IGNORED

Tim Tebow cut by the Patriots

SPHASH

New Yorker, actually. We have more than a passing acquaintance with tragic sports teams around here. I once participated in a "smudging" on the plaza in front of Madison Square Garden in an attempt to dispell the bad karma preventing the Knicks from winning. :cry:

Please send some of that smudge SSM's way. Although I would bet good money that the smudge would turn around and run for the hills. Too much bad karma to even begin to squash. :D

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please send some of that smudge SSM's way. Although I would bet good money that the smudge would turn around and run for the hills. Too much bad karma to even begin to squash. :D

Some things are beyond smudging--you'd have to burn acres of sage to make a dent in the bad karma.

And I'm not talking just about the Knicks, mind you...

Many fairly recent (going back 10-15 years) Heisman winners have had jinxed careers. Either they get injured and their careers end early, or they just flat out can't play, whether they're QBs, RBs, OL, DB, whatever. Charles Woodson, who famously posed as the Heisman Trophy when he was still playing for Michigan, was a huge bust for the Raiders when he was first drafted, but grew his ass up in Green Bay and is now back in Oakland, mentoring young DBs.

Personally, look at Johnny Football and how he acted in his first game back on Saturday. I wouldn't touch a Heisman winner with a ten foot pole; the planet cannot contain the size of most of their swollen noggins once they win the thing.

Still hate Tebow and glad he's out of football. If the Raiders passed on him (which they did), he's likely done-zo.

The last Heiman winner to have a decent pro career was Eddie George and he won it in '95.

Many fairly recent (going back 10-15 years) Heisman winners have had jinxed careers. Either they get injured and their careers end early, or they just flat out can't play, whether they're QBs, RBs, OL, DB, whatever. Charles Woodson, who famously posed as the Heisman Trophy when he was still playing for Michigan, was a huge bust for the Raiders when he was first drafted, but grew his ass up in Green Bay and is now back in Oakland, mentoring young DBs.

Personally, look at Johnny Football and how he acted in his first game back on Saturday. I wouldn't touch a Heisman winner with a ten foot pole; the planet cannot contain the size of most of their swollen noggins once they win the thing.

Still hate Tebow and glad he's out of football. If the Raiders passed on him (which they did), he's likely done-zo.

The last Heiman winner to have a decent pro career was Eddie George who won it in '95 and was a running back. I can't even think of a Heisman winning QB who had success in the NFL.

Yeah, but wasn't Eddie George's heisman broken at the airport on his way home? Maybe that's why he did well - broken trophy, broken curse :lol:

The last Heiman winner to have a decent pro career was Eddie George who won it in '95 and was a running back. I can't even think of a Heisman winning QB who had success in the NFL.

Jim Plunkett, but we're going back over 40 years.

I agree with what many have said about many Heisman winners being busts in the NFL. Some of Tebow's defenders will use the whole "He won the Heisman and has talent" to try and defend him but it fails. I think his defenders don't understand that the NFL is different than college football.

I think Tebow will end up taking over his daddy's ministry or maybe he will try coaching football at the college level.

Sam Bradford is a Heisman winning QB who plays for the Rams. The jury is still out on whether he will be successful in the NFL but with the exception of a bad sophomore season he's been better than about 1/3rd of the current crop of QB's. In his first season in the NFL, Bradford set the record for most completions by a rookie in NFL history, which helped earn him the Offensive Rookie of the Year award

I agree with what many have said about many Heisman winners being busts in the NFL. Some of Tebow's defenders will use the whole "He won the Heisman and has talent" to try and defend him but it fails. I think his defenders don't understand that the NFL is different than college football.

I think Tebow will end up taking over his daddy's ministry or maybe he will try coaching football at the college level.

That's what I think might happen with Tebow.

Interesting article that discusses how fast Tebow's skills have degraded since he played @ Florida. It argues that he's now not fit for Arena League football. I'm thinking the Bible verses in the eye black pissed off the true Football Gods....

:nenner:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1745 ... ena-league

[not broken because standard news]

That's what I think might happen with Tebow.

It doesn't seem like those jobs are big enough for his ego. I'm betting he turns up as a spokesperson for some right-wing Christian PAC. Hey, if FRC is willing to hire Smuggar...

