IGNORED

All things Razing Ruth

razingruth

Perhaps for everyone's health and sanity, y'all could dial back the obsession a little bit?

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by "dial back the obsession"?

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by "dial back the obsession"?

I wondered the same. I'm also confused why this was moved to Chatter. Most of the comments in this thread are discussing Ruth's most recent post on her blog ... how does that differ from other threads in Snark? I'm not trying to be daft ... I'm genuinely curious.

I assumed that "dial back the obsession" means that this thread is very busy even after the normal condolences on her father's death. Ruth, are you okay? Ruth, do you need anything? Ruth, can we meet up, I'll bake you cookies. Ruth, I have some clothes. I'm not trying to be a bitch to the people who are genuinely well-meaning, but it does come across as a little weird. Pet fundie-ish.

It's the same kind of weird, IMO, as people offering to adopt Jana or Jordyn and take them into their homes and make sure they get all the dill pickles they want. Just...step back, you know?

I assumed that "dial back the obsession" means that this thread is very busy even after the normal condolences on her father's death. Ruth, are you okay? Ruth, do you need anything? Ruth, can we meet up, I'll bake you cookies. Ruth, I have some clothes. I'm not trying to be a bitch to the people who are genuinely well-meaning, but it does come across as a little weird. Pet fundie-ish.

It's the same kind of weird, IMO, as people offering to adopt Jana or Jordyn and take them into their homes and make sure they get all the dill pickles they want. Just...step back, you know?

That would make sense. I tend toward the very doubting side when it comes to Ruth, so I took the comment in another way.

The reported confrontation at the job means someone out there is taking it beyond a blog and into real life. Not saying it's someone at FJ (it be could be anyone), but given that occurence, I think there may be concerns.

I'm probably being thin-skinned about this, but my offer of muffins was after back and forth pm -ing with Ruth about getting together. What's posted in the thread is not the sum total of people's communication with her.

Someone going stalkery is obviously way out of bounds. But, friendly offers in the thread might just sometimes be the public part of a larger, friendly conversation.

I took the dial back the obsession to be related to someone showing up at Ruth's work and anyone who was trying to figure out who she was IRL.

Some people are weirdo, and some people are genuinely nice and want to help y'know? Maybe where I come from it's not considered weird to want to help your neighbor.

she is not a neighbor though but a person among countless others on the internet telling-or selling a sad story- depending on if you believe her or not. a reasonable amount caution is justified, esp since people are offering to meet her.

Guys, I frequent another board that has been discussing Ruth and the possibility she is a scam artist, or at the very least a confused person who has sown a lot of lies. Something came up over there that was wholly new to me and I wonder if someone here can explain.

Did Ruth post under the name "ofduggar" when replying to Duggar-related and teen pregancy-related shows over on TWoP? I am almost certain that is the case but am reserving judgment until I hear from others.

If she did post under that name, can anyone explain what was found on this page: forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/topic/3186246-16-and-pregnant/page-5

For those who don't want to go to TWoP, here's the relevant passage:

I think that's what bothers me most about some of these teen moms we see on MTV. They don't educate themselves. I was a young mom, too (not quite that young, but young). The first thing I did when I found out I was prego' was go get a bunch of books. Certainly it's true that you can't learn parenting in a book. What you can do is gather information and data to help you make informed decisions. The choices don't stop when you make the decision to keep or give-up or abort your child. Why go into those choices with no data?

I've read a lot of her blog, though not all of it, and read all of her articles on No Longer Quivering. I had always thought her discussing herself as a care-taker of children was because her family, like most Gothardites, had so many children the eldest daughters were roped into child care. But this is unambiguous, as the bolded parts show. Ruth is saying she was a young mother because she gave birth to a child.

Was it well-known Ruth had a baby? Was she married? If not, how did her patriarchical family let two girls get pregnant outside of wedlock when Ruth's dad was such a controlling lunatic that he charted their periods. He lost his mind when Ruth got her first cycle and he thought blood on the bed meant she had been fornicating, sneaking a boy through her window, but on his watch two daughters got pregnant? Does that seem strange to anyone else? Why was this not mentioned in her series on NLQ?

Hopefully there are very easy answers to this, like I missed the entries wherein she discussed having a baby or she never posted as "ofduggar" and none of this matters.

However, I am decidedly of the opinion that if this, like so many other inconsistencies in Ruth's stories, cannot be cleared up, it may be time to discuss the impact Ruth's blog and interactions here could have on this site, especially since her tales of woe have led many to give her money. We had to go through a lot of drama when Raine proved not to be who she said she was, but she was not as beloved to many as Ruth is, and discussing Ruth would be a far harder discussion to have. I too once defended Ruth from those who questioned her narrative. It would suck if she has been either making this up or sowing a real scenario with unnecessary lies. But I will reserve further judgment until I hear from others.

(edited to correct a name spelling and for clarification)

I think that Ruth has posted on TWOP since that thread started. I would like to know if ofDuggar is RazingRuth. Is there any proof of that.

I just did a member search on TWOP for RazingRuth, and there was no result. Did she get her membership removed from TWOP? I am confused.

