IGNORED

Lazy Lyndsie's been guest blogging!

WonderingInWA

Ooooo, I just found this! It's her testimony on becoming a mother, and she's finally admitting a couple of things (that she really didn't know what she was doing and ultimately made some mistakes and that she is g-darned lucky to have waited only a year to get TWO kids). Maybe motherhood has humbled her some.

holliemims.blogspot.com/2013/03/while-i-wait.html

AND, here's a recent photo. When they first got Aubrey.2 (because Aubrey.1 fell through), I thought the two kids looked like they could be biological siblings. I'm not so sure anymore. (oh, crap, I can't figure out how to upload the photo! HELLLPPPPP!)

And...discuss!

post-573-14451997535761_thumb.jpg

The way she described it didn't sound to me like they were from the same birth family. One was extremely emotional and heartbreaking, the other was precious. Or something. She's taking a page out of Sarah's book. A sweet family blessed them with a dinner child.

I had to laugh at Daniel's hair. I remember a thread several months back about some recent FB pics of them and a few people here were WTF about Daniel's hair. As mentioned in previous threads, Ethan looks cross eyed or has a lazy eye

From the FB page, I thought these pics of the kids were cute

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=605820252765559&set=pb.128207157193540.-2207520000.1364698434&type=3&theater

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=533945663286352&set=pb.128207157193540.-2207520000.1364698434&type=3&theater

I also think that is possible that Ethan and Aubrey are biological siblings. Another theory for the two adoptions in one year could be due to the fact that Daniel's dad is a court judge. He might have spread the word in the legal community about Daniel and Lyndsie wanting to adopt and maybe two women found out about this somehow.

The fact that Aubrey 2.0 has a precious birth mom AND family makes me think teen mom forced into it. It maybe the fact that I have trouble imaginging a mature woman picking Lyndsie with her health history. The kids could be siblings but the description of their adoptions didn't make it sound that way. Ethan probably came from word of mouth through the courts with somebody about to loose custody anyways.

Did anyone feel that part at the end about not being entitled was directed at us?

The fact that Aubrey 2.0 has a precious birth mom AND family makes me think teen mom forced into it. It maybe the fact that I have trouble imaginging a mature woman picking Lyndsie with her health history. The kids could be siblings but the description of their adoptions didn't make it sound that way. Ethan probably came from word of mouth through the courts with somebody about to loose custody anyways.

Did anyone feel that part at the end about not being entitled was directed at us?

Yes, I certainly thought it was. I think we might have been responsible for her shutting down her blog. Someone said her brother used to read here a few years ago so I'm sure she's familiar with all that has been said about her.

Am I the only one surprised she hasn't started putting product in Ethan's hair? C'mon, Lazy, spend less time on your makeup and give that kid some style just like Daddy!

Yes, I certainly thought it was. I think we might have been responsible for her shutting down her blog. Someone said her brother used to read here a few years ago so I'm sure she's familiar with all that has been said about her.

I wasn't a member of FJ yuku at the time her brother posted there. I know other FJers said it happend right after the adoption with Aubrey 1.0 fell through. I think the reason reason Lyndsie shut down her blog was because the birth mom of Aubrey 1.0 found FJ yuku and started posting there. I remember the birth mom went by the username Sunny. At first she thought FJ was solely devoted to talking about Daniel and Lyndsie. We had to explain to her the purpose of FJ. She then posted about her dealings with the Brookers. She said that she liked Daniel and Lyndsie, but she ended the process with them because she didn't like how they answered a question. She also said that Lyndsie claimed that she was cancer free. But on the blog, Lyndsie admitted to still having some kind of cancer cells in her body.

Sunny also said that she found another couple for her daughter. She also said she was still in contact with Daniel and Lynsdie. Right around the same time Sunny was posting on FJ yuku, Daniel and Lyndsie adopted Ethan and Lyndsie told Sunny about it in an email and Sunny posted those details on the boards.

Here is the first thread that Sunny started. It is a long thread.

