IGNORED

Is that you Steve?

Sydney Fox

I homeschool and am always on the lookout for new homeschooling books. I found this little gem on Amazon.com and laughed when I read the book description. The words used sound very Maxwellian, if you know what I mean. :wink-penguin:

http://www.amazon.com/Simply-Homeschool-Having-Clutter-ebook/dp/B006GIHQBQ/ref=pd_sim_b_10

This short eBook is all about what I have learned on my homeschooling journey thus far, and why I feel it is so important to keep our focus on GOD in our homeschools.

It has been an amazing journey for me and I can't wait to encourage you all with what I have learned along the way!

With Matthew 6:33 as the basis, this eBook will focus on:

Getting rid of physical clutter and organization tips

Getting rid of mental clutter

Curriculum choices

Schedules

Meal planning

Letting God lead your homeschool

Avoiding the comparison trap, and letting your homeschool be YOUR homeschool

Not letting homeschool become an idol-Keeping GOD first

It is my desire to encourage others out there to live more simply in all areas of our lives, and this eBook focuses specifically on simplifying homeschooling.

When we keep God first in our homeschools, we can have the true JOY that is meant for our families.

Excerpt from "Simply Homeschool:Having Less Clutter and More Joy in Your Homeschool"

It is my desire to encourage others out there to live more simply in all areas of our lives, and this eBook focuses specifically on simplifying homeschooling.

By not doing anything most people would consider schooling?

By not doing anything most people would consider schooling?

Yes, it would certainly make homeschooling a lot easier if you let God do the teaching. :lol:

Fer the gude homeskooling ya don't do to much a that buke larnin lessn is the Bible. Teech them grils how to keeper in hom and teech them bose to werk werk werk and nevr poot no hans in thar pockits cuz its abdominatin befow the lord.

:penguin-no:

How the hell does homeschooling become an idol? Inquiring minds want to know. :?

I guess it's an idol when learning becomes the main reason for homeschooling, and religion becomes a secondary consideration. For these SOTDRT homeschoolers, God should be the main focus for everything, even if it means giving their kids a substandard education.

Homeschooling is a hard thing to do well, and it involves lots of time, energy and commitment. This ebook gives other homeschoolers the impression that as long as they focus on God in their homeschool they have done enough and the academics don't matter. This is so not true, and the kids will suffer for her taking the easy route and letting God lead her school.

Focus on God, FOCUS on God, FOCUS ON GOD...it's the mantra that keeps them brainwashed isn't it? The fear they must feel when they catch themselves focusing on something else.

How the hell does homeschooling become an idol? Inquiring minds want to know. :?

I'm guessing the same way Pepsi becomes an idol.

Archived