IGNORED

What's For Dinner - Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're having asynchronous dinner, since TP has choir and I am meeting up with friends for an art and writing party. Scrambled eggs and sauteed bell peppers. Green salad.

Greek Easter Dinner:

Roasted leg of lamb, roasted potatoes, steamed asparagus with lemon, shredded romaine salad, pita of spinach, beet greens, feta, and herbs, shredded beet salad. The unexpected treat this year was homemade pork sausage smoked on an equally homemade Greek ghetto smoker of my uncle's creation. We gave him many kudos. Meal ended with the traditional fruit, followed by Easter cookies, sweet Easter bread, and coffee. It goes without saying there was also liberal use of wine and beer.

Best part? I did not cook a damn bit of it. :D

Vegetarian tacos, with Trader Joe's meatless ground, avocado chunks, romaine lettuce, and extra-sharp cheddar. I had a mango topped with a scoop of Jeni's Roasted Strawberry Buttermilk ice cream for dessert.

Last night, sandwiches-- sauteed rapini with garlic and pepper flakes, with a soft mild sheep cheese. Cherry clafouti for dessert.

Tonight, tomato and goat cheese pizza. Mixed green salad.

Nothing fancy tonight - a banana/yogurt smoothie (that I spiked with a little rum). A piece of sourdough toast broiled with a little mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce.

Now why have I never thought of spiking a smoothie? :)

Steamed artichokes with a sauce of walnut oil, lemon, Parmesan. Ravioli filled with peas and mint. The Partner had more chocolate cake for dessert; I had some toast with lemon marmalade.

We made the cherry-chicory salad again, this time using endive and frisee (and a bit of radish greenery, since we had it). Toasted hazelnuts and some mild sheep cheese for extra protein. We were going to have bread with it, but ran out, so made rice with butter, lemon, and mint to accompany it.

^^^Apricot clafouti sounds like such a lovely spring dessert, Rachel.

I made myself an early supper of a grilled cheese sandwich, made with sourdough bread, munster cheese, and garlic. A rather potent mojito for dessert, with the first of the season's garden mint.

Again, nothing too fancy for my dinner tonight. I had a cheese quesadilla, some pineapple, and I'm chasing that with a cranberry juice/vodka/seltzer cocktail.

^ I rarely drink alcohol, but your beverages always sound amazing to me.

We're having pea and mint ravioli. (I can't quit this stuff-- it's so good.) I was going to roast some beets to have alongside, but it's warm enough I'm just going to saute their greens-- the roots will keep until it cools down.

I had been going to make chawan mushi, rice, and stir-fried bok choy with cashews tonight, but it is too bloody hot to use the stove.

My current plan is to chop up some cucumber, olives and tomato, stir in half a can of chickpeas, a bunch of oregano, and olive oil, plop it atop a mound of either bok choy or chopped pea greens (lacking more traditional lettuce), and call it salad. I will then chase it with a bunch of ancient but still good tangerine sorbet.

Tomorrow will be cooler.

I missed lunch today, so picked up a veggie sub from Firehouse on the way home about 4:00 PM. For second supper, I polished off a couple of pieces of toast, a little fresh mozzarella, and some pineapple.

After a co-worker brought it for lunch several times this week and it smelled delicious, I made Senegalese peanut stew.

Tomorrow will be cooler.

And, no! Still hot.

I had a salad of black beans, corn, chiles, bell pepper, roasted tomato, and red onion.

Cool enough to cook again! I am making chawan mushi with carrot and ginger in it, along with steamed rice and stir-fried bok choy and bell pepper.

If we have room for anything sweet at the end, I am chilling some peach slices in a white wine syrup.

The last of the cardoons! The Partner blanched them this afternoon, and we'll gratinee them for dinner, accompanied by some assertive greens.

Made sushi! Spinach gomaae for a salad, I made a roasted yam roll, avocado maki, California roll with real crab I boiled myself, dynamite roll, spicy tuna roll, and tuna nigiri. Mango sorbet for dessert. Chasing it down with some fernet branca on the rocks, a strange minty Italian digestive that's a bit like a dare in drink form, but strangely enjoyable!

I went with MrDrPusey to a picnic function he had for his work. I had a veggie burger (no bun), some potato salad, some fruit salad, the cole slaw that I made, and an M and M cookie. 'Twas all tasty.

Snap peas with brown butter and sage. Bulgur pilaf with onion, bell pepper, herbs, and almonds.

Archived