IGNORED

The way the Duggars eat

homeschoolmomma1

I agree that exhaustion on the part of the older girls is probably part of the reason for the less than appealing meals we see. The nights when I'm tired, we're more likely to have a casserole or hamburger helper or something like that. I don't know what chickenetti is, but sometimes we'll have whole wheat spaghetti topped with homemade pasta sauce, roasted chicken pieces, and parmesan cheese, and I call this chickenetti. There's usually a green salad of some type involved, too, or steamed broccoli.

Oh, and my husband and I both grew up eating duggar-type foods. It took several years of being married to realize that there were healthier ways to cook. It also took some adjusting to not using canned veggies, and instead buying fresh or frozen.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree that exhaustion on the part of the older girls is probably part of the reason for the less than appealing meals we see. The nights when I'm tired, we're more likely to have a casserole or hamburger helper or something like that. I don't know what chickenetti is, but sometimes we'll have whole wheat spaghetti topped with homemade pasta sauce, roasted chicken pieces, and parmesan cheese, and I call this chickenetti. There's usually a green salad of some type involved, too, or steamed broccoli.

Oh, and my husband and I both grew up eating duggar-type foods. It took several years of being married to realize that there were healthier ways to cook. It also took some adjusting to not using canned veggies, and instead buying fresh or frozen.

It also takes some time to change your tastes. My grandmother always salted everything heavily and over cooked vegetables. It was a whle before I enjoyed vegetables that were properly cooked and weren't a tasteless mush.

Somebody buy the Duggars the What The Bible Says About Healthy Living Cookbook (Simple and Tasty Recipes featuring God's Ingredients), quick! They're going to hell with all those mix'n'shake-cans-and-frozen-junkfood casseroles.

An excerpt (which I wish I could send through email to the fam' but since they are oh-so-famous and have an automatic response instead of actually browsing through their inbox, I'm afraid it would be a waste of time even trying).

Archived