IGNORED

Major Tornado in Arkansas

gustava

That storm last night was no joke, y'all. I'm from South Carolina and am used to hurricanes so storms don't scare me; they actually relax me and I sleep like a baby. But here in AR, these things are seriously scary. I was putting supper on the table and it was absolutely black outside and lightening hit about 100 feet behind my house and I actually screamed. My husband swore that tornadoes didn't happen in this part of AR when he was convincing me to move here. Sonuvagun lied straight to my face. That shit is scary.

That storm last night was no joke, y'all. I'm from South Carolina and am used to hurricanes so storms don't scare me; they actually relax me and I sleep like a baby. But here in AR, these things are seriously scary. I was putting supper on the table and it was absolutely black outside and lightening hit about 100 feet behind my house and I actually screamed. My husband swore that tornadoes didn't happen in this part of AR when he was convincing me to move here. Sonuvagun lied straight to my face. That shit is scary.

Small world! I'm from SC, also, and remember the "big ones" back in the day. Tornadoes are indeed scary. So glad you are safe.

Weather was nasty yesterday! I'm in OH, and my daughter's school was hit by lightning and caught on fire yesterday afternoon. Thankfully, it was a very small fire and was put out quickly, and they even had the kids back at school today. I was pretty surprised about that one, thought. I figured they'd be out the rest of the week. Thank the FSM, everyone made it out safely. We had some nasty, nasty lightning, though. We're in an odd little pocket of the state that gets nastier stormy weather than most other parts. But hey, we have a basement now, so that's always a nice thing.

Thanks gustava. I'm safe, but my husband may not be for long if we don't move to a calmer area. You know, cause hurricanes are so much calmer :lol: Paganhomschooler, my dream as a kid was that the school would burn down. I didn't think too far beyond the no more school part. Never occurred to me that I'd just have to attend another one :doh: . The follies of my youth. *sigh*

We know what will happen if the Duggars go there at all. It'll be like Joplin, Missouri where they spent the day on photo-ops, palmed off the Howlers/Lost Girls on some of the relief workers, while getting in the way of the actual first responders (you know, the ones who actually can't stop for their photos). And the girls will all be wearing flip-flops.

Thanks gustava. I'm safe, but my husband may not be for long if we don't move to a calmer area. You know, cause hurricanes are so much calmer :lol: Paganhomschooler, my dream as a kid was that the school would burn down. I didn't think too far beyond the no more school part. Never occurred to me that I'd just have to attend another one :doh: . The follies of my youth. *sigh*

lol We used to get "bomb threats" once or twice a year to our little hobunk country high school. They were always a senior prank kind of thing, but we thought it was just awesome we got out of class for the day! My poor daughter gets very anxious in stressful situations. She fell into a bin of water once in 2nd grade at school and was nearly catatonic by the time I got there with dry clothes. She's also got sensory issues and could never stand wet clothes. She will go so far as to not participate in water balloon fights. Not only was she upset by the fire and she had to leave all her things yesterday when they evacuated, she got wet walking across the parking lot to the high school. I could tell by the look on her face when the bus pulled up she was not handling it well. All the neighbor kids were jumping for joy and thought it was the coolest thing ever, and she ran to me sobbing. Poor kid. I've been worried all day how she's doing.

My 7th grade self, OTOH, would have been with you! lol What my classmates and I wouldn't have given for the place to burn to the ground to get out of class. My other kids are all still homeschooled, and THEY pine away for books and computers to spontaneously combust or crumble so they don't have to do school work.

Oh I hate tornadoes! Scary stuff!! We had warnings or a watch, I forget, in Mississippi... But it was just thunder, lightning, and very strong winds.

Eta- we always get warnings and watches but nothing comes of them. Although a couple years ago a little town near my hometown, Smithville, was destroyed. It was horrible!!

I expect the Duggars to rush up there immediately and save the day :angelic-cyan: :angelic-cyan: :angelic-cyan: :angelic-cyan:

Saves the producers the trouble of having to think up an episode idea themselves. Thank the LORD for sending this inspiration. :pray:

In all seriousness, I hope everyone in the area's okay. Tornadoes sound terrifying.

One can only wonder what Kelly "two chicken breasts" of generation cedar will have to say about this. Wonder if she'll post another picture of a heart covering the tornado?

One can only wonder what Kelly "two chicken breasts" of generation cedar will have to say about this. Wonder if she'll post another picture of a heart covering the tornado?

Nothing. It isn't about her so she won't give a shit. If it doesn't affect her, it doesn't matter. She has more important things to worry about like how to feed 11 people with one tomato and a piece of chicken and give a recipe for blending it up and feeding it to them with some bread as a side.

"Mine eyes have seen the glory of the burning of the school

We have tortured every teachers; we have broken every rule"

My dad told us a long time ago that he and another boy set their high school afire when they were teenagers. I think they might have been smoking in the basement. They ended up having to go to Marrowbone High for the rest of the year.

I am glad to see their were no fatalities in the tornado.

"Mine eyes have seen the glory of the burning of the school

We have tortured every teachers; we have broken every rule"

My dad told us a long time ago that he and another boy set their high school afire when they were teenagers. I think they might have been smoking in the basement. They ended up having to go to Marrowbone High for the rest of the year.

I am glad to see their were no fatalities in the tornado.

I feel for people who were injured or lost homes or buildings. I agree with a few other FJers, expect an episode of 19kac on the tornadoes.

Weather was nasty yesterday! I'm in OH, and my daughter's school was hit by lightning and caught on fire yesterday afternoon. Thankfully, it was a very small fire and was put out quickly, and they even had the kids back at school today. I was pretty surprised about that one, thought. I figured they'd be out the rest of the week. Thank the FSM, everyone made it out safely. We had some nasty, nasty lightning, though. We're in an odd little pocket of the state that gets nastier stormy weather than most other parts. But hey, we have a basement now, so that's always a nice thing.

That must have been scary!

I expect them to hand out signed copies of "A Love That Multiples" to inspire the victims in their time of need. Ugh! Could the Duggars be bigger fame whores?

I look forward to an episode with JimBoob standing around talking about all they help they are giving. Whilst JD & Joseph are the only ones who are being of any use. Maybe Jana too if she stayed up until 4am making sandwiches for people.

Archived