IGNORED

Shoshanna Pearl

debrand

I just looked her up....wow, she is beautiful. Those herbs are working for her. Hard to believe that bearded, plumbin' line-lovin' mountain man is her pa.

Well, she focuses a LOT of her business on herbs to help women conceive and have babies, yet only has two herself, the youngest being several years old now. So, are the herbs *really* working for her? Perhaps they are? Perhaps she has found an herbal way to be acceptable and NOT have to reproduce at the level her sister has done?

She is beautiful. She wears jeans and make-up most of the time too. However she has never stepped away to see her childhood and her paradigm from anything but the myopic view of her parents. Thus she continues to promote them. It's CLEAR that Rebekah has lost touch with reality to anyone who looks at her. Shoshanna continues to promote her children as idyllic, even when evidence shows otherwise AND she sells her parents materials in her store still.

According to Daddy, they're all married in the eyes of the Lord and see no need to be legally married, since they have nothing but contempt for the government and refuse to share the ritual of legal marriage with the sodomites and perverts. I wonder what would happen if one of these "spouses" had to be hospitalized, since in many cases, if you're not legally married you can be barred from having a say in the other person's care. I wouldn't imagine that they've taken any other legal steps such as a health care proxy that would allow the other partner to have a say.

I know exactly what will happen if she is ever hospitalized and unable to make her own decisions. If there is no legal spouse then the next of kin are the parents. Mike Pearl will make all the decisions. This, folks, is why you must have a health care proxy!

Well, she focuses a LOT of her business on herbs to help women conceive and have babies, yet only has two herself, the youngest being several years old now. So, are the herbs *really* working for her? Perhaps they are? Perhaps she has found an herbal way to be acceptable and NOT have to reproduce at the level her sister has done?

IIRC, the Pearls are okay with birth control as long as it doesn't destroy a fertilized egg...and as long as it's the High Holy Husband's idea. :roll:

She is beautiful. She wears jeans and make-up most of the time too. However she has never stepped away to see her childhood and her paradigm from anything but the myopic view of her parents. Thus she continues to promote them. It's CLEAR that Rebekah has lost touch with reality to anyone who looks at her. Shoshanna continues to promote her children as idyllic, even when evidence shows otherwise AND she sells her parents materials in her store still.

I totally agree. She seems like the most "normal" of the Pearl bunch; like she would be a really cool person if she hadn't been raised in Pearlstan. It kills me to think she's hitting those beautiful babies with plumbing line.

Just because Shoshanna has a different clothing style than her parents and siblings does not mean that she is a better person. Actually, I think that she might be more dangerous because she looks so pretty and 'normal'.

This is Debi speaking about something Shoshanna told her.

My daughter, Shoshanna, was telling me about a family she stayed with last week. She said the kids were confident, saucy, and engaging. She said even the 4-year-old knew things many adults didn’t know. They could all do so many useful, helpful things. She said their mom teaches the little ones how to work. Their ability to do simple chores gives them a personal frame of reference that is miles ahead of the fit-pitching kids you see in Wal-Mart. It

So, Shoshanna is just as judgemental as her mom. That energetic, bubbly person is going home to gossip about strangers she saw in the supermarket and how much better her kids are.

nogreaterjoy.org/articles/the-loving-investment/

I actually really like Shoshanna's youtube channel. Her kids are often helping her and they are cute and hilarious. She comes across as an extremely articulate and intelligent woman-as evidenced by her bustling herb and nutrition business.

I wonder what advances she might have made to society had she not been pummeled into her limited role.

I have purchased herbs from the Bulk Herb Store in the past, and have also watched Shoshanna's youtube videos. I enjoy them also. She is knowledgeable and smart business-wise -- you have to admit that even if you're not into herbs. Honestly, she seems happy. It's hard to mask a truly joyful and at-peace personality, and she really seems to have it.

I think Shoshanna likely realizes that her parents are way off-base in some of their beliefs, but chooses to overlook and down-play them for the sake of family peace. Obviously, she has made different choices in the way she lives her life vs. the way her parents raised her. (Such as, spacing children, dressing fashionably, focusing on a prosperous business and comfortable lifestyle.)

Really, I think many of us could identify with her situation. We have parents who made bad choices or have strange beliefs about parenting or life in general. Yet we often overlook and avoid those things so that we can maintain a decent relationship with them. Unfortunately for Shoshanna, her parents chose to publicly share/teach their beliefs and choices. I think it would be a hard call in her situation whether or not to publicly call out her parents for their teachings.

