IGNORED

The earring thread

Maul the Koala

I cannot lie, I love making earrings. Does anyone else make earrings? I think I like working with chain the best and then connecting beads together. I've been trying to teach myself and it's definitely the process.

Here's a couple of my favourites

IMG_20130305_170618.jpg

IMG_20130215_152414.jpg

It doesn't help I ordered something like 500 earring hooks from eBay that I'm trying to use up. :lol:

Post your own!

Oooh - your earrings are really pretty! I make them too (see the jewellery, beads & buttons thread for my latest creations) Earrings are still probably my favourite thing to make, as it was an earring kit that got me into beads, plus they're (usually!) fairly quick and easy to make :)

I cannot lie, I love making earrings. Does anyone else make earrings? I think I like working with chain the best and then connecting beads together. I've been trying to teach myself and it's definitely the process.

Here's a couple of my favourites

IMG_20130305_170618.jpg

IMG_20130215_152414.jpg

It doesn't help I ordered something like 500 earring hooks from eBay that I'm trying to use up. :lol:

Post your own!

oh I really like that second picture. I let my holes go closed so many years ago because they were always getting infected and then I had kids that seemed to always go for the ears and I had visions of an earring getting ripped out. Probably wouldn't have happened, but it was freaking me out so much, I just stopped wearing earrings altogether.

I do kind of miss them now because that is jewelry I could wear that I wouldn't have to fight with busy chihuahuas over ;)

These pictures make me want to get out beading stuff, which means I would need to buy more beading stuff to freshen up my stock. Days need more hours in them!

Thanks all. I've got a whole bunch more. You can PM me for my Facebook page where I (sometimes) update. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Those are so nice! I've tried my hand at making earrings, but they never looked that good. And I've already got a ton of earrings I can't really wear anymore since my ears are stretched out. Do you have to work with pliers to hook all those little pieces onto the chains?

Those are so nice! I've tried my hand at making earrings, but they never looked that good. And I've already got a ton of earrings I can't really wear anymore since my ears are stretched out. Do you have to work with pliers to hook all those little pieces onto the chains?

Pliers give the best result but I started off using artery clamps ;) Round-nosed pliers (which I use and are great for getting started) only cost a few pounds.

Thanks!

Yes. I use eye pins where I can but you definitely have to use pliers. I have several different types depending on how fine the work is. It took a lot of practice. Like these earrings are the first ones I made

164467_212380288907503_310617594_n.jpg

I've fixed these since then but I can see the wee mistakes.

• 3 months later...

I tried making some earrings once but they fell apart rather quickly :/ I'm super impressed with the ones on here ! They look fab.

Late to the party, but I agree with everyone, your earrings are beautiful! I wish I was crafty!

• 4 weeks later...

I like all the posted pics :)

The first one is my favorite and I also like the third's choice in copper wire.

I make earrings and such :)

I'm better at copying than coming up with my own designs. I started when I was at the Colorado Ren Faire with friends and they were looking at a simple two bead green leaf earrings. The next few years I sold quite a bit, but only to friends. Nobody else was interested and the market was flooded anyway. I did alright at small bazaars.

Lately I've played with wire wrapping gem stones. I'll post some of my work when I get the chance. I'm also working with gemstones, bone, wood, leather and other natural items.

One thing I did when starting was to work with cheap wire until I got the hang of it. I used a lot of florist wire and paper clips. LOL!!

Walmart has pliars in the craft section for $5.

I also crochet (since age 12) and leatherwork (this year lol!) I'm just starting to collect leather tools. Okay... slid OT :lol:

Archived