Hell, I don't need to watch DD for that, I can just sit on my back porch and watch my neighbors. At least my neighbors aren't complete assholes, just standard issue Alabama rednecks. Last year when a tornado hit nearby, they helped with search and rescue and let one family live in their camper until their roof was fixed. I can't picture the DD family doing that despite the religious shit that comes out of their mouths.

I usually avoid Walmart, but I ended up there yesterday and the one here has an entire section devoted to them. Why would anyone want a pillow with their faces on it?

I just do not understand the appeal of this show at all.

Let's see...long, scruffy-bearded men in camo acting like idiots. Hell, I don't need to watch DD for that, I can just sit on my back porch and watch my neighbors. At least my neighbors aren't complete assholes, just standard issue Alabama rednecks. Last year when a tornado hit nearby, they helped with search and rescue and let one family live in their camper until their roof was fixed. I can't picture the DD family doing that despite the religious shit that comes out of their mouths.

If you don't watch it or read about them, then how can you make so many assumptions? They had an exchange student from Taiwan. They kept her. She is their foster daughter now and lives with them.

If you don't watch it or read about them, then how can you make so many assumptions? They had an exchange student from Taiwan. They kept her. She is their foster daughter now and lives with them.

I have watched portions of the show and have read about them. I know about the foster daughter from Taiwan. I still think they are self-righteous assholes. I guess we just have differing opinions.

Archived