IGNORED

Fundies, MRAs and Anti-Feminists Won't Like This

GolightlyGrrl

Men Don't Always Make the Best Bosses

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/1 ... f=business

Interesting quote:

"In my view, the main reason for the uneven management sex ratio is our inability to discern between confidence and competence. That is, because we (people in general) commonly misinterpret displays of confidence as a sign of competence, we are fooled into believing that men are better leaders than women. In other words, when it comes to leadership, the only advantage that men have over women (e.g., from Argentina to Norway and the USA to Japan) is the fact that manifestations of hubris — often masked as charisma or charm — are commonly mistaken for leadership potential, and that these occur much more frequently in men than in women."

Unless you're Judgy Bitch, a woman whose self-esteem is vastly greater than her skills.

I've had bad bosses, and I've had good bosses. Some were men and some were women. Genitals have nothing to do with management style.

True, golightlygrrl, but I tend to see a broader streak of overconfident fucking know-it-all in men. Women bosses may have their issues, but bad women bosses tend to fall into the drama-llama category.

True, golightlygrrl, but I tend to see a broader streak of overconfident fucking know-it-all in men. Women bosses may have their issues, but bad women bosses tend to fall into the drama-llama category.

So interesting you bring this up. Because I totally see fundies like PP, Chris Jeub and Doug Phillips is a Tool as totally over-confident fucking know-it-all men and I see Shit Stain Mary and Lori Alexander is a Fucking Monster as total drama-llamas. Thank goodness they're not our bosses.

Years ago, I worked for a small company who had a client that did not want "black people" handling any part of services we supplied. This wasn't a rumor or a misunderstanding , I heard it straight from the client's mouth. That pissed me off. The kicker is my boss agreed to the client's request. That's pissed me off even more, and I let the cat out of the bag. I let everybody know what was going on. I called my boss an ignorant racist bitch and the client an ignorant racist asshole. Both of them are fundie and anti-feminists. I quit right then and there, and so did 2 black people who worked there. One of the employees threatened a lawsuit, but I don't know if anything came of that.

I'm going against the grain here, but I've had 6 bosses - four women and two men. The women were, by far, worse to work for. But as someone pointed out, jerks come in both genders so my experiences are probably not the norm.

Archived