IGNORED

Bethany Lane/Smith/S'Morton fills her quiver/Lane Blessing#2

Morton Fan

lifeattheloft.blogspot.com/2013/02/were-no-longer-three-lanes-in-loft.html

Oh my. Is it bad to wish just a squink of infertility on a S'Morton?

ETA: His due date is almost exactly a year after his brother's was (who ended up being born in August).

oh sweet baby Jeebus! Give your uterus a break Bethany!

Was Lewis a preemie? I think I vaguely remember that, and he has that preemie "look".

oh sweet baby Jeebus! Give your uterus a break Bethany!

Was Lewis a preemie? I think I vaguely remember that, and he has that preemie "look".

Yes, I think he was about 11 weeks premature.

Yes, I think he was about 11 weeks premature.

Then Bethany definitely needs to give her uterus a break! I hope that she has a couple of years between kid 2 and 3.

Bethany is pregnant, due in October.

She is truly fulfilling her duty and a product of her father's choices.

lifeattheloft.blogspot.com/2013/02/were-no-longer-three-lanes-in-loft.html

I don't know for sure but no more than 20. They've been married all of 13 months. Ink is barely dry on the marriage license and they're multiplying right on schedule.

Ugh, the unnecessary apostrophes. Although I'm not sure why I would expect different from someone who thinks their baby spent the first several days of his life in an "icelet" :roll:

29 weeks is not quite micropreemie status, but she doesn't even seem to realize how serious a complication it was to go into labor that early. 2 months in the NICU is hardly a walk in the park, but it could have been significantly worse too. I hope she's getting good prenatal care...sometimes the problems that cause preterm labor can reoccur.

So, I'm a fan of larger families (4-6?) and I'm all for having babies young (I have three of my own and I'm not yet 30). BUT personally I find it amazing these people have as many healthy babies as they do. The first Lane (Lewis Land? Head desk. Why lord?) being born so early...someone should really take the time to tell these people that it is more dangerous for mother and baby if the mother is under 21. They're just not physically mature enough for healthy pregnancy and childbirth. It can happen of course, but statistically speaking, it's just less safe for everyone. And I think people who would identify loud and proud with the pro-life movement should think twice before they make reproductive decisions that knowingly put a theoretical unborn baby at risk. Not to mention mother.

Just because a girl has a period does not mean she's ready to have babies.

I hope Bethany has a safe and healthy pregnancy and I hope to God she and her husband escape the insane mind cult they're currently in...

I wonder how they can afford all this? The hospital bill for the preemie must have been huge and now another?

I was wondering the same thing, could the government have paid for their child's care.

Bethany just turned 22...though I think she and Danny both look younger.

(Here's a link from the old Smith blog where she turned 17 in January 2008: smithfamilia.blogspot.com/2008/01/happy-birthday-bethany.html)

New post on the Lanes blog...

On their facebook page there are some pics of a cruise that Danny and Bethany took this year as an anniversary trip... without Lewis.

To be honest I am totally shocked that they are expecting again... my boyfriend looks exactly like Danny (they even wear similar clothes) and we are about the same age than Bethany and Danny ... but our lifes couldnt be more different. I couldn't imagine being pregnant right now with Number Two on the way.

I just visited their site and was thinking they look soooo young. I mean I keep thinking shouldn't you be headed to your Freshman comp class not bringing another life into this world. I hope the pregnancy goes well and that things go smoothly.

I'm expecting Emily Case-Brower and Lise Morton to be next. They were all married last winter and had their first babies a few weeks apart.

I wish all these young fundie couples would wait at least a year b4 having a baby. What's wrong with a year? Do ya think God is really gonna be annoyed? Some won't touch or kiss b4 marriage. Then u have some who insist on having a chaperone around. It seems just when things are getting fun...here comes a baby! It seems they have very little time as a couple.

I've been told I was selfish for waiting 2 years. Well it's true. I was selfish. I just wasn't ready to share him. I had him all to myself & I don't regret it. I also realize there are non fundie couples who have kids early as well. Not saying this is a bad thing. Not everyone is selfish. :roll:

I know it's because she updates her blog infrequently, but it's definitely weird to have a post about your first child leaving the NICU and a post announcing the impending birth of your second child on the same page.

I know it's because she updates her blog infrequently, but it's definitely weird to have a post about your first child leaving the NICU and a post announcing the impending birth of your second child on the same page.

Agreed. And it kind of confirms that the only things worth blogging about are new !!!!1!!!baybeez!!!!1!!!11!!!!

Archived