IGNORED

PERSECUTION!!! Tebow cut by the Jets

clarinetpower

So far nobody is whining on my FB feed about Tebow. I do have some Bronco fan relatives that praised Tebow a couple of years back. I think now they see that Tebow sucks. Tebow has brought some of the hate on himself. Like other posters said he made a spectacle of himself. I recall reading some article where Kurt Warner was even annoyed with Tebow's crap. During Kurt's playing days, he occasionally prayed on the field and talked about God. Tebow has been worse that how Warner was. Tebow's supporters are annoying because they act like Tebow is the only decent man in the NFL. There are many decent and kind men in the NFL. If no NFL team picks up Tebow, expect Pat Robertson to say something douchy.

You're really going out on a limb with that prediction. I admire your boldness.

:wink-kitty:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First they persecuted Tebow but I did not speak out because it wasn't really persecution and I thought they were saying "Tae-Bo" anyway. And I did not feel strongly about Billy Blanks.

I was discussing Tebow with the CelticDude, and we, both being huge Steelers fans, are thankful that he is NOT a Steeler. :lol:

We also talked about how maybe his mom is part of his problem. When he was at Florida, and they did that awful commercial, how much of it was Tim's idea and how much of it was his mom's. Seriously, I wonder if his mother dragged him into this and how much Tebow really means and how much of it is an act.

Troy Polamalu is a devout Eastern Orthodox Christian and if you watch him carefully, he crosses himself before going out on the field. Jerome "the Bus" Bettis was also a Christian and he wasn't all in your face about it either. (And The Bus is still my fave Steeler, past or present). But no, they don't count.

I was discussing Tebow with the CelticDude

Wait, what? You're a Goddess and he's just a dude?

Is this a mixed marriage? :lol:

• 1 month later...

The Mr Keen just texted me to let me know that Tebow was reportedly heading to Patriots minicamp. He's said all along that he thinks Tebow will wind up with the Patriots.

The Mr Keen just texted me to let me know that Tebow was reportedly heading to Patriots minicamp. He's said all along that he thinks Tebow will wind up with the Patriots.

Wonder how he'll cope with all the Godless Commies who will be unimpressed with his Jesus showboating?

It may actually be a good thing for him if he can learn to tone down the "Look at me, I'm Christian!" stuff and just focus on learning what he can from Brady.

I hope he keeps his views and his religion to himself. New Englanders just will not tolerate people being open about.........well, anything. Don't air your dirty laundry in public, you know, and that includes religion. It's not that we don't think your views should be restricted; it's that we really don't care and we'd rather not have you blather on about it.

ESPN has confirmed Tebow to the Pats. I wonder if his saintly demeanor will transform Bellicheck?

More like Belichick will transform Tebow into a team player who realizes he isn't god's gift to football.

More like Belichick will transform Tebow into a team player who realizes he isn't god's gift to football.

I hope this happens. I'm not a huge fan of Bellicheck but he might Tim grow up and stop with the Christian snowflake attitude.

Yeah, my vote's on Belichick. Here's to an interesting season!

Why would they sign him? I mean, for real. He sucks. Literally and figuratively, he sucks.

There is quite a bit speculation that Josh McDaniels pushed for Tebow to be signed. McDaniels coached in Denver part of time Timmy boy was there. I think maybe Bellicheck could transform Tebow into a team player. A part of me thinks Timmy will continue with his "I'm God's gift" attitude. I do think Bellichick might be able to change Timmy into a team player. I bet some New England fans are pissed about this. Many of fans of different teams have been vocal about them not wanting Tebow on their team even before the 2010 draft.

Why would they sign him? I mean, for real. He sucks. Literally and figuratively, he sucks.

He was the the first sophomore to win the Heisman Trophy, so there is talent there. Assuming he survives training camp, Belichick will find a way to utilize him and train him up. As long as Tom Brady remains healthy, Timmy won't be the center of attention no matter how many Bible verses he covers himself with (assuming face painting will even be allowed) and that is probably exactly what Tebow needs if he has any chance of making it in the NFL.

He was the the first sophomore to win the Heisman Trophy, so there is talent there. Assuming he survives training camp, Belichick will find a way to utilize him and train him up. As long as Tom Brady remains healthy, Timmy won't be the center of attention no matter how many Bible verses he covers himself with (assuming face painting will even be allowed) and that is probably exactly what Tebow needs if he has any chance of making it in the NFL.

Re. the bold; Not train him up in the Pearl way I imagine.

They don't allow words (or bible verses) to be put on player's eye black in the NFL. In fact, college football no longer allows it, but they waited 'til Tebow left to make that rule. No wonder he thinks he's such a speshul snowflake.

Yep, and I don't see Tebow playing much at all if Brady does stay healthy. Brady is the far, far better quarterback.

Since Tebow news has been on ESPN all day I'm speculating that he may be the player that causes the team the most distraction -- not Randy Moss, Johnson Ochocinco or some of the other misfit toys that the Patriots have 'reformed'/collected over the years. I don't think that even Bill is going to be able to control the media that follows Timmy.

He has athletic ability but Florida's offense was designed around him to make him look better than he really was. Florida has always had great quarterbacks stats and wins wise but none of them have panned out in the NFL-Danny Wuerrfel, Jesse Palmer, Rex Grossman, Chris Leak.

I doubt he's going to be the back up QB. I see him more as a replacement for Gronk.

NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: What will I do with my "Yo soy fiesta shirt"? But in all seriousness, Tebow doesn't have the skills to replace an injured Gronk (not to mention he has in the past refused to play any other position other than QB). Also, as it has been mentioned before, New Englanders will not take kindly to his preaching. We're very much a "keep your religious beliefs to yourself, I don't want to hear it" type of group.

Archived