IGNORED

Stop Persecuting Kirk Cameron!!!! - Merge

ThisOlGirl

I have an overwhelming HATRED for Mike Seaver.....ever since I started watching his "Christian Show" (The way of the master.......such great Christian values) on cable. The vile hatred he spews from his mouth is enough to send me screaming from the room. Does this idiot even understand WHO Jesus was and what his message was all about???? Idiot!

I do especially like when my husband sloooooowly begins to move things within throwing distance incase I break his flat screen tho.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I literally came to FJ to see if people had commented on this topic yet. Kirk's sanctimonious persecution bullshit makes me want to puke.

My sister posted Kirk's plea on Facebook this morning. Glad to find discussion about it here calling it BS.

Yup half a dozen friends of mine on FB have posted it and not one is blocked. I wish FB would block him!

Ugh, I can't stand him!! So sanctimonious!! He just wants the free publicity for his crappy movie, which probably didn't have the money for actual promotions, so he goes and claims Facebook is blocking his movie, and poof, instant publicity.

Somebody asked him why he just doesn't pay to advertise his film like everyone else does. :lol:

ETA: Aaaaand he's doing the same thing with Youtube. Thankifully, our girl Sharon Bailgoat has chimed in:

Sharon Bailgoat-- People can't still be falling for this, right? What a super douche. AMEN™

Amen indeed, Sharon.

"I would be willing to bet that all non believers on this page voted for Obama, he is their leader!"

-comment on his FB post

I voted for Obama, but my reasons for it had nothing to do with my religious beliefs.

Quite frankly, I was far more interested in Obama's views on health care reform, and his belief in the idea that we all deserve competent healthcare regardless of one's socioeconomic status and ability to pay.

That, and I was tired of meeting people who had to sell everything they owned just so they could afford to keep their children alive.

But I guess 'ol Kirk has never had to strain himself and think outside of that particular box, huh?

How dissapointing, my facebook is too full of heathens for me to see this.

Kirk...oh Kirk. Well, I suppose he has done one better than the average child actor and has continued to work...albeit he found a very niche part of the industry.

Anyways, nothing made me LOL more than the birthday party his co-workers threw for him a few years ago. Just.so.sad.

Apparently Kirk Cameron has a movie coming out and Facebook won't let him promote it. So he's stickin' it to the man by encouraging his followers to repost this:

I'm calling BS on the whole thing. No one blocked him, this is just a really sad attempt to get the word out about his movie that nobody wants to see. Nice try though, & extra points (not really) for the No H8 campaign ripoff. You're so cool and edgy, Kirk! No wonder Doug Phillips is a tool has a picture of you hanging in his locker (covered in fuchsia lipstick kisses of course).

facebook.com/therealkirkcameron

Absolutely! Had a friend post this to facebook and replied by posting the link, which went through of course! Don't know if KC sent this out or some one else trying to stir up interest. Not a good PR move when it is easily disproved.

May be what happened is people against Kirk reported it as abusive and what ever, then FB blocked it. People were saying yes, its really blocked, they tried and Kirk was telling the truth, it wouldnt post. Then FB found out its not so serious it need to be blocked, now its not.

I dont like him and I was laughing at his problem, but I dont believe he was a lier. There are groups who target him and I think it was just his enemys who trash his movie to FB. Poor Kirk! :lol:

I have one FB friend who shared the link about Kirk's persecution...after a Google search, I found the ban had already been lifted. I figured it was BS, but if people were getting "don't go there" messages from their security programs, they likely would report the link. As Erma Gerd would say, "Is Satan blocking this site????"

As a side note, I was telling Mr. Wildcat the other day that I think it's hilarious how different Alan Thicke's "sons" ended up. The TV son is a poor, persecuted religious nut. The real son makes a video with balloons that inform us he has a big dick. Ha.

It offends me that Kunt Cameron can shit out a new movie every year, yet John Waters can't get backing for anything these days.

May be what happened is people against Kirk reported it as abusive and what ever, then FB blocked it. People were saying yes, its really blocked, they tried and Kirk was telling the truth, it wouldnt post. Then FB found out its not so serious it need to be blocked, now its not.

I dont like him and I was laughing at his problem, but I dont believe he was a lier. There are groups who target him and I think it was just his enemys who trash his movie to FB. Poor Kirk! :lol:

That is what happened, initially, to the Christian Left FB page. So many conservatives reported it that it was shut down for a while. That was when it first started.

