IGNORED

Scientology in the Media

Curious

I'm watching this right now on ID. If you get a chance to watch it, it's quite good, IMO. I haven't had a chance to watch too many episodes, but this one is a bit different than the other ones I've seen because it's basically the story of one woman and her trip through Scientology. She narrates the whole ep basically.

Here is an article on the episode: tonyortega.org/2013/01/08/nancy-manys-life-in-scientology-dramatized-on-january-16-investigation-discovery-series/

I watched this episode sometime back. It was a bit depressing, but I'm glad Chris and Nancy left.

That was a bit sad at the end. It was the best episode I've seen so far, I think. There is another episode of Deadly Persuasions on ID now if anyone wants to watch it. This one is about false memories.

I caught the last 20 minutes. I was just floored that the interrogation techniques gave that poor woman a breakdown. When her husband told her it was safe, I teared up. I'm reading Jenna M Hill's book now and had to put it down cause it just bummed me out. I'm so happy that people are coming forward and blowing the lid off this mind-screw "religion". With all that's out in the media now I wonder how their attempts at recruitment are being effected? Now, if someone would just expose Gothard I would be all a quiver with true joy. Destination Disc has a series about Hidden America. They're doing Mormonism and I tried to contact them to suggest Gothard, but I couldn't find their contact info. If just one journalist can cover it in an outlet that gets enough attention, maybe that will start a domino effect.

I caught the last 20 minutes. I was just floored that the interrogation techniques gave that poor woman a breakdown. When her husband told her it was safe, I teared up. I'm reading Jenna M Hill's book now and had to put it down cause it just bummed me out. I'm so happy that people are coming forward and blowing the lid off this mind-screw "religion". With all that's out in the media now I wonder how their attempts at recruitment are being effected? Now, if someone would just expose Gothard I would be all a quiver with true joy. Destination Disc has a series about Hidden America. They're doing Mormonism and I tried to contact them to suggest Gothard, but I couldn't find their contact info. If just one journalist can cover it in an outlet that gets enough attention, maybe that will start a domino effect.

I have been thinking about buying Jenna M Hill's book, Going Clear and Nancy Many's book for my Kindle. I know Jenna and Nancy's books will be difficult to read because of what they went through. I too am glad that people are blowing the lid off Scienotology especially Jenna. Thanks for the heads up on Hidden America. I just checked their site and the Mormonism episode will air on March 10th. I agree, Gothard needs to be exposed to the mainstream media and I think it will eventually happen. In order for that to happen, ex Gothardites/ATIs need to go public.

• 1 month later...

Archived