IGNORED

Openmindsopenhearts (Catholic fundie) back with new blog

samurai_sarah

After a year's radio silence, Amy from "Open minds and open hearts" is back with a new blog as of March: beforeuwereborn.wordpress.com

For those who don't know, Catholic blogger Amy briefly posted here at FJ, using the screen-name "openmindheart". She's very anti-choice, and first popped up on FJ here:

http://www.freejinger.org/forums/viewto ... #gsc.tab=0

leading to: http://www.freejinger.org/forums/viewto ... #gsc.tab=0

(where she claims that she "gets it now")

A comment here, about abortion in the UK: http://www.freejinger.org/forums/viewto ... #gsc.tab=0

And finally: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6697#gsc.tab=0

Not long after that she stopped blogging. I was clearing out bookmarks today, and clicked her old blog. Well, yes, she has a new blog. It's difficult to read and the rambling, just like before, continues. Or maybe I'm just cranky with a headache. No, actually, I really don't know what she's trying to say in her intro-post:

When I blogged before it became my outlet. A way I felt I could help people, while still getting done what needed done here. (Not that I always felt like doing or actually did that to begin with, but, trust me, that’s a whole other post yet to come.)

But the kicker of what made me feel like maybe it “wasn’t worth it†was that hubby pointed out how it’s been said we should listen twice as much as we talk. I mean,am I listening to you right now? What was that? I couldn’t hear you. Maybe You NEED To SCream Louder INTO the COMPUTER LIKE I DID INTO MY DYING PHONE!

Yes, that helped. Didn’t it? About as much as yelling at someone who doesn’t understand English.

And now, my head hurts even more. So, really, just a PSA, getting all the info I know of into one place, for when she comes round looking for attention again.

Edited for blog-title and for riffles

Was she here a while back before flouncing?

She last visited Feb, 20th 2012 and flounced March 22nd 1012.

3-(To Catholics specifically since you know LESS about the faith than the people who hate us (I know because I used to be right there with you: There is a reason our religious ed director calls it “The Kumbya eraâ€), but any one else would benefit as well.) At least hear the term “theology of the body†for the FIRST time. Read ANYTHING by Christopher West. He rocks! (I am currently re-reading Good News about Sex and Marriage to make sure I didn’t post heresy in my sacrament post last week. The question and answer format is very helpful.)

Ah, she's singing the same old song. Catholics who disagree with the hierarchy, or Pope Amy herself, are soooo stupid and ignorant!! :roll:

Ah, she's singing the same old song. Catholics who disagree with the hierarchy, or Pope Amy herself, are soooo stupid and ignorant!! :roll:

At least, from the little I could manage to read, she has stopped pretending that she's sooooo open-minded. For all that's worth... And I could be wrong, because that black background and small white font was doing my head in.

Oh I do hope she visits :lol:

Rather unfortunate name really.

I'm not sure she understands how to use the word "outlet". Normally, the way she used it in that sentence, I would assume she meant her blog was a place for her to vent. But then she explains it was a place to give other people advice (thanks...) while she was still maybe? doing the other things she needed to do in her life. So I don't think that post is going to make sense, because she didn't choose the appropriate word to begin with.

Props to her husband though for pointing out she should listen more often and not be so domineering. I mean, I don't know what their relationship is like, and if he was trying to make her more submissive, maybe. But I do remember the last time she came on here, and trying to understand people by listening to them instead of jumping right ahead to judging sounds like something she needed/needs to work on.

Oh god, she is horrible. I don't want her to come back. She just needs to change her name to "close minded bitch."

I get this a lot from Catholics, being a lapsed Catholic myself. If I just understood Catholicism, I'd return to it. Bitch, I grew up Catholic. I went to Catholic elementary school, high school and college. I went to mass every. single. day. On Sundays, I went to mass, then CCD, then mass again.

Not understanding Catholicism is not my problem.

If by help she means proselytize others, then she should STFU. Seriously, I remember her. We don't need missionaries anymore. What with holy books readily availabe around the world and the internet, people can now decide for themselves if they want to be part of a religion or not instead of being brainwashed by mailpeople. Don't people such as openmindopenheart realize this? Why do so many Christians advise people to read books instead of the actual Bible in which they don't seem to read the New Testament where Jesus is but a lot of the Old Testament/ don't read the fucking book at all?

Um, as long as somebody adhers to Jesus's teachings from a Bible, believes that Jesus was born from the Virgin Mary, suffered died and was burried, then yes, they are Christians. Just because they have icons shouldn't matter.

Archived