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/7107/W ... Vha-RlTvBA

I think Sunny posted in this thread. I'm looking through it now

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/7175/L ... VhbrRlTvBA

This thread gives a summary of some of the things Sunny said and FJers were theorizing that Lyndsie shut down the blog because of Sunny's posts

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/7401/L ... VhcEhlTvBA

I liked Lyndsie's blog. She seemed a sweet, naive kid. From what I understand Ethan's parents were going to lose custody anyway so they chose Lyndsie to adopt. With Aubrey it was a pregnant women's choice. I think it's rather harsh saying she was forced into giving Aubrey up for adoption-we have nothing to indicate that.

I liked Lyndsie's blog. She seemed a sweet, naive kid. From what I understand Ethan's parents were going to lose custody anyway so they chose Lyndsie to adopt. With Aubrey it was a pregnant women's choice. I think it's rather harsh saying she was forced into giving Aubrey up for adoption-we have nothing to indicate that.

Lyndsie is a narcissist. Sweet and naive she is definitely not.

Lyndsie did bothered me, but I found her more likable compared to some of the other bloggers we discuss here. I think some FJers disliked her to due to the fact that they had the adoption fund going on while not working. Prior to marrying Daniel, she worked at a hair salon. One time on the blog, she said that the once she married Daniel, she decided to focus on being his wife and another time she said her reason for not working was private. When I re read the FJ yuku threads, Sunny said something about Daniel and Lyndsie never telling her about the adoption fund, but she also said that she had read the blog.

Lyndsie could have worked part time and put money into the adoption fund. She could have quit once they got a baby. Right before the adoption of Ethan happened, she did a few postings where she talked about how they were saving money. The only things they were doing were shopping at TJ Maxx, thrift stores, and Target. They were still going out to eat frequently and I remember they were giving each other expensive things.

Lyndsie did a guest blog thing last year on another blog and she said there that were other failed adoptions in addition to Aubrey 1.0. I think Lyndsie's lack of education or vocational training might have been a turn off for at least one birth mom. I'm not trying to be harsh, but if I was giving up a child, I would give the child to a couple that has some kind of backup plan in case something happened to one of them. I think L&D will try to adopt as many kids as they can. Most of their friends and relatives are fundie lite types who are going to have more than 2 kids. L&D will want to always fit in.

Damn. Comment moderation was off, so I was able to let a little gem of a comment about Lyndsie taking the blog private once Ethan was adopted, and about her fundraising while refusing to work. It's gone now. Wish I'd copied and pasted it here for posterity :( Live and learn.

Lyndsie did bothered me, but I found her more likable compared to some of the other bloggers we discuss here. I think some FJers disliked her to due to the fact that they had the adoption fund going on while not working. Prior to marrying Daniel, she worked at a hair salon. One time on the blog, she said that the once she married Daniel, she decided to focus on being his wife and another time she said her reason for not working was private. When I re read the FJ yuku threads, Sunny said something about Daniel and Lyndsie never telling her about the adoption fund, but she also said that she had read the blog.

Lyndsie could have worked part time and put money into the adoption fund. She could have quit once they got a baby. Right before the adoption of Ethan happened, she did a few postings where she talked about how they were saving money. The only things they were doing were shopping at TJ Maxx, thrift stores, and Target. They were still going out to eat frequently and I remember they were giving each other expensive things.

Lyndsie did a guest blog thing last year on another blog and she said there that were other failed adoptions in addition to Aubrey 1.0. I think Lyndsie's lack of education or vocational training might have been a turn off for at least one birth mom. I'm not trying to be harsh, but if I was giving up a child, I would give the child to a couple that has some kind of backup plan in case something happened to one of them. I think L&D will try to adopt as many kids as they can. Most of their friends and relatives are fundie lite types who are going to have more than 2 kids. L&D will want to always fit in.

I wonder what she did at the beauty salon? And she was offensive because she was constantly buying new clothes, taking pictures of herself (and of her and Daniel together), showing photos of where they would go out for dinner, photos of her house and all the decorating she was doing, and all the fancy furniture they had, and then begging people for money to fund her adoption. If she'd worn no makeup for a month, that money could have been the start to a lovely adoption fund for them.

