IGNORED

Happy 17th bday Mary Maxwell!

Justme

Next year you will be a legal adult ready to take on the world! :D Who am I kidding, she'll be ready to become a helpmeet or spinster in training. :(

Happy Birthday Mary. As happy as a birthday can be living in such a shitty place.

One more year til you can escape, although I cant see a Maxwell escaping, living after that would be like trying to adapt to the world after being raised locked in a box. They have no real world skills at all.

Oh Mary. I really honestly have less hope for her than any of the others. Steve's methods were perfected by the time she came al9ng. And, with her beauty, I think she may actually be the girl to marry young. Steve HAS to marry off at least one.

Why did I think her b'day was Hallowe'en? Wishful thinking, perhaps? lol

I think that's Anna. Steve and Teri took that as a sign to give up Halloween for good.

Happy Birthday Mary. I wonder how many more years before they kill off that spark in your eyes :( I pray you escape but I won't hold my breath.

Happy Birthday Mary. I wonder how many more years before they kill off that spark in your eyes :( I pray you escape but I won't hold my breath.

Considering the "But I love my daddy!" hands-over-her-heart bit at the Maxwell seminar crashing, I think whatever native spark that existed in her has long been extinguished.

Weird that in just another year they won't have a single legal child in their household, no one doing any homeschooling. Just adults.

Just read their post again. Poor Mary if she had a normal childhood, she would be preparing for her last year of High School & probably wondering what college she is going to go to. Instead all the post talked about was her love for Jesus & nothing else.

Weird that in just another year they won't have a single legal child in their household, no one doing any homeschooling. Just adults.

Makes you wonder what they do with their time.

"Computer projects" for the guys, dusting for the gals. Family Bible Time for all.

I have a soft spot for Mary. To me, she always looks honest and genuinely happy (how is that possible I don't know...). There's something in her eyes that make me feel she really enjoys her "life" (horrible, isn't it?). She just looks like a genuinely kind person, like her Grandma, too. I had some hope for her to experience a non-Maxwellian life in the future, but that über creepy heart shaped hand sign with "but I love my Daddy!" pretty much crushed it.

I think Mary really IS happy. After all, what does she have to compare her life too? She's been completely sheltered from birth, with virtually no contact with the outside world other than conference attendees and Stevus-approved "friends," her reading is strictly limited, her experience with popular culture is nil, and it's been pounded into her head that anything and everything that's "of the world" is evil. So it doesn't seem like a major stretch to me that she's as happy as can be with her lot in life. WE may think her life is sad, that her path is predetermined and her options non-existent, but I doubt that's how she sees things. As much as we pity her, she probably pities us as well and thinks we're going to burn in hell for all eternity.

Ah, what might have been...

A day in the life of Miss 17 Year Old Maxwell

4:45 am Get up. No one likes to get up at this time, but Miss M chose this time for that reason! It's so edifying!

4:50 am 5 minutes of "shut door" time in bathroom! What a blessing!

5:00 Bible memory work. This is SUCH fun! And SUCH a blessing!

5:20 Make coffee for the men.

5:25 Return to Bible memory work amazed at how glorious it is to serve the Lord by serving the men their coffee!

5:50 Begin breakfast prep! Sisters are up too, so "many hands make light work" How blessed we are to be able to serve in this unique way!

6:20 Write a cheerful welcome verse on the white board for breakfast discussion Dad was SO helpful to pick it for us last night!

6:30 Pilates with my sisters

6:40 Sit at the table for breakfast grace which Dad is SO WISE in offering.

6:45 Eat tasteless shredded wheat with no sugar since it's Satanic and only canned orange juice since real orange juice might become an idol. We are GRATEFUL for the bitter aftertaste! it takes away evil PRIDE!

7:00 Bible time with Dad in the living room. Sisters sit on the floor so we can properly look up at the men who are so WISE.

8:45 Bible time over we now move into our chores! These continue to bless us!! Brilliant white cotton underwear is a way for us to show our love for Dad and the brothers and to recognize their Godly character! Cleaning a perfectly clean house daily teaches us diligence and prepares us to be loving wives always attuned to our future husband's happiness. A man can not be expected to deliver a quiverfull of potential arrows to a woman who has an untidy house. Untidy house + barren womb.

11:40 Two more minutes of "shut door" bathroom time! How marvelous to have time in my prayer closet!

11:45 Begin lunch preparations. As a fun treat for Dad and the brothers we've drawn a cross in the peanut butter and dripped raspberry jam to look like the blood of Jesus. So inspiring!

