IGNORED

Wissman Family updates

teachergirl

I headed on over there and it seems 1.) Kori and Andrew just celebrated their second anniversary with no mention of a pregnancy. I know we don't snark on fertility but perhaps they are just delaying pregnancy and enjoying life?

2.) Poor Rachel is stuck on a farm with a husband who still looks like he just isnt that into her...Her writing came across so desperate to me and no mention of a pregnancy yet....Any thoughts?

I headed on over there and it seems 1.) Kori and Andrew just celebrated their second anniversary with no mention of a pregnancy. I know we don't snark on fertility but perhaps they are just delaying pregnancy and enjoying life?

2.) Poor Rachel is stuck on a farm with a husband who still looks like he just isnt that into her...Her writing came across so desperate to me and no mention of a pregnancy yet....Any thoughts?

Too miserable for "sweet" communion?

I know Andrew and Kori have been discussed on here before, at some length. I believe Kori comes from a very lite background and has just a couple of siblings. Perhaps she has brought the idea of birth control with her into the marriage.

Rachel and Allan, I'm not sure, I would have thought they would be pregnant by now. Rachel is 31~ so if they want a full quiver they need to get going sooner rather than later. He doesn't seem comfortable in the photos they post but perhaps put it down to a dislike of being infront of the camera, rather than a dislike of his wife.

I'm guessing they are part of the Vision crowd. They don't look or act like most folks from ATI. Does anyone know the age of Ma Wissman? She looks up there in age & the youngest girl is under 7 years old.

There was a topic about them going on a cruise. I bet it was one of those Christian Tours from the Burke organization. Burke Christian tours are year round. Don't know if it has been mentioned up here.

Their cruise was from the 24-28th of February. wissmannfamily.com/Cruise.html Looks like a knee slapping good time to me. :roll:

If their oldest child is 31, and their youngest 7, then Gloria must be what, 49 or 50?

I think the cruise is for next February. The Wissmans do tend to have their offspring get married, unlike the Botkin girls, other than Smuggar Duggar, 7 Sisters, Arndts...

I hope Rachel enjoys her life. She appears very sweet. I kind of hope her husband is one of those guys who just hates posing for and having his picture taken.He did remain single for a long time in the fundie world.

I am going to say I think he hates getting his picture taken is the vibe I get. I actually find that more realistic since I hate getting my picture taken and when you think about it most people do. The who constantly looking so damn happy in pictures isn't honest.

• 2 months later...

Andrew and Kori's blog hasn't been updated since December. Either they're too busy with their lives to post, or maybe there IS something they aren't ready to share. Maybe they ARE trying to get pregnant, or had miscarriages? There's no way to tell. But it appears that his family isn't giving them a hard time about that, or any other choices they may have made that doesn't fit the "fundie" image. Or, any of their kids, for that matter. Josiah and Abi have their 2 kids(3 and 1 1/2) and no sign of a third. And, if you look for it, you'll see that she worked outside the home before they were married. It seems this family, even if they subscribe to the ATI/IBLP lifestyle, they evaluate it, and the Bible with open hearts, especially towards their adult children. But, we can't really tell how it is for the older un-marrieds, like Ruth who turns 30 this year.

• 5 years later...

I had nowhere else to put this because FJ doesn’t actually talk much about the Lindsay family. They are a large fundie homeschooling family that likes to sing and they are friends with the Wissman family. Their youngest son had surgery for brain cancer this year and had been doing a little better recently. But he’s taken a turn for the worse and I think they are preparing for the end. They were planning on meeting up with the Wissman at a singing festival this weekend but obviously they aren’t now. I feel horrible for them. Michael is only around 12 I believe. 

CDF643B1-89F0-4DF6-8684-49703754AD6E.jpeg

I saw that on their Insta. As much as my life differs from theirs, I feel such compassion and pain for them.

• 1 month later...

So I like the Wissman family for the most part, they’re one of my gateway fundie blogs. 

However, I’m a bit weirded out by all of the pics of Sussanah and the oldest brother that’s still at home. Nearly every photo of the two of them lately in the blog and Instagram pages has them looking like a dating/married couple. I understand having a favorite sibling and all but she’s always clutching his arm like a wife or girlfriend would do or they’re always really close in group photos with their heads touching. It’s just very strange to me. 

• 3 weeks later...

Michael Lindsey died today. I feel horrible for them. He was so young. 

On 9/27/2018 at 11:45 AM, Odd1Out said:

So I like the Wissman family for the most part, they’re one of my gateway fundie blogs. 

However, I’m a bit weirded out by all of the pics of Sussanah and the oldest brother that’s still at home. Nearly every photo of the two of them lately in the blog and Instagram pages has them looking like a dating/married couple. I understand having a favorite sibling and all but she’s always clutching his arm like a wife or girlfriend would do or they’re always really close in group photos with their heads touching. It’s just very strange to me. 

I’ve mentioned this before. They aren’t the only family to do this. I’ve seen the Bates kids do this and the Bontrager kids too. I personally think these families are touchy with siblings because they don’t always get that type of affection from their parents and they obviously don’t get it from BF/GFs. The same sex BFF siblings are always hugging or have an arm around the other. 

Archived