IGNORED

legitimate rape not right woman don't get pregnant from rape

doggie

I love it in criticizing Todd Akin's legitimate rape She ends up saying the same thing. what a frigging idiot. well what do you expect from "the conscience of the Republican Party" group.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/0 ... 96875.html

The president of California's oldest and largest GOP volunteer group took a wrong turn while trying to criticize GOP candidates' missteps on women's reproductive rights when she argued that pregnancies resulting from rape are rare "because the body is traumatized."

Celeste Greig leads the California Republican Assembly, which former President Ronald Reagan once called "the conscience of the Republican Party." It works to elect conservative Republicans to public office.

Oh good! More unscientific horseshit.

Hay, maybe the ancient Greek physician Hippocratis was right after all, and women's uteri actually roam around the body – thereby, assuming the “logic†of these bloviating politicians, allowing said wandering wombs to escape penetration by the phallus of a rapist.

'Prove me wrong, Demoncrats. Prove me wrong!'

You know your argument is illogical if you can't find a reputable doctor to back up your claims while the other side can.

What drives me nuts about the whole " pregnancy is rare from rape" argument - is that of course most of the time women aren't going to get pregnant from rape --- because women are only fertile for a couple of days a month, so the woman who is raped has to be 1) In the right age range 2) Not already on birth control 3) generally fertile and 4) during her fertile time period. Plus the rapist would also need to be fertile, some of them wear condoms etc ...-- so yeah, generally, statistically, most rapes won't result in pregnancy. But that has NOTHING to do with the body being traumatized or shutting down of any of that other nonsense.

Even if someone is actively TRYING to conceive it can take up to a year of timing intercourse to coincide with ovulation in order for a pregnancy to occur. So why would these people think that relatively few babies resulting from rape means anything ?

Also, so ashamed this person comes from my State....agghhh the craziness is contagious

I always wonder... when people want to sound scientific, because it's better than sounding like a brainwashed SOTDRT hillbilly... why don't they actually get an education...?

I don't understand...even if pregnancy after rape is rare, why would this change anything? Aaaarrrrrggghh. These people ...

Even if a million women are raped this year and only one falls pregnant that is still a major problem and that woman still needs to be able to choose between keeping or terminating that pregnancy.

Dear Celeste:

Akin's comment wasn't just "insensitive". It was also complete bullshit - an attempt to claim that doctors supported a theory when no such medical evidence exists. Beyond that, the use of the term "legitimate rape" suggested that if a woman DID become pregnant, well, maybe it wasn't really rape. He was using fake theories to blame victims and to pretend that a genuine problem with his anti-abortion position did not exist. He refused to be intellectually honest and admit the full reality of his position - ie. that he believed that all women, even victims of rape, should be required to continue their pregnancies to term. If he doesn't acknowledge ALL of that, then it is not a full apology.

Saying the statement was "insensitive" is basically saying "sorry that you were offended". It's a non-apology.

You don't make the spewing of bullshit scientific theories better by continuing to spew more bullshit. The fact that you would do so after knowing full well the reaction to Akin's remarks make it clear that your head is still too far up your ass to have learned a damn thing.

I actually remember learning that in school. Gotta love a catholic education. They said that in times of extreme stress, like a rape, the body would "shut down". As usual, they've taken a grain of truth and distorted it to fit their agenda. From an evolutionary standpoint, during times of war or famine, the birthrate would drop, which makes sense. However, this is a response to long term stressors, not a single traumatic event. I call bullshit on GOP "facts". Not to mention that having these "facts" widely accepted makes victims who do get pregnant feel worse. Obviously if your body didn't "shut that whole thing down", then you must've wanted it. Hey GOP fucknuts, how about you BITE MY ASS!

I always wonder... when people want to sound scientific, because it's better than sounding like a brainwashed SOTDRT hillbilly... why don't they actually get an education...?

Because education is liberal indoctrination and would tempt a righteous man away from the One True Path?

Dear Celeste:

Akin's comment wasn't just "insensitive". It was also complete bullshit - an attempt to claim that doctors supported a theory when no such medical evidence exists. Beyond that, the use of the term "legitimate rape" suggested that if a woman DID become pregnant, well, maybe it wasn't really rape. He was using fake theories to blame victims and to pretend that a genuine problem with his anti-abortion position did not exist. He refused to be intellectually honest and admit the full reality of his position - ie. that he believed that all women, even victims of rape, should be required to continue their pregnancies to term. If he doesn't acknowledge ALL of that, then it is not a full apology.

Saying the statement was "insensitive" is basically saying "sorry that you were offended". It's a non-apology.

You don't make the spewing of bullshit scientific theories better by continuing to spew more bullshit. The fact that you would do so after knowing full well the reaction to Akin's remarks make it clear that your head is still too far up your ass to have learned a damn thing.

He did go on Huckabee and 1) apologize 2) acknowledged what he said was "ill-conceived and wrong" and that he now realizes it's possible to be raped and conceive. I'll give him that, but I'm certainly not supporting him because he did proceed to be an asshat and keep promoting the idea that every fetus should be born no matter what the circumstances. But he did admit to his mis-information.

Archived