IGNORED

What's going on with the Seven Sisters?

holierthanyou

They are still posting like normal on Pinterest, but it's been over a month since their blog got updated.

Anyone know why? They don't seem like the flouncing type from the blogosphere.

I emailed them about that the other day, as it happens, just to see if they were ok. Jessica replied saying that they're doing well, that they're having trouble finding the time to put blog posts up, and that in addition they went to Connecticut for a while recently to visit friends. They'll be blogging about the trip when they get the chance. I don't normally email fundie bloggers by the way, but I was starting to get genuinely worried that something bad had happened to the Seven Sisters. As much as I disagree with them on certain things, I would never wish a disaster on them.

For a minute there, I was hoping they took a busload of them to the Arndt's place and said, "Hi, we were sent by the Lord to marry your sons! First come, first serve!"

What, exactly, are they doing that is taking up so much of their time? Too many pillow fights?

What, exactly, are they doing that is taking up so much of their time? Too many pillow fights?

I think its good that they have other things to do with their time besides blogging.

I think they keep pretty busy with sewing/crafts (which to be fair to them, does seem to be of a high quality), cooking, looking after farm animals, playing musical instruments, photography, that sort of thing...the younger Sisters must still have homeschool, too. From their blog, I get the impression the Sisters do actually have fuller lives than some SAHDs I could mention (Sarah Maxwell, Rebecca K. etc.).

I know they are also involved in 4-H. Fair time is just around the corner and they would need to be working to finish their projects. I think they show animals so they would need to be working with the animals to make sure they score well in showmanship. I do think they have more of a life than Sarah Maxwell and other SAHDs.

I'm not treading on pet fundie territory, but they DO seem to just have one hell of a good time doing whatever they set out to do. I find them quite heartwarming. I check their blog quite often and had been wondering about them too!

Favorite food: hashbrown casserole, ice cream and chocolate (not all mixed together!)

The little girl Anna says this. I wonder if its better to taste than tater tot casserole. :lol: Any thing with potatoes I like it.

Im wondering if the Duggar/Bates etc familys say why they dont wearing the lace caps like these sisters if its in the bible to do a covered hair. Can some one tell me if theres more blogs with fundys who believe to cover their hair?

And, I like this family because the little boy sews on the sewing machine so its not gender separate roles.

For a minute there, I was hoping they took a busload of them to the Arndt's place and said, "Hi, we were sent by the Lord to marry your sons! First come, first serve!"

f4h920.jpg

f4h920.jpg

oh good, it wasn't just me who thought that:)

I'm not treading on pet fundie territory, but they DO seem to just have one hell of a good time doing whatever they set out to do. I find them quite heartwarming. I check their blog quite often and had been wondering about them too!

I agree! Although to many of us, they might seem a bit more youthful than many their age(s), they do seem to really enjoy themselves, their daily lives and their family. That being said, I do hope that if they have aspirations that take them away from the farm or in a direction different than the rest of the family, they will and can pursue them. But, yeah, they seem very genuine. You don't find that on the internet much anymore.

Oohh, I'm so glad you emailed them, because I've been checking their blog a couple of times weekly and was surprised they weren't posting. Yes, they're a bit different, but I guess I'm not alone in that I find them fascinating. I'm glad they're okay.

BTW- I've had plenty of time to look at the Mud Love bracelet site. Do you think those bracelets would easily crack? I'm thinking of getting them for twin boys' First Communion...like a Courage one and a Strength one and, just for fun, a Basketball one. But I'm afaid they would be worn to play basketball and get cracked almost immediately.

And, I like this family because the little boy sews on the sewing machine so its not gender separate roles.

That's really naive. They absolutely do have separate gender roles. Heck, even the Duggars let the boys clean toilets and the girls got to help with construction of the house. Letting a boy merely touch something that is "woman's work" doesn't mean anything. They're as strict about gender roles as every other fundie family.

That's really naive. They absolutely do have separate gender roles. Heck, even the Duggars let the boys clean toilets and the girls got to help with construction of the house. Letting a boy merely touch something that is "woman's work" doesn't mean anything. They're as strict about gender roles as every other fundie family.

I thought I read many times on FJ people say "the fundy dads would never let the sons do womens work." From the picture I saw it look like he really sewing napkins and not merely touching it. I was surprise to see a boy at a sewing machine. I imagine a Maxwell boy would not be at a sewing machine making dinner napkins. Yes I agree the Duggar girls did the mans work to help build the house, but may be Im naive but I cant imagine Jim Bob having the boys do washing the dishes and folding laundry like the women. I think fundys are more protective to the boy role than to the girl role, so seeing a boy at sewing machine I thought Wow.

Edit add: I just remember yes the Duggar boy cleaned toilets.

i started a topic on them not that long ago kind of mocking their mundane life. but then when they dont update i get all worried about them. they kind of are my pet fundies.

i started a topic on them not that long ago kind of mocking their mundane life. but then when they dont update i get all worried about them. they kind of are my pet fundies.

Im glad theyre ok too.

I will admit it: I really do like and admire a lot about the Seven Sisters. I'm not giving anyone a pass on beliefs they (likely) hold that I consider vile, but what I admire about them is they seem to genuinely love each other, embrace life, and have fun in everything they do. Is it old-fashioned and dorky and kinda weird? Well yeah.

But it still looks like a whole lot more love and fun than any of the ATI or VF families.

Yay!!!! They're back!!!

There are more :) icons in the new post than Rebecca Eleventy uses !!1!. Least they are not playing on railway tracks this time.

Goodness, I had no idea the sisters live only 55 miles from me. Thankfully it's not the Maxwells.

The little girl Anna says this. I wonder if its better to taste than tater tot casserole. :lol: Any thing with potatoes I like it.

Im wondering if the Duggar/Bates etc familys say why they dont wearing the lace caps like these sisters if its in the bible to do a covered hair. Can some one tell me if theres more blogs with fundys who believe to cover their hair?

I am going to see if I can a blog from a woman on CAF who covers her head and wears dresses......kind of boring but oddly fascinating at the same time.

Her blog is awomansplaceis.blogspot.com its soso her etsy store is called a snood for all seasons.....though it appears to not be active now.

• 2 months later...

Dragging up and older thread...

I was reading the Seven Sisters blog this afternoon and it seems the youngest two sisters have started to wear the lace head covering. In the pictures from their bike ride, all of them are wearing a covering.

I wondered if they were ever going to start covering or if they were perhaps the rebels of the family with dreams of higher education or pants or something.

Also, is it safe to ride a bike in a dress? I would worry that the fabric would get caught in the pedals or gears or something.

sevenfarmgirlsisters.com/a-ride-around-the-country-block/

Archived