Shoshanna. What is that name all about.

It's like Sean Connery speak.

Three children have died because the parents followed the Pearls extreme views on child raising. If any of the Pearl children disagree with them, they are morally bound to speak up. I came from an abusive family. It is actually one reason that I feel outraged by the Pearls. Abuse doesn't just hurt a child's body, it hurts their mind and sense of trust. Thank goodness, my mom didn't try to teach others but if she did, I would have to speak out.

I have noticed that articles written by either Shalom or Shoshanna are less obnoxious than those written by their parents but if they want to bring about a kinder image, they need to speak out against the harmful practices that their parents hold and still teach.

I am going to post some of the older articles on the site, No Greater Joy so that new people can be reminded how bad Michael and Debi Pearl's teachings really are. If any of the Pearl children read here, it might help them to realize that they can't defend their parents and still consider themselves good people.

Yes, I do have a lot of sympathy for adult kids who have been raised like the Pearl kids were but sometimes the best thing is to break away completely.

Shoshanna. What is that name all about.

It's like Sean Connery speak.

Shoshanna, I think, means rose in Hebrew. I like Shoshanna better than Shalom, her sister's name.

Her siblings have very average names so I wonder why they named the two younger girls such unusual names.

I have purchased herbs from the Bulk Herb Store in the past, and have also watched Shoshanna's youtube videos. I enjoy them also. She is knowledgeable and smart business-wise -- you have to admit that even if you're not into herbs. Honestly, she seems happy. It's hard to mask a truly joyful and at-peace personality, and she really seems to have it.

I think Shoshanna likely realizes that her parents are way off-base in some of their beliefs, but chooses to overlook and down-play them for the sake of family peace. Obviously, she has made different choices in the way she lives her life vs. the way her parents raised her. (Such as, spacing children, dressing fashionably, focusing on a prosperous business and comfortable lifestyle.)

Really, I think many of us could identify with her situation. We have parents who made bad choices or have strange beliefs about parenting or life in general. Yet we often overlook and avoid those things so that we can maintain a decent relationship with them. Unfortunately for Shoshanna, her parents chose to publicly share/teach their beliefs and choices. I think it would be a hard call in her situation whether or not to publicly call out her parents for their teachings.

The Pearls and their grown children really are that bad, all of them, regardless of how attractively they dress or how well they perform on YouTube or how successful their businesses are. Mike's and Debi's teaching are responsible for the deaths of at least three children. Never once have they or their grown children expressed any remorse over these deaths, acknowledged the role of NGJ's materials in them, or renounced the loathsome "teachings" that led to these deaths. Instead, Michael Pearl issued a statement saying that he laughed at his critics (facebook.com/notes/no-greater-joy-ministries/laughing-by-michael-pearl/378945952575):

It has come to my attention that a vocal few are decrying our sensible application of the Biblical rod in training up our children. I laugh at my caustic critics, for our properly spanked and trained children grow to maturity in great peace and love....My five grown children are laughing at your foolish, uninformed criticism of God's method of child training, for their kids-my 17 grandkids-are laughing . . . because that is what they do most of the time.

Someone who's smart enough to dress well & put out catchy YouTube videos is also smart enough to see what's wrong with her parents teachings.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I've boycotted Shoshanna's herb store for years, even when I've had to get creative to find something elsewhere that she sells easily. I agree that she does contribute and promote a methodology that has killed children.

Shoshanna, I think, means rose in Hebrew. I like Shoshanna better than Shalom, her sister's name.

Her siblings have very average names so I wonder why they named the two younger girls such unusual names.

I like. But still feel Sean's speech impediment coming on.

Ti's interesting that Rebekah has dropped off the face of the earth. Shoshanna and ber parents don't seem to mention her or her passell of children.

Ti's interesting that Rebekah has dropped off the face of the earth. Shoshanna and ber parents don't seem to mention her or her passell of children.

I've noticed that also.

It is possible that the Pearl children are suffering from some type of Stockholm syndrome. Michael Pearl is very manipulative and his wife supports his actions. Their kids are probably in denial about the severity of their abuse. However, I don't believe that they really think that they had great childhoods. They probably feel that their parents will stop loving them if they don't show public support for them. Also, No Greater Joy does pull in money. A few years ago, a Salon article stated that the business made over a million dollars a year. The kids probably realize that they will inherit that business one day so it is in their interest to keep it profitable.

For those who do business with Shoshanna, I started a thread on Michael's advice to hit babies. Have any of you visited that thread?

Archived