Damn. Comment moderation was off, so I was able to let a little gem of a comment about Lyndsie taking the blog private once Ethan was adopted, and about her fundraising while refusing to work. It's gone now. Wish I'd copied and pasted it here for posterity :( Live and learn.

Where did you post your comment -- FB?

I wonder what she did at the beauty salon? And she was offensive because she was constantly buying new clothes, taking pictures of herself (and of her and Daniel together), showing photos of where they would go out for dinner, photos of her house and all the decorating she was doing, and all the fancy furniture they had, and then begging people for money to fund her adoption. If she'd worn no makeup for a month, that money could have been the start to a lovely adoption fund for them.

QFT

I'm not sure why, but I also find it offensive that the first baby girl she was planning on adopting was named Aubrey, and Lyndsie just recycled the name for Aubrey 2.0. It just smacks of child collecting to me.

At least the babies are wanted. That's way ahead of some fundie family planning.

Lyndsie doesn't look very healthy on the more recent photos. I hope for her babies' sake that she is okay.

QFT

I'm not sure why, but I also find it offensive that the first baby girl she was planning on adopting was named Aubrey, and Lyndsie just recycled the name for Aubrey 2.0. It just smacks of child collecting to me.

At least the babies are wanted. That's way ahead of some fundie family planning.

Lyndsie doesn't look very healthy on the more recent photos. I hope for her babies' sake that she is okay.

She named her baby Aubrey Ann (version 1.0) before she even knew she was for sure getting the baby. They had a baby shower for her, they took tons of photos of all the AA-monogrammed junk she got at her shower, they had a photo session on the beach of her and Daniel with the ultrasound photo of who she named Aubrey Ann, even though it wasn't signed/sealed/delivered. Apparently the name "Aubrey" was a lifelong dream for her. So when Ver. 1.0 fell thru, she just recycled the name and all the other baby junk for Version 2.0, which is just so, SO tacky in so many ways.

Oh, and BTW, between ver. 1.0 and ver. 2.0 came Ethan 1.0, and she can't even bother to style his hair, but maybe that's supposed to be Daniel's job.

She wasn't any more narcissistic than most 22 year olds I knew. They plastered thousands of photos just like that on Facebook. It's what most girls do now.

But yeah that did annoy me her not working but asking for money. She said it was because a friend suggested she put it up but dude...you could have said no.

Anyway she seems like a born mother & that's all she's ever wanted to do, so good for her.

She wasn't any more narcissistic than most 22 year olds I knew. They plastered thousands of photos just like that on Facebook. It's what most girls do now.

But yeah that did annoy me her not working but asking for money. She said it was because a friend suggested she put it up but dude...you could have said no.

Anyway she seems like a born mother & that's all she's ever wanted to do, so good for her.

A born mother who had a hysterectomy at a very young age (was it 19?) who wanted nothing more in life than to be a mother. Honestly, the cancer situation won my sympathy. but the fact she didn't have any insurance so had all her surgeries/treatments done for free through some appeal they made to someone made me lose a little of that feeling (at that age, she should have still been covered by her parents' insurance, unless they didn't have any either). But the endless house photos and clothing photos and those car photos (over and over and over again) and dinners out photos and vacation photos. Um? So, over time, she figured out life really WASN'T all about her (at least I hope she did) and she started selling her clothes online and had a garage sale and started selling Mary Kay (which is hilarious, because I'm pretty sure no one needs as much Mary Kay as she does, except maybe her sister, Kendyl, who also is an over-applier). I think she tried to reverse her onilne image but knew she couldn't so that's why she shut down her blog.

Lyndsie, the internet never forgets.

I remember she said she was an assistant at salon. A friend of mine had a similar job at salon. She would sweep up hair, cleaning the building, help with hair washing, etc. I think Lyndsie was probably doing those kinds of things. Lyndsie said she considered going to beauty school, but we all know her calling ended up being wife and mother. I do think Lyndsie is happy in those roles. She is much better than ThatWife aka Jenna and her Ashley Lancaster who is a friend of Lyndsie's. The things I would worry with Lyndsie are 1) Her cancer coming back or 2) Something happens to Daniel or he loses his job and Lyndsie might end up facing financial problems.

