IGNORED

40 K Moms bitching over Save Me, Mistresses, and SheZow

lilwriter85

I checked out 40 k moms site. They are bitching about the new NBC show Save Me which features Anne Heche as a woman who becomes a prophet after choking on almost dying. I DVR's the first four episodes and it isn't that bad of a show. It doesn't really mock Christianity. There is a black comedy element, but it is a bit uplifting show about trying to do good. I don't see the show lasting. It will be another Book of Daniel. If it gets canned it will have nothing to do with 40 k moms. Mistresses is going to be another Desperate Housewives type show. SheZow is upcoming show on Hub about transgendered superhero.

In a couple of months, 40 k moms will start bitching about the upcoming Sean Hayes gay dad sitcom. It isn't surprising that 40 k moms are bitching about Save Me. At some point there will be a religious black comedy type show that will succeed.

Personally can't stand Anne Heche so I wouldn't watch it but the 40 k moms need to find something else to do with their time. There are a lot more objectionable things on cable tv than on the networks. Besides, do fundies even watch tv?

There's a really easy fix for TV shows you find offensive. It's called a remote, and you change the channel.

Nobody is telling the 40K moms they have to watch these shows. There's a lot of TV shows I find offensive, especially in the reality genre. I just don't watch them, and don't allow my younger kids to watch them.

How come they never bitch about shows like Breaking Bad or Mad Men? (I love those shows, but seriously, the violence in the first one and extramarital sex in the second!) If you don't like it, don't watch it.

I also can't stand Anne Heche (she did Ellen WRONG! LOL) so no desire to watch the show, but to each their own.

Personally can't stand Anne Heche so I wouldn't watch it but the 40 k moms need to find something else to do with their time. There are a lot more objectionable things on cable tv than on the networks. Besides, do fundies even watch tv?

I think some of the fundie lite types watch TV. Some of the fundie lite bloggers that I read will once awhile talking about watching certain TV shows. I noticed that ones who watch TV usually aren't watching stuff like True Blood, American Horror Story, Dexter etc.One of my former neighbors is a fundie lite guy. He considers himself to be a TV fanatic, but he mostly watches network shows and the only cable shows he ever talks about are Homeland and Suits.

With 40 k Moms, some of them probably don't have cable and they wouldn't have the chance of stumbling onto that Hub show or last year when they bitched a TV Land a show about a minister. I haven't been to 40 k moms FB page in awhile, the last time I was there a lady was asking them to go after Smash on NBC because of a gay character. Some of the 40 k moms are watching TV, they just can't deal with certain content. The shows that they usually whine about aren't really targeted towards Christian audience niches.

How come they never bitch about shows like Breaking Bad or Mad Men? (I love those shows, but seriously, the violence in the first one and extramarital sex in the second!) If you don't like it, don't watch it.

I also can't stand Anne Heche (she did Ellen WRONG! LOL) so no desire to watch the show, but to each their own.

I think 40 k moms started as a off shoot from AFA IIRC. By the time 40 K moms started, Breaking Bad and Mad Men had been on for awhile. Both shows have good viewership numbers for being cable shows and they are critically acclaimed. I still wonder why they have never bitched about those shows or American Horror Story. 40 k moms will occasionally bitch about stuff on cable. I laughed last year when they whined about a Disney Channel movie having one cuss word. They bitched a few times about Teen Nick airing Degrassi:TNG. The dumb thing was that 40 k moms thought Teen Nick was producing Degrassi and they didn't know it was a Canadian show that Teen Nick was reairing.

She also did Steve Martin wrong, i still can't believe they dated.

Shezow is now available - puns, sarcasm, siblings messing with each other, cartoon violence, and lots of pink. About 12 minutes long, with an explanatory intro. It's a transforming magic ring story, where the everyday boy turns into a famous female superhero. I think it's more cross-dressing, than transgendered, but I'd like to get more opinions. Pretty good for mainstream television.

hubworld.com/watch/2418448836001/shezow-shezow-happens-ep-1-season-1-episode

Archived