IGNORED

how much did "ruth" make?

Daisy4

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm completely embarrassed to say that I sent a total of $140 over 4 times. Yup I'm a total idiot. Please be gentle with me? :D

I'd buy you a decent bottle of gin if I didn't need to save my funds to get to your country. :lol: So, you donate to my world wide travels and I will donate the same amount to your alcohol.

Here is the plan. you start the blog..I'm thinking 'Razing Cash' has a nice ring to it. Cash being our gender confused guinea pig. Leaving fundiedom is so yesterday and confused guinea pigs are bound to pique some sympathy.

My ideas so far are.

1. That's as far as I got.

Travel will be yours and gin shall be mine in no time :D

All jokes aside I do not think anybody should feel bad for being a decent human being. If I were any one of you who gave money, I would be sitting there thinking how much better a person I am for at least considering the plight of my fellow humans. If I was her I would be shitting myself because no matter what or any deity you believe in one thing is for sure. In my experience in some way or another that shit bites and eats you up. Call it karma or whatever.

In addition to our Who's Who, we may have to start a Hall of Shame.

Here is the Elle thread: http://www.freejinger.org/forums/viewto ... 10&t=10922

I actually suggested that we need a "here's the basic story" section for people who are not necessarily fundies, but about which newbies might want to learn quickly, without people telling the same stories or finding old threads over and over.

RR, Elle, Sparkling Adventures Lauren, Helena and Currawong, etc.

Maybe a Hall of Shame section, and a miscellaneous section?

I'm completely embarrassed to say that I sent a total of $140 over 4 times. Yup I'm a total idiot. Please be gentle with me? :D

Not an idiot at all. I never realized her blog had been going on for four years or that she was supposed to be out of ATI for 10 years. It just seemed that she had just come out. I didn't believe the parts of her story about her dad, but I thought she was a former ATI student who was struggling and had added stuff to make her story seem more exciting.

Scammers are really good at seeming real and this is obviously not her first time doing it. Next time she will probably be even better at it.

I get a total of $2480 from this thread alone, assuming that Treemom's smaller amounts added up to about $300 and that I'm not misunderstanding PrincessofSiam's post.

I never donated to her, never had the money. I wish I had half her skills though. I could have used a few donations when I was desperately trying to get money to rent a vehicle to get my husband home from the hospital on his day passes after he nearly died. One incredibly kind soul gave me $70 for the rental, but I had to go into debt for the rest of cost.

It is bad I've occasionally joked about starting a crowd source funding thing for us to get a new vehicle? Ours had the steering break a few weeks ago and it turned out it should have never have been on the road; the dealer's "inspection" was bs (and so was the one from the shop we had the tires done 2 weeks before it broke) so we've had to eat the $2500 and try to find money for a new vehicle. I'm sure we'll get it figured out, but it's a huge pain until then. And I'd still never try to pull this kind of bs.

She's had this scam going for more than four years. A lot of the posters who used to write here back then have left (I think?) so it's likely that she has recieved more cash from FJ's who no longer write or read here and can't participate in this thread. Plus all the potential donors from TwOP, NLQ and other places. I really wonder how much she has made in total.

Dear Mods:

Can we please have a ban on posters calling themselves names and beating themselves up for falling for Razing Ruth? They each provided for her out of their own goodness. Her negativity cannot tarnish that.

Thanks,

Angie (my real name)

Not an idiot at all. I never realized her blog had been going on for four years or that she was supposed to be out of ATI for 10 years. It just seemed that she had just come out. I didn't believe the parts of her story about her dad, but I thought she was a former ATI student who was struggling and had added stuff to make her story seem more exciting.

Scammers are really good at seeming real and this is obviously not her first time doing it. Next time she will probably be even better at it.

Yeah, I wasn't clear on that timeline either. I knew she'd been blogging for a couple years but thought she was fresh out when she started.

I saw a counter that said her blog got over 4000 hits a month. I'm guessing she raked in even more from people who aren't on FJ.

Is the Elle thread in chatter? It says I am not authorised to view this thread

Yes, it is. But congratulations! Now you have enough posts to see Chatter ;)

Yes, it is. But congratulations! Now you have enough posts to see Chatter ;)

Duhh thanks I realized that shortly after that post haha

Dear Mods:

Can we please have a ban on posters calling themselves names and beating themselves up for falling for Razing Ruth? They each provided for her out of their own goodness. Her negativity cannot tarnish that.

Thanks,

Angie (my real name)

I agree. To the Prayer Closet for people who beat themselves up for falling for what was a very well thought out and not a first time "rodeo."

We have a really amazing community here of good people and no one should feel bad for donating to RR. Look how many people had some doubts, but still donated!

We have always had a such wonderful outpouring of whatever has been needed from this community, whether it's support, donations for the site, donations at holidays, donations to families we have "adopted" in the past, advice or anything else.

That says something great about us. That people have tried to take advantage of that says something about them, not us.

I saw a counter that said her blog got over 4000 hits a month. I'm guessing she raked in even more from people who aren't on FJ.

Most likely she did get donations from all kinds of folks. I guess it was easier than holding down a job like the rest of us.

I am also heartened by genuinely decent people. On that note I am having a shitty day at work and need 20 quid for a decent bottle of gin. Send donations to http://www.notruthjustoktobetakeineedsadrink.com

Thanks.

Is it wrong that I clicked on this link? I figured, buy the woman a drink, after the awful day I've had, maybe she needs one as badly as I do. :lol:

ETA: I never gave to Ruth, but came very close. I was actually going to donate right before this whole mess started. So many of you did the caring thing by trying to help someone who was having a hard time financially, and that's nothing to be ashamed of.

I did donate online in the past to people on YouTube. The first was an artist who made funny videos based on a popular gaming series, and the second time, it was for a group of kids that did an abridged version of a popular Anime series.

Both times, I was completely comfortable with my donations, mainly because their work had given me a lot of enjoyment, and I just looked at it as a voluntary payment for services rendered.

Never gave rr money, but was scammed by someone else on the internet once, and had sent her some money. Once burned, twice shy. But to those who did give to Ruth, don't kick yourselves. You gave out of generous hearts and should hold your heads high.

I'd buy you a decent bottle of gin if I didn't need to save my funds to get to your country. :lol: So, you donate to my world wide travels and I will donate the same amount to your alcohol.

"I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today..."

(what, no Popeye smiley? guess I'm only 50 years out of date... :doh: oh well, mr "spinach" green will have to do... :mrgreen: )

I didn't donate to RR but I came pretty close. I believed her story -- a combination of my being very aware of how truth can be stranger than fiction, plus my apparently genetic inability to grok that people actually can intentionally deceive and lie outright. Ugh.

Never gave rr money, but was scammed by someone else on the internet once, and had sent her some money. Once burned, twice shy. But to those who did give to Ruth, don't kick yourselves. You gave out of generous hearts and should hold your heads high.

I have to wonder if it was the same person who scammed you before. She's been doing this for a long, loooong time.

I didn't donate to RR but I came pretty close. I believed her story -- a combination of my being very aware of how truth can be stranger than fiction, plus my apparently genetic inability to grok that people actually can intentionally deceive and lie outright. Ugh.

Sister?

I have to wonder if it was the same person who scammed you before. She's been doing this for a long, loooong time.

My scammer lived in Canada. I think the mods said rr was in IL or CA. So, no, there really are two separate buttholes trolling the web. :oops:

My scammer lived in Canada. I think the mods said rr was in IL or CA. So, no, there really are two separate buttholes trolling the web. :oops:

What! I live in Canada (er, wasn't me :shifty: ). How dare she give us a bad name! :x

Sister?

Lol, no sister, I just meant this is something that I never seem to be able to get, no matter how many times reality lays it down in front of me. I just keep stepping over it and pretending I don't see it, because people are good, right? And good people don't do that, right? I know, naive, and I'm not especially naive in the rest of life, but when it comes to recognizing when people don't deserve the benefit of the doubt, I'm not the best dog for that task...

Archived