IGNORED

Happy 20th Jacob Arndt

0 kids n not countin

Fun times.... :roll:

These boys are getting older and older (and their lives are going nowhere fast). There are now only 4 boys under the age of 20, and 3 boys under the age of 18.

IMG_20130827_101128.jpg

Today is Jacob’s 20th birthday!!

20130827_141744.jpg

Ooh, I'll take some fries.

Let's see:

--Photo taken in Mommy and Daddy's unnervingly tidy bedroom? Check.

--White shorts on Mommy? Check.

--Mommy holding on to hapless Arndt boy for dear life? Check.

Yep, this birthday photo is exactly like every other Arndt b-day photo taken this year, and probably last year, and the year before. What a relief.

What's with the pillows in the windows? Does it encourage slothfulness if they are on the bed?

Interesting that Mark opted out of the cake on the bed/in the bedroom and had his 30th birthday celebration - along with his photo with the FamParents - outside on the deck. And Mommy wasn't doing that clutching thing in the photo either.

Do the rules change when the children hit 30? Or did Mark put his foot down? He seems the most adult of the bunch and travels on his own quite a bit. Does he read out here? I'm sure the boys have been sent a link a few times over the years.

Mark, if you are reading here, get out. You'll survive just fine on your own and your parents, believe it or not, will probably forgive you sooner than you think. It's pretty clear you want a life of your own and it can't happen if you stay there and follow rules that simply aren't reasonable for a grown man to be required to follow. And the younger kids need a role model. Think of bright young Peter, who should be should be taking college prep classes so he can attend university in a few years. You know something isn't quite right here, and you are probably the one who is going to have to take the first step.

I haven't followed the arndts long. You're not kidding, momma Arndt really does only own that one pair of shorts. What does she wear in the winter?

What's with the pillows in the windows? Does it encourage slothfulness if they are on the bed?

I don't think the Arndts are too concerned about slothfulness. They allow/encourage (chronological) adult men to spend most of the day playing with toys and updating their weird website. They're not like the Maxwells, who spend every non-vacation, non-Bible minute doing make-work.

I haven't followed the arndts long. You're not kidding, momma Arndt really does only own that one pair of shorts. What does she wear in the winter?

I imagine a closet full of white shorts. :lol:

Dark trousers.

599034_10151561721089458_1545715862_n.jpg

The dad always wears the same thing to. The whole thing is strange. I hope Mark finds a woman soon he seems to have voiced a real desire. The desire just needs to take on the next step of action.

Am I the only one who is creeped out by the fact that they use their blog to talk to each other?

Mark, if you are reading here, get out. You'll survive just fine on your own and your parents, believe it or not, will probably forgive you sooner than you think. It's pretty clear you want a life of your own and it can't happen if you stay there and follow rules that simply aren't reasonable for a grown man to be required to follow. And the younger kids need a role model. Think of bright young Peter, who should be should be taking college prep classes so he can attend university in a few years. You know something isn't quite right here, and you are probably the one who is going to have to take the first step.

Yes, Mark, it's up to you to make the life you want happen. Not sure what you are waiting for but if it's for your parents' permission or something, remember you are an adult and do not need their permission for anything. Those days are long over. They will get over it. Might be a bit rocky at first, tho.

Take it from someone who has been there.

Dark trousers.

Note the strategic placement of young children to prevent Mom from clawing at her older sons' chests.

Dark trousers.

Well that actually makes sense. White shorts in the summer, dark pants in winter. :lol:

That Arndt mom creeps me out. Can you imagine her as your mother-in-law? She'd make Marie Barone (of Everybody Loves Raymond) seem mild.

Can we fix Mark up with Sarah Maxwell?

Sarah would spend her New Years Eves crying for her m-i-l's soul since she's obviously a shorts wearing heathen.

Can we fix Mark up with Sarah Maxwell?

I think it's probably been suggested to him.

I honestly think Mark - or any of the adult boys - needs to get out first to live and to learn a little about who he is as an individual before getting into a courtship. Courtship is a part of the bigger picture problem here. Their parents have been controlling every single aspect of their lives since they were born and the relationship between the siblings seems overly close, almost like some group co-dependency situation . Mark needs to develop some independence before he can sort out who he is and what he really believes before he jumps into a relationship with anyone.

Again with the damn creepy hand placement.

Agreed! When I first saw this photo, I thought, "Wait, didn't someone just post this photo about a month ago?" It's like the parents are wax figures or cardboard cutouts, just change the male standing in between them!

I just can't believe those birthday photos in the bedroom! It's not as if it provides a great backdrop for beautiful photography.

Doesn't anyone ever suggest that all these grown sons living at home is just plain weird? Any FJers in their area who could drop by and suggest renting small apartments to the men children?

Am I the only one who is creeped out by the fact that they use their blog to talk to each other?

Very, very weird. It would be less weird if they allow others to comment, but having it be all them all the time is just creepy. It is like they don't want to risk too much interaction with the outside world.

I looked at their facebook photos of the softball classic (there was a link posted on the famteam today section) and it seems like the turnout was kind of small. I'm comparing it to when they were on that "Kids by the Dozen" show and there were seemingly hundreds of folks at it. Kind of sad that it was so small this year, when it is such a big highlight for those babymen.

I looked at their facebook photos of the softball classic (there was a link posted on the famteam today section) and it seems like the turnout was kind of small. I'm comparing it to when they were on that "Kids by the Dozen" show and there were seemingly hundreds of folks at it. Kind of sad that it was so small this year, when it is such a big highlight for those babymen.

Good observation. I thought the same thing - small turnout. I think it's because nobody from the Cardinals showed up. Unless you've lived in this area, you would never realize how immensely popular the Cards are. Without them, the only draw are the Arndts themselves :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fun times.... :roll:

These boys are getting older and older (and their lives are going nowhere fast). There are now only 4 boys under the age of 20, and 3 boys under the age of 18.

IMG_20130827_101128.jpg

20130827_141744.jpg

This has to be some kind of control thing with Mama Arndt -- there is the hand on the midsection of the birthday child. :roll:

Not to defend the crazy Stepford Arndts, but I believe they're window seats in dormer windows, and you just can't tell well because of the sun glare on the windows. I have a window seat/dormer fetish. lol

ETA: Remove spoiler button. I don't even know how I did it. oops.

Archived