I recall someone here had a thread about L&D putting their house on the market.

Yes, the thread about the house wasn't too long ago. I wasn't the one that posted it, but someone found it on MLS, I think. My assumption was that they were moving closer to her family or something, or somewhere where Daniel was being transferred. It was a pretty house with lots of nice finishing work, but maybe they are finding that keeping up financially with two kids and all that makeup and all the fancy decorating and vacations really IS outside of their means so maybe they are scaling back. And it would be a disaster if Daniel lost his government job -- goodbye medial benefits, and welcome to the real world!

A born mother who had a hysterectomy at a very young age (was it 19?) who wanted nothing more in life than to be a mother. Honestly, the cancer situation won my sympathy. but the fact she didn't have any insurance so had all her surgeries/treatments done for free through some appeal they made to someone made me lose a little of that feeling (at that age, she should have still been covered by her parents' insurance, unless they didn't have any either). But the endless house photos and clothing photos and those car photos (over and over and over again) and dinners out photos and vacation photos. Um? So, over time, she figured out life really WASN'T all about her (at least I hope she did) and she started selling her clothes online and had a garage sale and started selling Mary Kay (which is hilarious, because I'm pretty sure no one needs as much Mary Kay as she does, except maybe her sister, Kendyl, who also is an over-applier). I think she tried to reverse her onilne image but knew she couldn't so that's why she shut down her blog.

Lyndsie, the internet never forgets.

I was glad that Lyndsie received treatments and surgeries through the teaching hospital. IIRC, Lyndsie wasn't covered by her parents' insurance because she wasn't attending college. My guesses are that her parents didn't snap about that until it was too late. I also think the financial help Lyndsie and her family received during her cancer bouts, made her way too comfortable with asking for help from others. I'm not trying to be cruel. But I think when it came time for adoption, she felt that it was ok to ask for donations because others had helped her in the past during her cancer bouts. An FJer found news articles that detailed fundraiser events for some of Lyndsie's medical bills. When she and Daniel were planning their wedding, she said that they were on a tight budget. A bridal shop gave her a dress free of charge and I believe a photographer shot the wedding for free.

There is a huge difference between getting assistance to treat a life threatening disease and asking for financial donations to fund an adoption. As mentioned before, if Lyndsie had been working at least part time, many wouldn't have issues with her . The saying "God helps those who help themselves" didn't apply to a fundie lite couple like Lyndsie and Daniel. I'm willing to bet that some of the people who know them in their day to day lives were fed up with their entitled attitudes. She did have a couple of yard sales and if they advertised those yard sales, I wouldn't be surprised if locals went and found her blog and were annoyed with them.

I think Lyndsie felt like she deserved a baby, deserved to have people give her the money for adoption, deserved all the clothes/house decorations/make-up, all while she sat there and did absolutely nothing. She is nothing more than spoiled.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there she is with the same Mary-Kay-embalmed copy/paste face with the same identical, frozen smile. Was this programmed into her at some point in her youth? During pageant training, maybe?

I remember the pics of the Aubrey 1.0 shower (at which time the baby wasn't even born, much less made available for adoption). In one pic, she said she was doing the "ugly cry"--I thought she just looked not-posed for once.

One of our members from the Yuku days was from Sweden, IIRC, and said that the shower (complete with pink Bible stamped with Aubrey's name) looked like a European satire of American materialism.

I also remember the Aubrey 1.0 shower pics and I also remember pics of Daniel and Lyndsie at Babies R' Us store looking at strollers. Lyndsie then said something about people staring at them in the store. I thought it was dumb of Lyndsie and Daniel's parents to give them that mini shower thing before the baby was even born. I wonder if they felt stupid when that adoption fell through.

I think the shower was over the top and silly especially since it was held a months before the due date and right after they found out they would be adopting like within a week or two. Lyndsie does appear to be a better mother then a lot of other fundies but that doesn't mean she's not materialistic and has a sense of entitlement.

Archived