IGNORED

Boston Explosions caused by Muslims

SpeakNow

I look forward to reports of Sikh men being abused because idiots think they are 'ebil Muslims'

My sister and her hubby's friend, Day, is Sikh. And he got a lot of harassment after 9/11. I can only imagine all the crap he might be getting now with the likes of Stinking in the world.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The FBI just released pictures from survelliance of two suspects and they look to have dark features. I now worry for many Arabs or non-extremist Muslims.

The FBI just released pictures from survelliance of two suspects and they look to have dark features. I now worry for many Arabs or non-extremist Muslims.

They look like one caucasian and one african american, to me, but it IS hard to tell.

This one looks light-skinned to me. They both look like typical Boston college students.

9ae02c60-eda1-432f-b32e-0dde0571ff7b_400.jpg

20dd8c38-911e-4e66-bb5a-c554fdbf0df0_400.jpg

One did look Caucasian, but now I do worry about Arabs who aren't Muslim, as well as non-extremist Muslims, Sikhs, and anyone with brown or darker skin.

People like Lori are all over the place. My friend Jacob had this conversation with a lady in our local mall. She was speculating that Muslims were behind the Boston bombing -

Lady: I'm not saying all Muslims are terrorists. I'm just saying that the terrorists are Muslims; they have the same holy book, the same beliefs. The terrorists are just more open about about it.

Me: So you've heard about Westboro Baptist Church right?

Lady: Oh my yes, they're an awful group of people.

Me: They're Christian.

Lady: ...

Me: I'm not saying all Christians are like the Westboro Baptist Church, but they have the same holy book, the same beliefs.

Lady: ...

Me: They're just a lot more open about it.

Random Guy Next To Me: *High fives*

I so wished that I was with him.

One did look Caucasian, but now I do worry about Arabs who aren't Muslim, as well as non-extremist Muslims, Sikhs, and anyone with brown or darker skin.

I also worry about those groups too. The other suspect with a dark hat looks a bit darker than the guy with the white hat.

Local Boston station (WCVB) reporter just said that at an FBI briefing earlier today, they were described as "two white men in their 20's".

Local Boston station (WCVB) reporter just said that at an FBI briefing earlier today, they were described as "two white men in their 20's".

Disenfranchised young Republican males?

That is possible. I remember watching a documentary on far right wing extremist and white supremacist groups and one of the participants said something about how he felt that white conservative males are disenfranchised.

I really really hope it wasn't a Muslim because if it was, life is going to be intolerable for a while for many of my Muslim friends and colleagues. Whereas if it's a disenfranchised right wing white Christian American the bombers will be condemned but no-one else will suffer just because of their skin color or religious affiliation.

The Stinking Lousewife's sons?

With all the hate she preaches I wouldn't be surprised of it affected her children in a truly mortifying way. Then again, maybe they'll go out in the real world and realize how full of shit their mother is.

I admit it was the first word of my internal monologue on the bombings:

‘Muslim?’

‘Maybe. Maybe not. Why would I care whether the bombers are Muslims? (What the fuck is the matter with me?) They’re killers – a category that transcends race.’

‘The fundies are going to start pelting news sites with their theories about the brown menace – and so will people who are otherwise average and moderate in their political beliefs. But most of the Muslims I've ever known were white.’

‘If Muslims did do this, then everyone else will have to speak out to defend the whole of Islam from being tarred, or else it could be revenge murders and all manner of other evil aimed at innocent people for crimes they would never have condoned.’

‘Why wasn’t my first thought that right-wing terrorists did this? They’re the more likely culprits – but white bombers like Timothy McVeigh usually act alone. Of course the guy who did this could have acted alone…how the hell would I know? I don’t know more than any other member of the public. No one knows anything for sure. (Why was my first thought about Muslims?)’

McVeigh didn't act alone. First, he had cohorts. Second, they are part of a very large, wide-spread group of Christian haters. Patriots. Synonymous with Tea Party, in some places and some cases. The same people this board focuses on.

0203-militia.jpg?itok=LC1H4NUs

Michigan Militia. Norm Olson and Ray Southwell. Moved to Alaska after the Oklahoma City bombing and helps to build the same organization there. The Alaska Peacemakers Militia, the Citizens Militia and the Second Amendment Task Force. Norm is a preacher with his own church. Spends his free time fomenting civil unrest, hatred and anger. Just generally taking himself very very seriously and stirring up the shit. Spends a lot of time on the internet, blogging invitations to others to come to Alaska and providing instructions on how to get your guns across the Canadian border.