12:00 lunch and Daddy's sermon. How blessed we are to have a father with such wisdom.

1:45 Play time with the little ones!! They are soooooo precious! And what a Godly Servant's hearts each of the little girls have developed! The PRECIOUS aprons they wear to help us clean up lunch are so sweet! And the boy is so manly. He did not even think of putting his own plate in the dishwasher like the little girls already do! A Godly young man who will make some little girl are wise husband and spiritual leader some day!

2:00 Hymn singing time. This is such a BLESSING! I was blessed to play my bowed psaltery during this time. It is so precious to make a joyful noise unto the Lord in this way.

4:15 Bible Memory Work

5:00 "Warehouse" work. We had such fun!! We assembled more than FORTY books! God is so good!!

5:45 Begin dinner prep with sisters.

6:30 Sit for dinner grace. Dad's "fun" idea of trying to recite the New Testament while we ate was so fun! We were certainly abuzz with the Good News! And the burritos were YUMMY!!! What an awesome testimony Sarah gave on the idol that is cheese! We were so blessed! We realized how selfish we were being eating cheese on our burritos.

7:00 Evening Bible Time with Dad! This is the best time of the day!! We were SO blessed! Mom was such a great example to us sisters! She always listens so attentively to Dad. She is truly a helpmeet to him.

9:05 Two minutes of "shut door" bathroom time which I used to glorify the Lord!!

10:00 Bedtime devotions with Dad! What a blessing to go off to sleep with God's word in our ears.

I'd love to do the rest---the part she's REALLY thinking! But, knowing "Dad" I'd probably get a lawsuit! :stir-pot:

4:45 am Get up. No one likes to get up at this time, but Miss M chose this time for that reason! It's so edifying!

5:25 Return to Bible memory work amazed at how glorious it is to serve the Lord by serving the men their coffee!

5:50 Begin breakfast prep! Sisters are up too, so "many hands make light work" How blessed we are to be able to serve in this unique way!

6:20 Write a cheerful welcome verse on the white board for breakfast discussion Dad was SO helpful to pick it for us last night!

6:45 Eat tasteless shredded wheat with no sugar since it's Satanic and only canned orange juice since real orange juice might become an idol. We are GRATEFUL for the bitter aftertaste! it takes away evil PRIDE!

7:00 Bible time with Dad in the living room. Sisters sit on the floor so we can properly look up at the men who are so WISE.

8:45 Bible time over we now move into our chores! These continue to bless us!! Brilliant white cotton underwear is a way for us to show our love for Dad and the brothers and to recognize their Godly character! Cleaning a perfectly clean house daily teaches us diligence and prepares us to be loving wives always attuned to our future husband's happiness. A man can not be expected to deliver a quiverfull of potential arrows to a woman who has an untidy house. Untidy house + barren womb.

11:40 Two more minutes of "shut door" bathroom time! How marvelous to have time in my prayer closet!

11:45 Begin lunch preparations. As a fun treat for Dad and the brothers we've drawn a cross in the peanut butter and dripped raspberry jam to look like the blood of Jesus. So inspiring!

12:00 lunch and Daddy's sermon. How blessed we are to have a father with such wisdom.

1:45 Play time with the little ones!! They are soooooo precious! And what a Godly Servant's hearts each of the little girls have developed! The PRECIOUS aprons they wear to help us clean up lunch are so sweet! And the boy is so manly. He did not even think of putting his own plate in the dishwasher like the little girls already do! A Godly young man who will make some little girl are wise husband and spiritual leader some day!

2:00 Hymn singing time. This is such a BLESSING! I was blessed to play my bowed psaltery during this time. It is so precious to make a joyful noise unto the Lord in this way.

5:00 "Warehouse" work. We had such fun!! We assembled more than FORTY books! God is so good!!

6:30 Sit for dinner grace. Dad's "fun" idea of trying to recite the New Testament while we ate was so fun! We were certainly abuzz with the Good News! And the burritos were YUMMY!!! What an awesome testimony Sarah gave on the idol that is cheese! We were so blessed! We realized how selfish we were being eating cheese on our burritos.

7:00 Evening Bible Time with Dad! This is the best time of the day!! We were SO blessed! Mom was such a great example to us sisters! She always listens so attentively to Dad. She is truly a helpmeet to him.

9:05 Two minutes of "shut door" bathroom time which I used to glorify the Lord!!

10:00 Bedtime devotions with Dad! What a blessing to go off to sleep with God's word in our ears.

I'd love to do the rest---the part she's REALLY thinking! But, knowing "Dad" I'd probably get a lawsuit! :stir-pot:

This would be very funny if it was not true.

