IGNORED

Here we go again: bearded gospel men

MamaJunebug

https://www.facebook.com/BeardedGospelMen

Disclaimer: I have no problem with however a man wants to approach his facial hair. Personally far prefer moustaches, goatees, muttonchops, full beards that are kept clean and groomed, but as my roomie has little facial hair naturally, it'll never be an issue.

Point of this topic: Looks like patriarchy to me. Especially as I recognize the BGM logo as on a t-shirt worn by one of the Robertsons on Duck Dynasty, unless I miss my guess. They're sweet about it, but they're patriarchialists.

Disclaimer #2: Most of the founders of the branch of Lutheranism I grew up in were bearded. Partly because it was the style, partly (I suspect) to help insulate against the extremes of North American temperatures, which European immigrants probably weren't used to. The main point with me bringing up the old ones is: they preached law AND gospel, not just law, and certainly not a sausage-string of "principles" that attempted to corral every independent thought amongst their congregants.

The bearded Law And Gospel men don't bother me. The apparently patriarchalist ones? They do. :naughty:

Saw the title, thought it was a new Maxwell book :lol:

Trying to picture Mr Maxwell with a beard.... better yet, with a Duck Dynasty style beard. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived