IGNORED

how much did "ruth" make?

Daisy4

PMing you.

Wait! I want to know, too! (I'm that 3rd grade girl who just *has* to know what the 2 other little girls in the room are whispering about.)

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, RR scammed about $2000 just from the twenty people who acknowledged their donations on this thread. I am clearly in the wrong line of work. Oh wait, I have morals.

Wow, RR scammed about $2000 just from the twenty people who acknowledged their donations on this thread. I am clearly in the wrong line of work. Oh wait, I have morals.

Pffffffft...who needs stuff like MORALS and INTEGRITY when you can have BLOG FAME and TIP JARS??

Get your priorities straight.

I vaguely remember this, but not who it was.

Speaking of flounced admins/mods, one of them knew all this information about Ruth last year. Wok Chop and Sam gave her all their information on the Ruth/Possummomma/PennMommy/jhawksgirl1 connection. And yet she never said a word. I don't think she even mentioned it to any of the other mods/admins. That kind of pisses me off.

None of the previous Mods/Admins (that includes Treemom) have ever mentioned anything about this during the previous administration. Just so that is clear.

Basically what I am saying is Alecto was not told about this from the mod/admin who was told by the other posters. I believe that those of us who communicated regularly with Alecto would have been told. Just from what I know about how the Elle reveal went down.

I agree. I think she would have said something about it, so that it could have been looked into. We may not have been able to find anything at that point, but we would have been on notice to keep an eye on things that we could find from that point forward.

As much as she did wrong (and I think there was a lot), there was still stuff she did right.

I just wanted to say that in some sense I feel very heartened by the generosity people are reporting on this thread. It's good to remember that people are kind and I'm going to try to hold onto that in the face of the rest of this mess.

For my part, I started doubting with the adoption story. It didn't really occur to me that someone just escaped from fundamentalism (and who had done so allegedly because of a personal crisis, not because of a particular crisis of faith) wouldn't consider a lesbian couple, although I see that now. I felt like it was just too perfect and too calculated to make her target audiences' hearts pitter patter.

I'm somewhat embarrassed to think that I donated to her on the move, to the tune of $50. I fell for this hook, line, and sinker. Now that there's all the evidence in one place, it's a lot easier to see it all and believe in it than when it was just the occational "this one thing, or that thing" doesn't sound right. I'm unhappy about it turning out this way, and glad that I only gave the one time. If nothing else, my heart was in the right place. Sad thing is I'll be so much less likely to ever donate to someone again.

I wanted to donate for her move to Chicago, but then I was pretty broke that month and something felt off about the whole thing, so I never did. I do think it's amazing how many of you donated to her out of pure kindness, and even though it sucks that you were scammed, do not be embarrassed about it. It actually makes me think not all people are assholes, that's a good thing, right?

When I first read the RR blog, I didn't know what to think. Then I read one of her threads here and thought hm, maybe she is for real. The adoption made me doubt her again. I really don't know how people who pull off things like this can look at themselves in the mirror, but then I have those pesky morals and stuff.

There is an abundance of kindness in this group. No one should feel uncomfortable or bad about the donations they made. Karma is real and you get what you give in this life......Ruth has alot of negative energy coming her way.

Shit! I'm in the wrong job :lol:

I was thinking the same thing. Hell, I want to travel around the world. If I blog about it and thank everyone nicely, maybe I can set up a donation button on my blog. :lol: Hey, at least I wouldn't be scamming anyone but I don't see anyone giving to my dream trip around the world either.

I was thinking the same thing. Hell, I want to travel around the world. If I blog about it and thank everyone nicely, maybe I can set up a donation button on my blog. :lol: Hey, at least I wouldn't be scamming anyone but I don't see anyone giving to my dream trip around the world either.

Call it a 'mission trip' and you're golden.

Call it a 'mission trip' and you're golden.

I've actually thought about doing this... turns out I have this pesky thing called a conscience.

God might even send you an accordion.

I'm still not sure it was God that sent that accordion. I can just imagine him playing it poorly causing great pain to everyone who is forced to listen.

I'm still not sure it was God that sent that accordion. I can just imagine him playing it poorly causing great pain to everyone who is forced to listen.

Two things came to my mind when I read his accordion story:

The promotional bumper stickers KFOG radio in San Francisco put out in the '80s that read, "Use an Accordion, Go to Jail."

The eventual, inevitable news headline, "American Missionary Murdered in Zambia, Accordion-playing Blamed."

I am also heartened by genuinely decent people. On that note I am having a shitty day at work and need 20 quid for a decent bottle of gin. Send donations to http://www.notruthjustoktobetakeineedsadrink.com

Thanks.

I'd buy you a decent bottle of gin if I didn't need to save my funds to get to your country. :lol: So, you donate to my world wide travels and I will donate the same amount to your alcohol.

There is an abundance of kindness in this group. No one should feel uncomfortable or bad about the donations they made. Karma is real and you get what you give in this life......Ruth has alot of negative energy coming her way.

I agree. There is nothing to be ashamed about for giving out of the kindness of your heart. The shame is in taking money from people under false pretenses. I do believe that we reap what we sow.

I made a $10 donation. I'm glad it was just once. (and no, no thank-you) Boy; that's really.......I never thought scammers could keep such a blog going for, I think almost 4 years. Sigh. Well, to those who live in the Chicago area, thanks for doing your research and attempts to look out for her. Had I known where she works(and lived in the area), I would've been waiting there outside until they close, or arrange to meet her when she's off.

But yeah; what a difference! In Recovering Grace, there's often those who recognize each other by their stories, and nothing of the sort with RR. Anyway, glad we found out before more damage was done. :naughty: :shhh: :liar:

In addition to our Who's Who, we may have to start a Hall of Shame.

Here is the Elle thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10922

In addition to our Who's Who, we may have to start a Hall of Shame.

Here is the Elle thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10922

Something like that would be so helpful. I was away from FJ for awhile when the whole AD thing went down and would love to know what happened. I had been following the thread where she got advice about her sister and CPS (that's her, right?) but people were kind of doubtful and then I left for awhile, not sure if I went on vacation or got busy at work or what, but when I came back something had obviously happened between her and the community but I couldn't find it.

Something like that would be so helpful. I was away from FJ for awhile when the whole AD thing went down and would love to know what happened. I had been following the thread where she got advice about her sister and CPS (that's her, right?) but people were kind of doubtful and then I left for awhile, not sure if I went on vacation or got busy at work or what, but when I came back something had obviously happened between her and the community but I couldn't find it.

When you are looking for important threads, the first place to stop for now is always SOTDRT and Boogalou's great Dictionary. The AD and Elle threads are both listed there. Boogalou is working on an FJ timeline which will be more detailed, but the dictionary does have the really major threads covered for the most part.

I guess she will have some additions to make now ;)

When you are looking for important threads, the first place to stop for now is always SOTDRT and Boogalou's great Dictionary. The AD and Elle threads are both listed there. Boogalou is working on an FJ timeline which will be more detailed, but the dictionary does have the really major threads covered for the most part.

I guess she will have some additions to make now ;)

I did look briefly in the SOTDRT thread last night, but must have missed it, probably because I could barely stand to tear my eyes away from the Ruth threads. So wild. Will look again, thanks!!

Archived