Maybe Timmy will end up as Josh's replacement when he is let go moves on from FRC! Hmmmm...has potential, I think, especially in attracting a younger audience.

I can't even think of a Heisman winning QB who had success in the NFL.

It's early days, but Robert Griffen III, QB for Washington, won the Heisman in 2011, and may be on his way to being a very good NFL QB. Time will tell.

It's early days, but Robert Griffen III, QB for Washington, won the Heisman in 2011, and may be on his way to being a very good NFL QB. Time will tell.

I agree with this. I didn't mind the attention RG3 got last season, I thought he was deserving it unlike Tebow the year before.

If RG3 can overcome his injuries he should be decent, we'll see in a few years.

Kind-of funny that Kluwe got cut. I like him and everything, but he wore a Raiders cap while being the Grand Marshall at the Twin Cities Gay Pride parade. That wasn't very cool. (I understand not wearing a Vikings cap, but then wear a rainbow cap or something.)

His leg humpers will still play the persecution card.

I seriously doubt he's the only christian in the NFL. Just the only one who likes to show off his faith.

And sticking with being a QB when he's deeply unsuited for it seemed to be due to his pride and lack of humility.

It's SATAN! Massachusetts harboured witches in Colonial days, and it's obvious that SATAN is still controlling the hearts of its citizens (or the NE Patriots front office). Patriots fans have been deceived by the cute butt defrauding countenance of Tom Brady, and have turned away from THE LORD's quarterback. May your team suffer the wrath of GOD in the form of plentiful fumbles, tragic interceptions, and incompetent referees! Turning away from Tebow JESUS will turn your football season into a season of despair!

Let us pray...that the NY Jets don't sign him. Again.

My husband said "don't people know that Jesus is a Notre Dame fan?"

Raiders now have Chris Kluwe(my next boyfriend) so it would be interesting to see them on the same team.Chris would make mincemeat.

Kluwe was on Conan tonight. I told MrShadowy that he was going to be my next boyfriend, and even though MrShadowy likes football, he didn't know who Kluwe was. When I told him Kluwe was a punter, all he had to say was "you need to date someone who makes more than the league minimum." ("But he has a book deal, too," says me). All this while I was nursing our two-week old baby (and it's our wedding anniversary).

I seriously doubt he's the only christian in the NFL. Just the only one who likes to show off his faith.

And sticking with being a QB when he's deeply unsuited for it seemed to be due to his pride and lack of humility.

There have been too many players to count that have mentioned their faith but they briefly mention it and move on. When they win the Super Bowl, MVP or recover from an injury, they usually mention God. The difference is that these players usually play the game well so there is something else to focus on other than their faith. With Tebow, there really isn't anything to discuss other than his faith. You can't talk about his spectacular passing game because it doesn't exist. Finally, Tebow is white, good looking and very outspoken about his faith. He is what the over zealous think a good Christian should look and act like. If Tebow was black, the obsessed Tebow fans would not exist and the conversation wouldn't exist.

Kind-of funny that Kluwe got cut. I like him and everything, but he wore a Raiders cap while being the Grand Marshall at the Twin Cities Gay Pride parade. That wasn't very cool. (I understand not wearing a Vikings cap, but then wear a rainbow cap or something.)

Have you read his response to some homophobe asshole? He can do no wrong from that point on for me.

Think of all the Super Bowl winning QBs in the last ten years: Eli Manning x2 Peyton Manning. Tom Brady x2 Ben Rothliesberger x2 Aaron Rodgers. Joe Flacco. Drew Brees. None of them won a Heisman. In fact the past 10 Heisman winners have never played in a Super Bowl and the only Heisman winner to play in a Super Bowl in the past 10 years is Charles Woodson. Take that Tebow humpers!

I have to say that Chris became my next boyfriend after reading all his responses to homophobia, I had no idea who he was but read his lustful cockmeister piece and decided he was mine. I almost got Raiders tickets this year, cutting him saved me money because now I don't have to go.

I have to say that Chris became my next boyfriend after reading all his responses to homophobia, I had no idea who he was but read his lustful cockmeister piece and decided he was mine. I almost got Raiders tickets this year, cutting him saved me money because now I don't have to go.

I really thought you wrote "Christ became my next boyfriend" when I first read your post...

Archived