IGNORED

Tim Tebow cut by the Patriots

SPHASH

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/i ... d-patriots

The New England Patriots released Tim Tebow on Saturday, a move that leaves the polarizing quarterback's future in doubt.

The Pats' decision to cut ties with Tebow before Saturday's 6 p.m. ET 53-man roster deadline was first reported by ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Tebow, who signed with the Patriots in June, struggled to find consistency throughout the preseason, completing 11 of 30 passes for 145 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions in three games. He also ran 16 times for 91 yards.

Tebow took to Twitter to thank the Patriots.

Stick a fork in him, he is done!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only way he is going to stay in the league is if he switches to TE or FB, and his ego is too big for him to do that.

It's SATAN! Massachusetts harboured witches in Colonial days, and it's obvious that SATAN is still controlling the hearts of its citizens (or the NE Patriots front office). Patriots fans have been deceived by the cute butt defrauding countenance of Tom Brady, and have turned away from THE LORD's quarterback. May your team suffer the wrath of GOD in the form of plentiful fumbles, tragic interceptions, and incompetent referees! Turning away from Tebow JESUS will turn your football season into a season of despair!

Let us pray...that the NY Jets don't sign him. Again.

Someone tweeted: This is like seeing the guy who made fun of you in high school fail as an adult, and this time he's the virgin.

Eta: I think the person who tweeted it is named Chase Mitchell.

Maybe he'll hook up with Sarah Maxwell. One can hope.

Or perhaps with a Duggar? There are so many to choose from, and we know JimBob loves football, even if Timmy didn't play for the Razorbacks.

Dear God, please don't let the Jets re-sign this shmuck. Haven't their fans suffered enough?

Edited to add: the banner ad I'm seeing on this thread is for NFL team apparel, featuring Dallas Cowboys paraphernalia. Is this a sign from God? Tebow, I think God is trying to send you a message!

Or perhaps with a Duggar? There are so many to choose from, and we know JimBob loves football, even if Timmy didn't play for the Razorbacks.

Dear God, please don't let the Jets re-sign this shmuck. Haven't their fans suffered enough?

Edited to add: the banner ad I'm seeing on this thread is for NFL team apparel, featuring Dallas Cowboys paraphernalia. Is this a sign from God? Tebow, I think God is trying to send you a message!

Anyone but the Vikings!

The Raiders are in dire need of warm bodies at QB. If there is a God, pleaseto tell him keep Tebow out of the cesspool of blue-city sin that is Oakland. We have enough problems without bringing in Timmeh and all the baggage that comes with.

The Raiders are in dire need of warm bodies at QB. If there is a God, pleaseto tell him keep Tebow out of the cesspool of blue-city sin that is Oakland. We have enough problems without bringing in Timmeh and all the baggage that comes with.

AMEN.

I mean, I don't follow the Raiders well enough to know why they stink. But I cosign all the rest. I can't imagine he would be happy here.

Why did Jesus let this happen to him?

Maybe because he kept violating the big rule about not making a show of praying in public?

Even Jesus is getting tired of your shit, Timmy.

For some big fun, please visit his Facebook fan club. Here is an exchange:

Fan Club Member: So the NFL is saying there is just no place for a successful, Christian, Heisman Trophy winning quarterback? Really? Not that I watch a lot of football anyway - but I think my decision to boycott the NFL has just been made

Someone with sense in his head: You're a moron. Obviously you DON'T know a lot about football. 3 teams didn't cut him because he's a Christian. They cut him because he can't throw a football or read an NFL defense. He could have a great NFL career if he decided to be a tight end or H Back. He insists he still wants to be an NFL QB. SORRY but you throw like Joe Namath. Unfortunately Joe Namath is 70 years old and you throw like him NOW and not when he was playing. Yes Bruce A. McCrary God has a plan. He wants Tim to play a different position. One that he gave him the talent to play. LOTS of people win the Heisman Trophy Steven Lechner but are a bust in the NFL. Google Heisman NFL busts & you'll see a whole string of them.

Someone with sense, cont.: Oh & you keep up that boycott of the NFL (name omitted). The commissioner is quaking in his boots.

:lol:

My husband said, "The NFL has always persecuted guys who can't throw a ball."

I don't even like football, but this makes me inordinately happy. It's karma, baby.

For some big fun, please visit his Facebook fan club. Here is an exchange:

Another entry in "How to Undermine Your Own Stupid Boycott."

Lots of Heisman winners couldn't cut it in the NFL. Eric Crouch, the Nebraska quarterback, like Tebow refused to play a different position. I believe he is now a used car salesman. Time for Timmy to move on and let the rest of us get over Tebow fatigue.

Lots of Heisman winners couldn't cut it in the NFL. Eric Crouch, the Nebraska quarterback, like Tebow refused to play a different position. I believe he is now a used car salesman. Time for Timmy to move on and let the rest of us get over Tebow fatigue.

Don't understand why Tebow won't play a different position if he expects to have a longer career in football. Don't know if he does, but if he wants to keep his career going, he's gotta be a bit flexible here.

But hey, if it spares us the "prayer acting", maybe it's a good thing.

Close but not quite. Eric tried wide receiver with the Rams but got injured. He played safety in Europe for awhile after that. The issue for him in the NFL was his height (6' even and having seen him in person a couple of times, I think that may be if he stretches), not a complete inability to throw a football. He played QB in the CFL for a short time as well.

He currently does analysis for BTN and sells recreational and playground equipment. He also works with the Great Plains Region ADL as a spokesperson for the No Place for Hate program in schools.

Don't understand why Tebow won't play a different position if he expects to have a longer career in football. Don't know if he does, but if he wants to keep his career going, he's gotta be a bit flexible here.

But hey, if it spares us the "prayer acting", maybe it's a good thing.

Because he's an arrogant prick.

Oh, no, that means the Eagles are picking him up, doesn't it?

Archived