IGNORED

Baby burkas - Saudi Father Kills Daughter - Merged

merrily

A Saudi cleric claims the best way for his country to prevent sexual molestation of young girls is to require them to wear burkas.

The comments, made by cleric Sheikh Abdullah Daoud, come in the wake of the Fayhan al-Ghamdi verdict. Al-Ghamdi is a Saudi cleric accused of raping and torturing his five-year-old daughter to death. On Saturday, Digital Journal reported al-Ghamdi was ordered to pay "blood money" to the slain girl's mother, but was spared a jail sentence.

:?

Here's the entire trainwreck if anyone feels like reading it. http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/3 ... z2JwH9Rk7i

EDIT because I tried to link it and failed. :(

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:?

Here's the entire trainwreck if anyone feels like reading it. http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/3 ... z2JwH9Rk7i

EDIT because I tried to link it and failed. :(

The best way to prevent sexual molestation of young girls is to require everyone with a penis to wear a device on it that allows any female to shock the shit out of him at any time he steps out of line. Oh wait, but thats too restrictive on teh menz and may actually work...

Why is it that when a rape or crime against women is publicized, the clergy are the first to come up with some insane remark? First the Indian guru who claimed 'she should have prayed to her god' now this.

This is insane.

If you find a child so attractive that they have to wear a burka to stop you from raping them, there is something wrong with you and you probably shouldnt be allowed near children.

Why cant people blame the rapist, not the victim.

It doesn't even make sense in the context of the story for so many reasons. He did this to his daughter, I thought you didn't have to cover your face around your family. She's five, so children are by definition not supposed to be sexually attractive. And finally, the perp is a cleric, shouldn't he be held to a higher standard, not the victim?

What kind of sick fuck rapes babies? Can't these so called-alpha men of Abrahamic religions controll their hormones if they're supposedly the stronger sex? This is all kinds of wrong.

What kind of sick fuck rapes babies? Can't these so called-alpha men of Abrahamic religions controll their hormones if they're supposedly the stronger sex? This is all kinds of wrong.

What I gather from all the writings of fundies of Abrahamic religions are that men are pathetic and unable to control themselves and should not be trusted to act with dignity and respect. It floors me that these people are trying to convince me to convert to their brand of crazy by peddling this garbage. Why on earth would I want to be a part of that nonsense?

That poor little girl. :cry: I hope that's she's being loved and looked after in Heaven right now. What a sick, digusting man! He was the one man who was meant to love and protect her the most and he did just the opposite. There is a special place in Hell for him! :evil:

When will these tosspots learn - modesty is a pile of wank. It's got sod all to do with what a person is wearing!!! It reminds me of an anti-rape/rape awarness poster of a girl wearing a woolly jumper and jeans, holding a sign along the lines of "Go on, ask me what I was wearing when I was raped, I dare you. I was wearing this." Wish I could remember where I saw it though.....

This is so sick and heartbreaking.

It's also just the extreme form of the same modesty shtick Duggars and co foist upon the world. Females of all ages! Cover your selves up or you will be raped! It also is clear that even in countries where modesty rules are so stringent to the point that women are completely covered up - it doesn't stop sexual assault. Of course, men taking responsibility for their own actions is just too much to ask for.

What. The. Oh my god, this is disgusting. One can never fully protect a society from crime, even the most horrific of crimes, but one would hope that in such a case the response would be...well, not that.

I think I may despise humanity. This is just... WFT? What is wrong with these people! I'm starting to think Buzzard has it right. Shock devices for all teh menz.

This is quite possibly the worst thing I've read here on FJ, or at least it comes pretty damn close.

This is disturbing on so many levels. The blame the victim nonsense has got to stop! These women could probably be inside steel safes but the moment they were found out to be women they'd be harrassed.

The best way to prevent sexual molestation of young girls is to require everyone with a penis to wear a device on it that allows any female to shock the shit out of him at any time he steps out of line. Oh wait, but thats too restrictive on teh menz and may actually work...

This! There is a special place in hell for this POS!

Oh yeah, obviously that's gonna work, because NEVER EVER is a woman raped who wears a burka! Good job, everyone, solved THAT problem for ever.

Now here is an idea: accept the radical notion that women - and children - are PEOPLE, not walking, talking flashlights. Amazingly I have yet to know of a rapist who embraced that concept.

During a television interview on Islamic Al-Majd TV, Daoud said wearing veils that completely covered the face would help prevent baby girls from being molested. He went on to claim that unnamed medical and security sources say there is an increase in the number of babies and young girls being molested, citing the case of a 49-year-old man accused of raping his daughter no less than 288 times as an example.

That's it, I am getting off the internet now. Gonna curl up with my cats and pretend I didn't read that.

Here's an idea: Just dress up all those baby girls as boys. Who'd be able to tell the difference? :roll:

What I've read in this thread is literally making me sick to my stomach.

I can't even... I just... I'm ashamed to share the same planet as these animals.

So the mother is ok with him just paying her money and going about his life like nothing happened. If that were my child I would find him and he would never touch another child again. That is some fucked up people who are letting this go basically unpunished.

So the mother is ok with him just paying her money and going about his life like nothing happened.

Probably not, but it's not up to her in Saudi; her male relative(s) have to act for her in legal proceedings.

The child was the rapist's daughter, but it doesn't say if the mother was one of his wives. If she was, the rapist would be the legal guardian of the mother.

Probably not, but it's not up to her in Saudi; her male relative(s) have to act for her in legal proceedings.

The child was the rapist's daughter, but it doesn't say if the mother was one of his wives. If she was, the rapist would be the legal guardian of the mother.

According to the Daily Mail (admittedly not the best news source) the parents were divorced and she isn't satisfied with just the money.

The mother of a five-year-old Saudi girl who was tortured to death by her ‘celebrity cleric’ father, has said she wants him brought to justice...It was previously reported that her father Fayhan al-Ghamdi, a prominent Islamist preacher who regularly appears on television in Saudi Arabia, had been released after paying ‘blood money’ to his ex-wife, and Lama’s mother, Syeda Mohammed Ali. It has now emerged that Lama’s mother is bringing her own case against al-Ghamdi, who is still in prison. ‘My dear child is dead, and all I want now is justice so I can close my eyes and know she didn't die in vain,’ Syeda Mohammed Ali, told CNN, adding that her daughter was ‘brutally tortured in the most shocking ways.’ She is divorced from al-Ghamdi who is remarried and has two more children, and claims the torture happened whilst Lama was in her father’s care in March last year. ‘The state needs to even consider taking his two children from him and his wife away because I fear for their lives,’ she added.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2KDn9AYHD

What he did is sick, and the idea that little girls should start wearing burkas is, imho, more proof that the religion that the government in Saudi Arabia is promoting is so far from what Muhammad taught and what the Qu'ran says that it isn't even the same religion. In Islam, women of *any* age don't need to cover around their close male relatives, because they are *supposed* to be safe at home.

Archived