IGNORED

Tim Tebow cut by the Patriots

SPHASH

He's welcome to join the Packers. But only 'cuz they'd need divine intervention to win if Aaron Rodgers went down.

I am sure we will see plenty of him when he becomes a new televangelist or mega church operator. or a pat Robertson replacement.

Or a senator.

Quick, find this boy a job, NFL!!!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's welcome to join the Packers. But only 'cuz they'd need divine intervention to win if Aaron Rodgers went down.

Or a senator.

Quick, find this boy a job, NFL!!!!

The next GOP looser just great just what we need :banana-dreads:

There is always the CFL.

That is not going to happen. The shorter/wider field makes it a passing league. Tebow's main problem is that he has a weird throwing motion and tunnel vision on his receivers making him an extremely inconsistent passer.

That is not going to happen. The shorter/wider field makes it a passing league. Tebow's main problem is that he has a weird throwing motion and tunnel vision on his receivers making him an extremely inconsistent passer.

I didn't know that but I do know that Ricky Ray who was cut by the Jets has done extremely well in the CFL.

Tebow, is hot as hell. Have you ever seen him shirtless? Yummy, but he is the ultimate,"don't ruin it by talking."

I love that people who admittedly don't watch football are going to...wait for it...stop watching football. Um, what? :lol: I don't understand why people get all up in arms about a SHITTY player getting cut. I get all up in arms when teams don't cut shitty players. If I'm going to pay ridiculous money to watch a game, I want good players, damnit. I've booed Alex Smith (I'm sorry boo but you really sucked back then) at live games because I drove all kinds and paid $30 just to park in some dirt lot and some more moola to watch football. This is entertainment. We want good players, not dudes who are pretty to look at and are "Good Christians".

Close but not quite. Eric tried wide receiver with the Rams but got injured. He played safety in Europe for awhile after that. The issue for him in the NFL was his height (6' even and having seen him in person a couple of times, I think that may be if he stretches), not a complete inability to throw a football. He played QB in the CFL for a short time as well.

He currently does analysis for BTN and sells recreational and playground equipment. He also works with the Great Plains Region ADL as a spokesperson for the No Place for Hate program in schools.

Okay, I may be wrong about his current career but I remember that he quit the Rams because he did not want to play wide receiver. He's on record as saying that he didn't give it a chance because he wanted to play quarterback. No idea about the CFL. Maybe Tebow can catch on there.

Raiders now have Chris Kluwe(my next boyfriend) so it would be interesting to see them on the same team.Chris would make mincemeat.

Okay, I may be wrong about his current career but I remember that he quit the Rams because he did not want to play wide receiver. He's on record as saying that he didn't give it a chance because he wanted to play quarterback. No idea about the CFL. Maybe Tebow can catch on there.

It was a combination of things including a lot of injuries, in the most recent interview about it, he said that not being able to be injury free at any point in his pro career (in NFL camp, in Europe or in the CFL) impacted his state of mind about all of it including the position issue. He likely is not tall enough to have had much success as a receiver either.

He really doesn't deserve to be compared to an arrogant prick like Tebow who has not been hampered by injuries or his physical size. There was never an expectation that Crouch would have much of an NFL career from the start because he has to stretch to make six feet and was a step too slow to be a running back. Maybe a few die hard Nebraska fans thought so, but not even the majority here expected it. Tebow on the other hand has the physical ability and size to be a full back perhaps and won't.

Also, Tebow is a fundy and Crouch is volunteering for an ADL campaign to teach tolerance and stop bullying in schools. For that alone, he deserves to not have to be compared to Tebow.

It must have been the will of God; or of Satan controlling the Patriots' coach's minds! Either way is explainable to the fundies of why Tebow was dismissed. :roll: It can't be that they thought his publicity "stunts" if you could call them that would ruin the Patriots' image or that he just wasn't a good football player. No, it can't be!

Raiders now have Chris Kluwe(my next boyfriend) so it would be interesting to see them on the same team.Chris would make mincemeat.

I was just going to post this.

"If I can't be quarterback I'm going to take my ball and go home." Let's hope he is forced to live up to it.

Yeah it sounds like a bit of a temper tantrum. It's breaking my heart, I'm telling ya :violin:

Kluwe just got cut by the Raiders. Maybe he will make his way back to Minny. Now Tebow's leghumpers can't say he was cut because of his beliefs.

Kluwe just got cut by the Raiders. Maybe he will make his way back to Minny. Now Tebow's leghumpers can't say he was cut because of his beliefs.

His leg humpers will still play the persecution card.

It was a combination of things including a lot of injuries, in the most recent interview about it, he said that not being able to be injury free at any point in his pro career (in NFL camp, in Europe or in the CFL) impacted his state of mind about all of it including the position issue. He likely is not tall enough to have had much success as a receiver either.

He really doesn't deserve to be compared to an arrogant prick like Tebow who has not been hampered by injuries or his physical size. There was never an expectation that Crouch would have much of an NFL career from the start because he has to stretch to make six feet and was a step too slow to be a running back. Maybe a few die hard Nebraska fans thought so, but not even the majority here expected it. Tebow on the other hand has the physical ability and size to be a full back perhaps and won't.

Also, Tebow is a fundy and Crouch is volunteering for an ADL campaign to teach tolerance and stop bullying in schools. For that alone, he deserves to not have to be compared to Tebow.

The only comparison I was making to Tebow is that Eric Crouch was a Heisman winner. Eric Crouch (for whatever reasons could not play in the NFL as a quarterback) and for a limited period of time played another position before he quit. That is all. I do not care for Tebow but the statement that any Heisman winning quarterback should be able to play in the NFL is bunk.

Won't surprise me if he starts showing up in ads for Christian businesses...

I expect him to appear in the daily spam I get for/from Christian Mingle.

Many fairly recent (going back 10-15 years) Heisman winners have had jinxed careers. Either they get injured and their careers end early, or they just flat out can't play, whether they're QBs, RBs, OL, DB, whatever. Charles Woodson, who famously posed as the Heisman Trophy when he was still playing for Michigan, was a huge bust for the Raiders when he was first drafted, but grew his ass up in Green Bay and is now back in Oakland, mentoring young DBs.

Personally, look at Johnny Football and how he acted in his first game back on Saturday. I wouldn't touch a Heisman winner with a ten foot pole; the planet cannot contain the size of most of their swollen noggins once they win the thing.

Still hate Tebow and glad he's out of football. If the Raiders passed on him (which they did), he's likely done-zo.

It's SATAN! Massachusetts harboured witches in Colonial days, and it's obvious that SATAN is still controlling the hearts of its citizens (or the NE Patriots front office). Patriots fans have been deceived by the cute butt defrauding countenance of Tom Brady, and have turned away from THE LORD's quarterback. May your team suffer the wrath of GOD in the form of plentiful fumbles, tragic interceptions, and incompetent referees! Turning away from Tebow JESUS will turn your football season into a season of despair!

You must live in Massachusetts, you described us so perfectly :lol:

New Yorker, actually. We have more than a passing acquaintance with tragic sports teams around here. I once participated in a "smudging" on the plaza in front of Madison Square Garden in an attempt to dispell the bad karma preventing the Knicks from winning. :cry:

Archived