IGNORED

Stop Persecuting Kirk Cameron!!!! - Merge

ThisOlGirl

Apparently Kirk Cameron has a movie coming out and Facebook won't let him promote it. So he's stickin' it to the man by encouraging his followers to repost this:

Calling all friends of Faith, Family, and Freedom! Facebook has officially "blocked" me and you (and everyone else) from posting any link to my new movie at UnstoppableTheMovieDOTcom, labeling the content as "abusive", "unsafe", and "spammy"! I can't even write the real link here, or Facebook would block this post too!! Try to post it yourself and see! We have been officially shut down by Facebook and unable to get any response from them. This is my most personal film about faith, hope, and love, and about why God allows bad things to happen to good people. What is "abusive" or "unsafe" about that?! Please help us encourage Facebook to unblock our website soon by sharing this post with your friends so more people can see this transparent, faith-building project.

I'm calling BS on the whole thing. No one blocked him, this is just a really sad attempt to get the word out about his movie that nobody wants to see. Nice try though, & extra points (not really) for the No H8 campaign ripoff. You're so cool and edgy, Kirk! No wonder Doug Phillips is a tool has a picture of you hanging in his locker (covered in fuchsia lipstick kisses of course).

facebook.com/therealkirkcameron

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently Kirk Cameron has a movie coming out and Facebook won't let him promote it. So he's stickin' it to the man by encouraging his followers to repost this:

I'm calling BS on the whole thing. No one blocked him, this is just a really sad attempt to get the word out about his movie that nobody wants to see. Nice try though, & extra points (not really) for the No H8 campaign ripoff. You're so cool and edgy, Kirk! No wonder Doug Phillips is a tool has a picture of you hanging in his locker (covered in fuchsia lipstick kisses of course).

I'll call BS too. He wants to attention and he knows his fanbase will pretty much do anything he says.

facebook.com/therealkirkcameron

How would Facebook even manage that? Considering some of the absolutely horrific stuff they do let people post, until someone reports it? (And even then half the time won't take it down...)

I mean, his movie can't be THAT bad, can it?

...or maybe I shouldn't ask...?

How would Facebook even manage that? Considering some of the absolutely horrific stuff they do let people post, until someone reports it? (And even then half the time won't take it down...)

I mean, his movie can't be THAT bad, can it?

...or maybe I shouldn't ask...?

I tried to go to the movie's website and I got a "Whoa! You sure you wanna go there?" message from McAffee. Maybe that's the problem, and people are reporting it as spam to Facebook. So I'm not sure what the movie is even about. I imagine it's not unlike the other schlock he's put out.

I still think the whole Facebook banned me!!!! Persecution!!! is a stunt.

I will not stop persecuting Mike Seaver. It is too much fun to stop.

Honestly, that little rant comes off as a spammy way to promote yet another one of his crappy films.

He made it up, for sure. The reasons posted thus far are reason enough to recognize that this is a bunch of crap designed to get his fan base in rally mode

I thought Real Christians[tm][/tm] weren't supposed to lie. Did somebody forget to tell Kirk?

One of my friends mentioned this on Facebook too, and she posted a screen shot of what came up when she tried to post the link.

qmzy52.jpg

The original photo had her Facebook page in the background, so I cropped it so you can only see the message. She later said how they lifted the ban on the link. I thought it was odd. :shrug:

I tried to go to the movie's website and I got a "Whoa! You sure you wanna go there?" message from McAffee. Maybe that's the problem, and people are reporting it as spam to Facebook. So I'm not sure what the movie is even about. I imagine it's not unlike the other schlock he's put out.

I still think the whole Facebook banned me!!!! Persecution!!! is a stunt.

I am sure it is just McAffe also trying to persecute Kirk. Everyone and everything is out to get him.

"I would be willing to bet that all non believers on this page voted for Obama, he is their leader!"

-comment on his FB post

"I would be willing to bet that all non believers on this page voted for Obama, he is their leader!"

-comment on his FB post

Um... What?

Please. Kirk Cameron wishes someone would persecute him. It would mean that someone besides Ray Comfort was actually paying attention to him.

Most likely, his page is downloading spyware onto the computers of those who visit it. That's why the warning, and possibly why facebook has banned him (if true).

Most likely, his page is downloading spyware onto the computers of those who visit it. That's why the warning, and possibly why facebook has banned him (if true).

Obviously, spyware and viruses are caused by SATAN and/or Obama, designed to block the true messenger of THE LORD/Kirk Cameron from saving millions of godless heathens. Duh.

Edited to add: quite a few of the comments on his Facebook page are not very Christian. Satan must be spamming him.

Persecution/promotion - they're similar enough. They both start with "P" anyway...

Kirk, it's a SIN to lie. C'mon, you should know that with all that you spout off about. Stop lying, cleanse your soul, and admit it's a publicity thing. ;)

I have been a lurker here but this was way too funny to not comment...especially since I had friends on fb posting kirks message this morning.

Moral is he sucks

I haven't checked my FB today, but I wouldn't be surprised if my evangelical cousin or his wife post links to Kirk's movie.

A number of people from my hometown posted the link, and I watched the trailer just to see if it was as terrible as I expected. It's more documentary than fictional film, though there seem to be copious visual military/Army of God metaphors. The film is about why God allows suffering to occur, and why you shouldn't lose faith if bad things happen to you.

Archived