IGNORED

Baby burkas - Saudi Father Kills Daughter - Merged

merrily

So the mother is ok with him just paying her money and going about his life like nothing happened. If that were my child I would find him and he would never touch another child again. That is some fucked up people who are letting this go basically unpunished.

well it was a girl child not worth much really not like a son. more of a burden. :roll:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What good are burkas, anyway? (or other extremely modest dress) I know this is brought up a lot on fj, but once again here is proof that there is a paradox in the more modest the dress the more focus on sexuality. Covering little girls in burkas, for pedophiles, emphasizes all the more how tempting is what's underneath. And there is nothing about male pedophiles who prefer boys or female pedophiles...

edited for grammar and a riffle

Violet said:

modesty is a pile of wank. It's got sod all to do with what a person is wearing!!!

Hear, hear! I also like Buzzard's idea. But we know that's never going to happen, because it would be cruel and inhumane. Unlike covering baby girls in fabric so men will think they're a couch cushion or something and not rape them.

Victim blaming: a time-honored pastime all over the world.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/05/07/1089381/-Child-molesters-seductive-children-are-the-problem#

My headship and i were discussing this today because of a catholic friend of mine posting a suggestion that women should be covered up in church to stop distracting men and priests with their bodies during mass - and we got onto the subject that many many women who are covered from head to toe such as women in burkas and nuns are raped. If a man is a rapist in his heart he may well act that out, no matter what his victim is wearing or doing or how she is acting. And I think we cannot say this enough. I am a 20 year rape survivor who still will sometimes break down in tears and think "if only I wasn't wearing make up/in a tight top/being friendly when I met my rapist" - it is a really hard way of thinking to break and sick bastards reinforcing the idea that even tiny children need to police their bodies rather than rapists police their criminal tendencies just adds to the pile of shit heaped on top of rape survivors every day by society.

And I SO respect that mother for doing what I can only imagine must be really hard in her culture and standing up for a murdered and raped child who suffered at the hands of her own father. I really hope she and her daughter can get some kind of justice. http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/342697 This article really brings home the horror of what that little girl endured. And I am encouraged by the outrage the "baby burka" advocate has been met with in SA. But when you consider that someone could be executed for becoming a christian or being gay or being a "witch" in SA, the fact that the so-called father of Lama basically got away with handing over some money seems even more horrific.

So the mother is ok with him just paying her money and going about his life like nothing happened. If that were my child I would find him and he would never touch another child again. That is some fucked up people who are letting this go basically unpunished.

Not at all. The parents were divorced and in Saudi Arabia, favour goes to the father when it comes to custody. From what I have read, the mother was rarely allowed to see her child and she had absolutely no standing to get to her seeing as the father is a powerful religious figure. I've also read other reports saying that there was no 'blood money' paid...yet.

This just makes me mad. It's is not a childs job to worry about arousing men. The grown adult men need to step up and be held responsible for their actions!

Not at all. The parents were divorced and in Saudi Arabia, favour goes to the father when it comes to custody. From what I have read, the mother was rarely allowed to see her child and she had absolutely no standing to get to her seeing as the father is a powerful religious figure. I've also read other reports saying that there was no 'blood money' paid...yet.

What that pig did to Lama has been on my mind ever since I read about it. I can't imagine her own mother has just shrugged it off. She sounds from news reports like she is very angry and wants justice, in so far as anything can ever be justice after what Lama endured, and is just so trapped by the way her country's judicial system works. She must be in a living hell.

• 4 weeks later...

For those who don't want to click on the link.

A Saudi man who raped his five-year-old daughter and tortured her to death has been sentenced to pay "blood money" to the mother after having served a short jail term, according to activists.

The man, said to be a religious scholar who is also a regular guest on Islamic television networks, confessed to having used cables and a cane to inflict the injuries, activists from the group Women to Drive said in a statement on Saturday.

Lamia was admitted to hospital on December 25, 2011, with multiple injuries, including a crushed skull, broken ribs and left arm, extensive bruising and burns, the activists said.

They said the father had doubted his daughter Lama's virginity and had her checked up by a medic.

She died last October.

Randa al-Kaleeb, a social worker from the hospital where Lama was admitted, said the girl's back was broken and that she had been raped "everywhere", according to the group.

The activists said that the judge had ruled the prosecution could only seek "blood money and the time the defendant had served in prison since Lama's death suffices as punishment".

Three Saudi activists, including Manal al-Sharif, who in 2011 challenged Saudi laws that prevent women from driving, have raised objections to the ruling.

The ruling is based on national laws that a father cannot be executed for murdering his children, nor can husbands be executed for murdering their wives, activists said.

He can call himself a man after doing all of this? :evil:

Thanks for fixing, this was the first time I started a thread and wasn't entirely sure how to do it correctly!

I'm not sure I believe in Hell, but if it does exist I hope there's a special place in it for this monster (calling him a man would be offensive to all the decent men out there!) :evil: How could someone do that to another human being????

that's the horrible thing about patriarchy, it renders women/girls as objects, worthy only because of their virginity. This guy... I can't even. What he 'claims' about his child is ridiculous.

He didn't see her as human.

:evil: I really hope that little girl is in a much better place now. Stories like this really test my faith in humanity.

Did I read correctly that he attacked his daughter because he questioned her virginity, despite her being 5?!!!

The ruling is based on national laws that a father cannot be executed for murdering his children, nor can husbands be executed for murdering their wives, activists said.

I.am.speechless.

Did I read correctly that he attacked his daughter because he questioned her virginity, despite her being 5?!!!

Well he actually did it because he's a monster, but this appears to be his bollocks excuse for it :evil:

So let me get this straight- HE raped her, then killed her because she wasn't a virgin? :doh:

I hate that he wasn't punished as severely as he ought to have been. I hate how Saudi "justice" is such a joke.

He didn't see her as human.

It is damn frightening what a person can do to another person once they're stripped of any humanity.

I hope the girl is in a far better place and is healed in body and mind.

It is damn frightening what a person can do to another person once they're stripped of any humanity.

I hope the girl is in a far better place and is healed in body and mind.

This. Stories like this make me not want to live on this planet anymore.

he ruling is based on national laws that a father cannot be executed for murdering his children, nor can husbands be executed for murdering their wives, activists said.[/

So, he gets a fine and time served.

Fundamentalist religion makes for some interesting laws.

How many of the guys we snark on might think this is a reasonable law?

I think it's very disturbing that Saudiarabia funds so many of the mosques in the west and also have influence over who is employed as imams there. Very disturbing.

Yes.

How anyone can come up with such an idea is beyond me. Not to make light of the situation but its almost a; oh hai daughter, let me check the state of your hymen by BREAKING IT WITH MY PENIS.

This is what happens when half the population has no voice.

The campaign is aimed at forcing the Saudi government to enact legislation that would criminalize violence against women and children. Under Saudi Arabia’s current Islamic law, a father cannot be executed for murdering his children, or for murdering his wife.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/3 ... z2MrZJ7icN

Deviant individuals can exist anywhere, but WTF to the Saudi government which ENABLES father to commit atrocities like this.

This is a regime which is supposed to be an ally of the American government. Any chance of talking about something other than oil for a moment and maybe saying "ya know, letting fathers kill their kids and wives really isn't a good thing."

I know there was a whole fracking debate, but this is something else to consider - more domestic energy means less pressure to suck up to this woman-hating regime and less oil revenues lining their pockets and preventing any need for them to reform.

Archived