At 17 she should be out looking at colleges and getting ready for the next chapter in her life. Preparing to become an indepentent adult, exploring her passions and having fun. Not being a prisioner in her own house. SO SAD

I wonder how much longer the family can carry on this charade? By next year, all their children will be grown. Homeschooling will be at an end. They can continue to sell their lifestyle books, but it's going to look pitiful that only 2 of their 8 grown children are out of the house, living independently. Even the younger (adult) boys, who they brag about having all those skills, are still living at home. None of the girls are married even though they are all now at an age to court. It's just sad to see Mary reaching young adulthood like this with no future plans in sight except to wait for Prince Charming to come a'courtin'. And judging by older sister Sarah's track record, Mary will be in for a very long wait.

The saddest part I feel about Mary is her lose of potential and her ignorance of what the wider world has to offer. She knows of no other life. Unlike the oldest Maxwell children, she's never experienced "normality". Unlike the brothers, she's never interacted with the outside world (through work). And being the youngest, she's experienced the full force of Maxwell craziness. I want to wish her a happy birthday, but what's there to be happy about? She can look forward to years and years of Bible Study, cleaning, doing "lectures" on her family Inspire!Conferences and commiserating with older sis Sarah on her impending spinsterhood. Happy Birthday, Mary.

Hi Mela:)!

yeah I was just wondering that as I scrolled down. Gosh, I know I only work 24 hrs/week outside the home, but I am the primary caregiver of my 2 yr old & do almost everything around the house, & feel I should be thrilled to only have to deal with as much as I do. I just CANNOT image the luxury of the extra time stretching ahead of her until she becomes her husband's helpmeet. Then reality sets in, and I remember she has to live under those hideous strict rules of Steve's & that she would not be allowed to do what I would if I had that time- volunteer, lie around reading & eating too much candy, going on walks with family (without multitasking it into more Bible time!!) and realize how much better I have it!!!!!eleventy!

I think thats why they do their chores so often by doing the chores that most people do once a month every single day-to keep them busy as there is nothing else to do. There are no children to look after full time, only one homeschooler, who at 17 probably does not need much instruction or supervision, the girls dont work, they dont have social lives, and they are not allowed to do anything else that most people do on an average day, such as reading, watching TV, listening to music, taking long baths (I imagine a 5 minute cold shower to ensure no sinful masturbation happens), sitting relaxing, playing sports, using the internet...

they can continue to sell their lifestyle books, but it's going to look pitiful that only 2 of their 8 grown children are out of the house, living independently. Even the younger (adult) boys, who they brag about having all those skills, are still living at home. None of the girls are married even though they are all now at an age to court.

The people who are buying their line WANT families that are UNITED. They want children who will be obedient. They will buy the party-line that Sarah LOVES helping her family and is perfectly happy at home, etc.

It boggles my mind that a family where no one has a 9-5 job gets up at 4:45 a.m. Even with going to bed at 9, that means the youngest Maxwells are not even getting 8 hours of sleep. They could easily get up at 6 and get all their stuff done, whatever that may be.

I just don't think that's enough sleep for a teenager/young adult.

I'm hoping they will update the schedules they put on their web site to show what all of those adults are doing with their time.

I get the feeling that Steve will marry off Anna and Mary in the next few years. Mary is very pretty and I bet once she turns 18, she will have at least one courtship offer.

The scariest part, in my estimation, is that no one in the family READS. No fiction is allowed, and they have access to precious little nonfiction. I would go insane. No, that is NOT an exaggeration.

It boggles my mind that a family where no one has a 9-5 job gets up at 4:45 a.m. Even with going to bed at 9, that means the youngest Maxwells are not even getting 8 hours of sleep. They could easily get up at 6 and get all their stuff done, whatever that may be.

I just don't think that's enough sleep for a teenager/young adult.

I'm hoping they will update the schedules they put on their web site to show what all of those adults are doing with their time.

Good point. Sleep deprivation and underfeeding keeps the Maxwelettes happy in Maxhell.

I get the feeling that Steve will marry off Anna and Mary in the next few years. Mary is very pretty and I bet once she turns 18, she will have at least one courtship offer.

Mary is beautiful and will get some offers for sure, but could Steve bear to let her go? Would any man be happy to live down the road and join in the OneTonRamp moneymakers? And would she want to go - I mean she is sheltered beyond words, her family is ALL she knows.

Next day same as the first. The day after that more of the same. Then they go on holiday. So, exactly the same again but in a different place; with hiking thrown in to show how different holidays are from 'real life'!

Archived