You couldn't pay me to go see a Kirk Cameron affiliated movie. It is amazing that there are people who would actually sit through that tripe. It's not a matter of religious themes, it is a matter of shitty acting and production values. They are incapable of engaging the imagination of a wider audience because what they produce is so poor.

Another tool to fleece the evangelical sheep with......

You couldn't pay me to go see a Kirk Cameron affiliated movie. It is amazing that there are people who would actually sit through that tripe. It's not a matter of religious themes, it is a matter of shitty acting and production values. They are incapable of engaging the imagination of a wider audience because what they produce is so poor.

Another tool to fleece the evangelical sheep with......

I managed to sit through about five minutes of 'Fireproof' at a hotel (don't blame me, nothing else was on),... it was terrible. My fiance came into the room and said, and I quote, "What the hell is this crap?"

We watched Spongebob instead.

Kirk, you are a drama queen. Please go live a quiet life out of the spotlight where I never again have to hear of your foolishness.

I just watched the trailer. What I was consequently thinking was this....

WHAT THE HELL AM I WATCHING?! WHAT IS THIS STUPID FILM ABOUT?!

I'm autistic so I don't get metaphors as easily as other people. Were the supposed metaphors harder for you guys to understand to?

The founder of the Christian religion was beaten, stripped, nailed to boards, and left exposed to the elements where he’d eventually die by suffocation. This was not for any action of his, but merely because his claims and beliefs – words - were a political threat to the invasive foreign government that had conquered the territory where he lived.

One would think, on the basis of this alone, that Kirk Cameron would have a more…nuanced…view of what persecution actually looks like. Since he and his people obviously do not know the first thing about this topic, here's a happy, brief, grade-school-level overview for them.

Here’s a handy list of what persecution isn’t:

Being called s shitty actor isn’t persecution.

Having your site temporarily blocked by Facebook because one of your designers probably slipped some especially irritating cookies on there to sniff out personal information to tailor advertising – that’s not persecution.

Having a private site refuse to promote your material even if merely because site owners don’t like the content is not persecution.

Having people refuse to buy into your cheesy publicity stunt is not persecution.

People who vote for an opposing political candidate in an open and free election are not persecuting you. (Oh my God, people voted for Obama – a man whose policies have not damaged you in any tangible way. Poor wealthy famous whiny majority baby.)

Here’s what persecution is:

A concentrated effort by a ruling government to terrorize a minority group into silence or to wipe it out entirely – that’s persecution.

Having someone bomb your house because you identified it with a white surrender flag, which a conquering government entity ordered you to fly if you belong to a certain religious or political minority, is persecution.

Being tortured – as in physically terrorized and maimed and threatened with imminent death - for your ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or ancestry – all of that is persecution.

If the Obama administration issued an executive order that all openly Christian actors be blacklisted for their religious or/and political beliefs, even that would be persecution.

Oh, and just think, this post could be thousands of times more graphic.

The founder of the Christian religion was beaten, stripped, nailed to boards, and left exposed to the elements where he’d eventually die by suffocation. This was not for any action of his, but merely because his claims and beliefs – words - were a political threat to the invasive foreign government that had conquered the territory where he lived.

One would think, on the basis of this alone, that Kirk Cameron would have a more…nuanced…view of what persecution actually looks like. Since he and his people obviously do not know the first thing about this topic, here's a happy, brief, grade-school-level overview for them.

Here’s a handy list of what persecution isn’t:

Being called s shitty actor isn’t persecution.

Having your site temporarily blocked by Facebook because one of your designers probably slipped some especially irritating cookies on there to sniff out personal information to tailor advertising – that’s not persecution.

Having a private site refuse to promote your material even if merely because site owners don’t like the content is not persecution.

Having people refuse to buy into your cheesy publicity stunt is not persecution.

People who vote for an opposing political candidate in an open and free election are not persecuting you. (Oh my God, people voted for Obama – a man whose policies have not damaged you in any tangible way. Poor wealthy famous whiny majority baby.)

Here’s what persecution is:

A concentrated effort by a ruling government to terrorize a minority group into silence or to wipe it out entirely – that’s persecution.

Having someone bomb your house because you identified it with a white surrender flag, which a conquering government entity ordered you to fly if you belong to a certain religious or political minority, is persecution.

Being tortured – as in physically terrorized and maimed and threatened with imminent death - for your ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or ancestry – all of that is persecution.

If the Obama administration issued an executive order that all openly Christian actors be blacklisted for their religious or/and political beliefs, even that would be persecution.

Oh, and just think, this post could be thousands of times more graphic.

QFT !!!

Archived