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/e ... extremists

Shucks, they ALL are, anymore! I've realized reading this forum and checking on "ministries" that everyone is a preacher now. Everybody just makes up their own religion and ordains themselves. No need for seminary school or apprenticing; you can be a preacher and a pastor just by the identification as such. Sha-blam! I'm a preacher!

The Hutaree. http://cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/ ... s.cnn.html #cnn

Idaho and Oregon Christian survivalists on a mission to take back 'their' country.

Extremists from one side of this country to the other. The Boston Marathon bomber could be anybody.

Me, I'm thinking it was domestic, not international. Why? No reason. Just do. We have a whole pile of people who display the capacity for that kind of unhesitating cruelty and antisocial behavior, hatred of others. Unrelenting, too. The screams of hatred for others and condemnation of your neighbor hasn't abated one tiny bit this week.

A must-watch: Norm's Militia Scrapbook, VBS.TV

http://www.vice.com/americana/norm-s-mi ... F9JGo1fj6v

I can totally see how straight, white, conservative males might feel disenfranchised in Boston. (sarcasm.) I mean, we've given equal rights to teh ebil gays, we've got an lot of scientific institutions, we're the home of Unitarian Universalism and a lot of atheists who aren't afraid to state their beliefs in a polite, respectful manner, and we throw one heck of a Pride party come June. (True fact: 'Happy Pride!' can be used as a greeting to strangers on Pride weekend, and they will almost always say 'Happy Pride! back.) I mean, in our very own science museum, we have a (rather graphic, actually) exhibit about how babies are made, and there's no mention of a higher being or a stork or a cabbage patch or anything! And right across the hall from that is an exhibit about evolution and the human body!

Do these people even know what disenfranchised mean? I means that your right to vote has been rescinded or has been severely compromised. That's why progressives are alarmed by Voter ID laws. Requiring a photo ID can make it difficult for many people to vote, particularly our most vulnerable citizens -the elderly and poor.

It sounds like the first lead may have come from the poor young man who was seen being wheeled away from the scene with both legs blown off. He looked into the eyes of the one who left a bag near his feet and was able to describe him in detail to the FBI.

news link http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-1 ... ckers.html

This one looks light-skinned to me. They both look like typical Boston college students.

He looks like he *could* be Arabic to me. I don't think he is, but he looks Arabic enough that I can see Muslim-haters claiming he is.

Do these people even know what disenfranchised mean? I means that your right to vote has been rescinded or has been severely compromised.

Not if you're a white man! Then being disenfranchised just means you've lost your white/male privilege :Roll:

I really really hope it wasn't a Muslim because if it was, life is going to be intolerable for a while for many of my Muslim friends and colleagues. Whereas if it's a disenfranchised right wing white Christian American the bombers will be condemned but no-one else will suffer just because of their skin color or religious affiliation.

It would be interesting to live in a country where RW white Christian males had to resort to violence to get their point across. As opposed to whatever it is they do now, which is just sit in their living rooms waiting or thing to default their way.

The bombers are Chechen, living legally in the USA. There may be links to Al Qaeda.

Chechen rebels quite often sent their trainees to fight in Jihadi wars. As did the IRA and most other terrorist organisations. It's not like there is a centralised boot camp for terrorists. So links to Al Quaeda appears at the moment more a self fulfilling American desire to understand why, Al Qaeda would make sense, but Chechnya?

Chechen rebels quite often sent their trainees to fight in Jihadi wars. As did the IRA and most other terrorist organisations. It's not like there is a centralised boot camp for terrorists. So links to Al Quaeda appears at the moment more a self fulfilling American desire to understand why, Al Qaeda would make sense, but Chechnya?

Yes, I agree about Al Qaeda. I was repeating that from the news feed i'm watching (ABC 5 Boston). Now I'm noticing some of the things they are saying are a bit..... :?

Chechens are nuts. Crazy m-f*ckers. Makes Al Queda look like Little Mary Sunshine.

Chechens are nuts. Crazy m-f*ckers. Makes Al Queda look like Little Mary Sunshine.

For some reason I keep on imagining Vladimir Putin pacing around his office in the Kremlin launching an absolute tirade of profanity.

Archived