IGNORED

Harry Potter and the Teenage Exorcists

tuckerphez

Wow...that is just...words fail me. These women are delusional. They are actually so crazy that when I watched the video, I first thought that it had to be a parody because nobody could say those things and actually think they were true. But no, sadly they mean every word of it. I feel sort of bad for them, because it's a by-product of the way they were raised, but I also think they're idiots because by now they're old enough to know better.

'The spells you are reading about are not made up,' adds Tess. 'They are real and come from witchcraft.'

Nah. I tried using 'Scourgify' to clean my house, but it didn't work.

Nah. I tried using 'Scourgify' to clean my house, but it didn't work.

The only time wingardium leviosa works on my kitties is when I combine it with a spray bottle.

That was hilarious to read. But the attitude of "Harry Potter is evil" isn't new. A relative of mine got flack years ago in her church community because she and her boys read the books. People used to protest the movies outside of theaters.

That was hilarious to read. But the attitude of "Harry Potter is evil" isn't new. A relative of mine got flack years ago in her church community because she and her boys read the books. People used to protest the movies outside of theaters.

Yes, these teens are a bit late for this, aren't they? :lol:

"sexually transmitted demons"? :lol:

Hey, I saw pictures of STI's on a giant movie screen when I went to basic training. You can't tell me that's not the work of Lucifer himself!

The town I used to live in fired a teacher for being a witch. She didn't attend church, which was discovered by the neighbors (a/k/a apprentice witchunters) who followed her around on Sundays, and she had Harry Potter books in her classroom.

There are many reasons I'm glad we moved.

The town I used to live in fired a teacher for being a witch. She didn't attend church, which was discovered by the neighbors (a/k/a apprentice witchunters) who followed her around on Sundays, and she had Harry Potter books in her classroom.

Guess there's no freedom of religion there. Mind blowing.

But Christians are being persecuted, y'all.

Also I am going to watch the s**t out of that documentary when it airs on Thursday. Good entertainment, y'all!

I really, really want BBC America to air the documentary. Probably won't happen, but I can hope.

this family are just big scammers racking in the bucks. who knows if they really believe? Of course they are experts even the girls. but I think they need to be exercised because they are sure possessed.

Did you also travel forward in time about 400 years?

Good god.

Harry Potter is fantasy, plain and simple. They are ignorant and have no idea about anyone else's spiritual path.

Quick! Save everybody from the books published over a decade ago! Must stop those silly EU folks from reading something written there in the first place. Because 'Murrika.

The irony of it all is that I find Christians to be intolerant and what I would call evil. most pagans and witches I've met are good, down to earth people with a live and let live philosophy. I have spent time reading "testimony" of former "witches" turned Christian and I do not find their stories to be believable. They are seemingly spewing the same stories that go along with the Christian beliefs in paganism and not based in anything factual.

Did you also travel forward in time about 400 years?

Good god.

Unfortunately that sounds like where I used to live, in the Bible belt. We even had the local Christian university to run the town. We were sooo lucky! :ew: And I'm not kidding when I say they ran the town. They even told the cable company which channels not to air, so if you lived in that county you couldn't watch comedy central. :angry-banghead:

So I'm guessing you lived in the bible belt too Ariel?

They look super familiar to me... I think they might have been on an episode of a TV show, maybe Taboo (National Geographic)? I remember watching a show about exorcisms and there was a group of teenagers who did them along with a guy who was I think one girl's dad, and they came off really weird/Botkin-like. They showed other people who performed exorcisms, and they didn't give me the creepy vibe like that group did. Anyway I think those girls are the ones I saw.

Yeah, they are a little late to the game ;) This was really early, maybe around the third movie, my sister had a friend over and when his mom came to pick him up my mom was showing her the house, and she freaked out about the fact that I had Harry Potter posters on the wall in our basement. Full-on tirade about how it was the devil and my parents were corrupting us, etc. I wasn't there and I've always been sad I did not get to witness that firsthand lol. My sister never had that friend over again and it turned out to be a good decision as the mom is now infamous in our hometown for being the wolf-crier/resident fundy (she is non-denominational Christian)/conspiracy theorist/etc. She loves to write letters to the editor of our local paper about things like an elementary school teacher reading "Oliver Burton is Not a Sissy" aloud to her class (b/c we need to promote manliness).

I love how the dad talks about how it's unfair that you are supposed to give spirituality advice/help away for free. I mean, at least he's honest about it.

Archived