Guys, I frequent another board that has been discussing Ruth and the possibility she is a scam artist, or at the very least a confused person who has sown a lot of lies. Something came up over there that was wholly new to me and I wonder if someone here can explain.

Did Ruth post under the name "ofduggar" when replying to Duggar-related and teen pregancy-related shows over on TWoP? I am almost certain that is the case but am reserving judgment until I hear from others.

If she did post under that name, can anyone explain what was found on this page: forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/topic/3186246-16-and-pregnant/page-5

For those who don't want to go to TWoP, here's the relevant passage:

I've read a lot of her blog, though not all of it, and read all of her articles on No Longer Quivering. I had always thought her discussing herself as a care-taker of children was because her family, like most Gothardites, had so many children the eldest daughters were roped into child care. But this is unambiguous, as the bolded parts show. Ruth is saying she was a young mother because she gave birth to a child.

Was it well-known Ruth had a baby? Was she married? If not, how did her patriarchical family let two girls get pregnant outside of wedlock when Ruth's dad was such a controlling lunatic that he charted their periods. He lost his mind when Ruth got her first cycle and he thought blood on the bed meant she had been fornicating, sneaking a boy through her window, but on his watch two daughters got pregnant? Does that seem strange to anyone else? Why was this not mentioned in her series on NLQ?

Hopefully there are very easy answers to this, like I missed the entries wherein she discussed having a baby or she never posted as "ofduggar" and none of this matters.

However, I am decidedly of the opinion that if this, like so many other inconsistencies in Ruth's stories, cannot be cleared up, it may be time to discuss the impact Ruth's blog and interactions here could have on this site, especially since her tales of woe have led many to give her money. We had to go through this with Rainey but she was not as beloved to many as Ruth is, and it would be a hard discussion to have. I too once defended Ruth from those who questioned her narrative. It would suck if she has been either making this up or sowing a real scenario with unnecessary lies. But I will reserve further judgment until I hear from others.

Do you mean Raine? I know she got outed here for having ties to a Neo-Nazi organization and for some other things. I never read anything where she tried to solicit money. Then there was Elle/Aria-Star. But Rainey I've never heard of...

I think that Ruth has posted on TWOP since that thread started. I would like to know if ofDuggar is RazingRuth. Is there any proof of that.

I am having trouble trying to copy and paste the link on my phone, but I just went to twop and searched posts made by ofduggar.. On Spet 10, 2009 she posted in the duggar thread saying she had started a blog with a link to the razing Ruth blog. So based on that I think ofduggar is razing Ruth

Edit: ok let's see if this works this time. Here is a link to the post I am talking about

forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/topic/3146312-19-kids-and-counting-and-other-duggar-family-programs/?p=12141699

Do you mean Raine? I know she got outed here for having ties to a Neo-Nazi organization and for some other things. I never read anything where she tried to solicit money. Then there was Elle/Aria-Star. But Rainey I've never heard of...

Ugh, you are correct. I don't know why I added a "y" on the end but I edited my original entry. Thanks for the heads up.

I am having trouble trying to copy and paste the link on my phone, but I just went to twop and searched posts made by ofduggar.. On Spet 10, 2009 she posted in the duggar thread saying she had started a blog with a link to the razing Ruth blog. So based on that I think ofduggar is razing Ruth

Is this the one you mean?

#12141699 19 Kids and Counting (And Other Duggar Family Programs)

Posted by ofduggar on Sep 10, 2009 @ 4:37 PM in Candid Reality Shows

I don't know if this is appropriate but I'll throw it out there. I get a lot of PMs and people asking me questions in the form that aren't on topic for TWOP. I have a blog if you have something you want to ask that TWOP would consider off topic and I hope by posting this that we can get some of the off topic question off TWOP. Thanks

razingruth.blogspot.com

Yep, it's clear that ofduggar is Razing Ruth. So I guess we don't have to clear that up any further.

If anyone knows the story behind the baby Ruth claimed she had, please chime in. This is very disturbing. :(

Getting some popcorn myself, need something to take my mind being stuck at the San Francisco airport. This thread is proving to have some interesting developments.

Popcorn time.

I'm sorry. I hate drama. But I worry that Ruth is not who she says she is and that her periodic participation on this site gives her a patina of credibility that enables her to get money from good-hearted people.

So I apologize in advance if this causes more problems than it solves. If Ruth is who she says she is or if anyone can explain this baby development, I will be the first to apologize. :(

You and your popcorn, Treemom. Move over and gimmee some! :P Please?

I love drama, as long as it doesn't involve me. :popcorn2: Consider me fascinated.

I just know that this will get people worked up. Personally I think the skepticism is fair and also, completely out of line to visit a workplace even if Ruth has lied about everything.

I'm sorry. I hate drama. But I worry that Ruth is not who she says she is and that her periodic participation on this site gives her a patina of credibility that enables her to get money from good-hearted people.

So I apologize in advance if this causes more problems than it solves. If Ruth is who she says she is or if anyone can explain this baby development, I will be the first to apologize. :(

If it's true, then it needs to come out. I think more than a few people have had doubts.

Archived