IGNORED

Why Do People Defend the Duggars?

muffynbear

Maybe there are some people who wish that it could be true. That you can have a buttload of kids and still be able to feed them and nuture them into adulthood. That is why I fell for it at first. I always wanted a big happy family (at least 6 boys but would have loved 6 and 6 or 8 and 8 of each) but in reality my body, our time, our money, our engery and patience never could have been able to do it. I love children but I love them enough not to collect them and then neglect them because I can't spread myself thin enough to be their only mother.

Maybe Quiverfull of Lies

Some of the kids will leave the lifestyle. I think Josh and maybe the older kids will turn fundie lite. Josh is showing signs of that. I think it will be some of the younger kids that will turn mainstream Christian and have less conservative lives and maybe they will go public years from now and they will probably admit that a lot of stuff was staged.

And whaddya know, the friend I was talking about earlier just put on Facebook: "I LOVE THE DUGGARS!!! Such a great example of a home centered around Christ and love. :)"

Yes... loving family... so loving that most of their kids go unnoticed and the older children are missing out on life because they are having to take care of their parents' selfishness. I just want to scoop up Justin and Jordyn and give them the love and attention they deserve. Poor little sweeties!

I'm watching some of the Duggar's youtube videos and I CANNOT believe the comments that some people are leaving:

If you read one of their books you see they really are who they say they are . This family is genuine. They love the Lord and have been given so much wisdom on how to operate a family in the fear of the Lord .

strugger1 1 day ago

Is that the best looking family in the world?!

Cookey77 1 week ago

It's fantastic to see a functioning Christian family.

Cookey77 1 week ago 2

MEGA FAMILY!

RonMaday 1 week ago

a family of 19....that just looks like so much fun

Siscast 1 week ago

Ray Comfort is so clever!

TeejKaPow 1 week ago

aaaah I love thissss :) I love 19 kids and counting and the way of the master!!!!!! seeing y'all together looked like so much fun :D all you need is Eric and Leslie Ludy there with y'all and you've got my 3 favorite ministries! :D

michelaspage 1 week ago

Absolutely no need, look at the love, joy and happiness of that family. There soldiers for Christ our Lord!!!

MaureenHart777 1 week ago

What a bunch of brainwashed dumbasses. That is all.

I'm puzzled. I don't know why there are people that actually buy into the Duggar's image? Can't people see that College Minus! is a scam and that they're never going to let the J'slaves have a real education? There's this article about College Minus! in which the Duggars try to make it seem like it's a real school. I commented several months ago on that article that the Duggars are basically lying about College Minus and this smug woman responded: "It's their business". WTF does that mean? It turns out that this woman is a bible-thumper (based on her profile). I just can't believe that The Duggars have people fooled so easily and people won't bother to question their motives at all. Can't people see that the Duggars are scam artists?

I haven't read all the responses in this thread yet, but I got a response from her on that article too! I said that poor Jordyn was the forgotten Duggar because the article didn't list her with all the other kids. That was back in April, and a ton of others commented on it, so it's not like I was seeing things. I guess the writer must have corrected her mistake without mentioning it, because a few days ago I got a notification saying that someone responded to my comment. It was the same woman that commented to you telling me Jordyn was listed. I responded saying yes, I imagine they had the time to edit the article in the last three-plus months. :roll:

Guest Anonymous
I'm watching some of the Duggar's youtube videos and I CANNOT believe the comments that some people are leaving:

If you read one of their books you see they really are who they say they are . This family is genuine. They love the Lord and have been given so much wisdom on how to operate a family in the fear of the Lord .

strugger1 1 day ago

Cookey77 1 week ago

Cookey77 1 week ago 2

MEGA FAMILY!

RonMaday 1 week ago

Siscast 1 week ago

TeejKaPow 1 week ago

aaaah I love thissss :) I love 19 kids and counting and the way of the master!!!!!! seeing y'all together looked like so much fun :D all you need is Eric and Leslie Ludy there with y'all and you've got my 3 favorite ministries! :D

michelaspage 1 week ago

Absolutely no need, look at the love, joy and happiness of that family. There soldiers for Christ our Lord!!!

And illiterate, to boot.

strugger1 1 day ago

Cookey77 1 week ago

Cookey77 1 week ago 2

MEGA FAMILY!

RonMaday 1 week ago

Siscast 1 week ago

TeejKaPow 1 week ago

michelaspage 1 week ago

Some of the fans probably don't think in depth about the Duggars. I have seen similar comments on various sites in articles or videos involving the Duggars.

I really roll my eyes when I read comments about how people think it is "fun for a family of 19". A family that size isn't always fun and probably those kids at times probably hate being crammed in that bus and having to share rooms with 3 or 4 other kids.

I can't wait until TLC premieres that show about the Muslim family because of some of the Duggar defenders will probably cry at thought of their beloved Duggars having to share a network with a Muslim family.

I think my mother loves them because they make her feel not so alone--they feel like friends to her. She grew up in a very normal American girlhood with school, friends, neighbors, college, etc, and now she has almost no friends and almost never sees them. She's lonely. She also likes that she has that show because my little sisters watch it and she likes the idea that it makes them feel that having a big family is normal (we have 10). Not that my sisters have much anything to compare themselves to.

I've never understood the appeal of the Duggars, but I live in Europe and so I've never seen the programmes, for all I know I might like the family in them.

Anyway, most people who defend the Duggars, in my experience, either say "but they all love each other so much!" or, they feel that, as liberals, they mustn't criticize the Duggars to show that they're open-minded and tolerant, or that because they support a woman's reproductive rights, they must be ok with the Duggars just as much as they are with a woman having an abortion or choosing to have no kids.

I don't really get it because tolerating something doesn't mean necessarily being ok with it personally.

I used to be almost enchanted with the Duggars. I thought that Michelle and Anna had the ideal life. I just thought the whole family was the best invention since sliced bread. Now, I'm just "over it". I no longer see them as just a cute, harmless, and wholesome family with a lot of children. I guess as Luckylassie got older she got more aware.

Archived